Create a family with a twist awards! (nominations)

Drop nominations for each category also please also include a link for the post about each character. It doesn’t have to be your own character it could be someone else’s character here are the categories! The character can be from any one of the threads. You do not have to nominate something for every category if you can’t think of one for every category, you can even just do one, but do try do as many as you can as it’ll make things so much easier for me! Tw: Mentions of death

Age and gender nominations
Best baby/toddler/small child character (nb-9)
Best tween/young teen character (10-14)
Best teen character (15-19)
Best young adult character (20-29)
Best adult character (30-49)
Best middle-aged adult character (50-69)
Best pensioner character (70-79)
Best elderly character (80+)
Best previously passed away character
Best female character
Best male character
Best Lgbtqia+ character

Personality nominations
Most resilient
Most compassionate
Most evil
Most shy
Most confident

Appearance nominations
Prettiest character? (female)
Most handsome character (male)
Prettiest hair (female or male)
Prettiest eyes (female or male)
Coolest hair (female or male)
Nicest colour hair (female or hair)
Best outfit (female or male)

Group nominations
Best couple
Best lgbtqia+ couple
Best ship
Best family
Best friend group
Best sibset
Best parents

Have fun!

4 Likes

This is a WIP and any category I didn’t fill will get filled later. If you don’t see your username tagged here, don’t fret, I may still nominate your character.

Best baby/toddler/small child character (nb-9) – Elanore “ Mimi “ Jameson (@olivelovesnames) She is so adorable! I just wanna pick up and hug her! I feel so bad that she’s lost her parents, even if she has lesser memories than the other children, and that she’s having a hard time making friends. AHHH why don’t people in her life understand her? She’s so sweet and innocent! Everything about her is so cute.
Best tween/young teen character (10-14) – Ophelia Lindegaard (kitkatcookie) The brains behind everything! Who knew such a cringey character would be followed up by such a GODDESS! Ophelia is smart and isn’t afraid of what anyone thinks in terms of "pesky: perception because in the end, she’s only looking out for Azadah here. Love her Danish background as well and her family backstory.
Best teen character (15-19) – Cass McCook (@Era_Laine) She’s in such an interesting spot given the teen drama and has a nice friendship with Ainhoa. I nominated her because of how strong she is to refuse peer pressure from such a toxic individual no matter how popular or cool he is. Cass is a fun and social teen with her associations with her photography friends but also smart and mature enough to stand up for herself and not pursue dating again until she’s ready.
Best young adult character (20-29) – Sabine Chang (kitkatcookie) Hardest category to pick someone from because there’s just so many but who pops up in my head right away? Her! She was thrown into a crazy murder plot she never knew about due to false accusations on her family, which actually led to some great characters after the damage was cleared up. But as a character, she deserves far more credit for her role in the friend group, especially with her awesome Korean and British ties! I love how her whole family is into travel as well and deserve some more fan support for that kind of adventure alongside Sabine’s sheer talent at video editing! Yaya!
Best adult character (30-49) – Ingrid Turner (lilac_elixirxx) Has the perfect juxtaposition with her association with Clemma and her late mother but also to her daughter Rowan and her own friend group. Ingrid takes on the subject matter very seriously and honestly but also has compassion for her children and wouldn’t force them into this, only telling Rowan as she’s the only one in a position to be able to handle it.
Best middle-aged adult character (50-69) – Judith Dunlaw (@moonwriteen) She is iconic and an awesome mother to Brienna despite her issues as Wife 4 to her lousy ex-husband. Judith genuinely cares about the other wives despite them all after the same man at some point in their lives and she’s got a wonderful closeness to her daughter in a way that her daughter will always want to be around her. She’s a sweet gran to Sky as well!
Best pensioner character (70-79) – Birdie Caulfield (A.B.Galaxy) SHE IS AWESOME! Oh my goodness she’s so wholesome and I love that she plays such a great grandmother figure even though she isn’t a grandmother (yet)! I love what she brings in terms of her awesome family and because of her, many great ideas were made!
Best elderly character (80+) – Dinosaur Doris (@Amethyst_storm) Technically she is also a deceased character but I nominated her here because she made a lot of impact during her elder years. Because of her, the female family members have such cool exotic names. She’s also one of the funniest bios I’ve ever read. It was so crazy that it was absolutely brilliant. Thank you Doris Winslow for the comedic times; there will never be a comedically tragic character quite like you, madam.
Best previously passed away character – Beth Arnold (jinxed_peach) She is so altruistic and such a sweet mother and family member. Having such a good and giving spirit is definitely why I chose her, with the enunciation that she truly is selfless and not written like a picture-perfect Mary Sue. People have reasoning to remember her and see her as a character in her own light, not just a corpse in the ground.
Best female character – Hope Haddon (lilac_elixirxx) Very feminine and empowered character in terms of what she’s gone through and how it impacts her family. She’s a survivor! While she is dating a surgeon-in-training, she never is submissive towards him and doesn’t let the relationship impact who she is at being strong and inspirational. She is an example of living and making way into a dream life but also that things didn’t come easy and that she fought for everything she could, including survival, to get there and enjoy it.
Best male character – Henry Whitford (moonwriteen) Very deep character in terms of how he plays his role among his family and extended relatives, including in-laws. He’s one of those characters who is very intelligent and shows so much of moonwriteen’s skills in writing. I’ve always found moonwriteen to be a brilliant person with a high IQ and I love how much appreciation Henry has for his life and those around him. His personal situation in life is very unique but the way he manages the inevitable is very classy and better than I could do if I was in his situation.
Best Lgbtqia+ character – Rho Stewart (@Devils_Daughter) I love Rho and Cam’s friendship and I really enjoyed reading how sweet Rho and Cam mutually are towards each other. It’s crazy that Rho secretly loves Cam, given Cam’s relationship with Audrie, another character I really enjoy. It’s intriguing because I really love Rho and Cam, but I didn’t give them best ship because I really enjoy Audrie and I honestly think she is great for Cam. Rho is low-key impactful and that’s why I really adore him as a character.

Personality nominations
Most resilient – Kasia Malczyk (@avenmaide) Highly resilient indeed from her entire life basically. Everything that she’s gone through and still has determination and moments of happiness. She’s been in a horrible spot yet she’s come out a survivor and warrior, from both external and internal demons.
Most compassionate – Pepa Garcia (@wandering_willow) She is so kind and unfortunately doesn’t get enough credit. I admire that she didn’t turn out to be some horrible bully kid and that she’s a sweetheart who just needs a little improvement and a lot of understanding. Happy she has friends and people who support her and she deserves to have her ADHD recognised so that she can learn to live her life easier. Adorable and her morals at heart are compassionate.
Most evil – JP Crowley (kitkatcookie) While I’m not lying that he’s a massive jerk, he deserves the award because he has so much impact! He caused a rift between the Perry and Crowley families, he turned several Hillenburgs against him, he almost got Levia pregnant, and he was the reason behind Walter ending up having majority custody of he and his ex-wife’s children. He has a rich background of evil and a strong sense of wanting things his way - scaring off the possibility of things crumbling against him.
Most shy – Inna Vyarheychyk (I_meme_it) She is so sweet and I love how talented but humble she is. She doesn’t even know two guys are falling for her and I like this oblivion TBH, she’s such a peaceful queen focused on her own life. I feel she deserves more credit for how awesome she is and has a sense of shy nature that doesn’t seem to give her said credit. Yet it’s such a wholesome thing about her and her dog Mischa is equally adorable.
Most confident – Elizabeth “ Bitsy “ Waldon (avenmaide) I LOVE BITSY! She is so cool with how she is in life and being the most fabulous aunt ever! The way she’s so confident with who she is and proudly quirky makes her such a fun read and I would LOVE an aunt Bitsy in my life! I like how kind she is with her nieces, how she’s so casual but also so empowering towards them!

Appearance nominations
Prettiest character? (female) – Princess Hortensia " Tennie " of Yobria (jinxed_peach) Beautiful and serene princess mother but also someone who really wants to speak for herself, giving a motivating aspect. She needs her own platform to discuss her own views for sure. She gets this award for how she is beautiful on the outside but how charming she is as well, alongside being a “rare” character as the only princess in any CAFWAT.
Most handsome character (male) – Leyton Fennick (kitkatcookie) Immediately one of the dudes I’ve found the most attractive and one of the best manbuns I’ve seen. I usually don’t care for manbuns but this guy rocks it! Not to mention his cool beard, nice blue eyes, toned body…ok ok I’ll stop now lol! But I also like how great of a single father he is to Chione and while I’ve never really found him that naïve, I love how he’s able to look back and own up to himself, which is charming.
Prettiest hair (female or male) – Hazel Abbott (I_meme_it) I have told I_meme_it shortly after making her that if my hair ever looked like hers, that I would never change it. It’s so beautifully long and dark, with the crimson and maroon being very visible but not extremely flashy. Really goes with her style too!
Prettiest eyes (female or male) – Morgan Burns (chamwue) Has a distinct light blue colour with exquisite eye makeup, almost like face paint. Shows a dark emotional side while also making it more surprising that somebody with this eye style is actually a cheerleader.
Coolest hair (female or male) – Ethan Malenhey (kitkatcookie) So chill with a hippie vibe but also a BA Viking style for his appreciation for Scandinavian death metal. His entire style is awesome but his hair really stands out the most and has “cool” written all over it.
Nicest colour hair (female or hair) – Mei Newforth (I_meme_it) Her hair colour is SO pretty! It’s such a perfect ombré of purple, magenta and warm pink and matches her eye makeup too. Also it helps that she’s a hairstylist who loves unique coloured hair dye.
Best outfit (female or male) – Kody Vargas (I_meme_it) Literally says her whole ‘fit is thrifted which is fabulous and a mood given my own love for thrifting IRL. Also having a past of loving to dress up really helps.

Group nominations
Best couple – Danny Phipps (cara_murvolio) and Renee Newlander (kitkatcookie). These two are so adorable and I was so happy to see their sweet little girl Estelle (kitkatcookie). I’m so happy for them, they give all the nice positive feels and they have such a great vibe together.
Best lgbtqia+ couple – Keyes Yamanaka (I_meme_it) and Rory Charmant (chamwue) I love the relationship between a cis female and an AFAB non-binary person so much! Both serve a lot in their community and I love that Rory’s father was supportive of their identity despite the intriguing conflict that he’s not always supportive. I also like Keyes’ connections with other people and the role she plays in the CAFWAT. Both are somewhat underrated characters yet both are amazing people and true characters, not just love interests for one another.
Best ship – Nadine Palamon (jinxed_peach) x Josh Rutledge (A.B.Galaxy) Normally couples with 5-year-age gaps are hardcore cringe, so this is a rare and beautiful exception. (A.B.Galaxy, we miss you! Your characters make me so happy!) They are so sweet, so comforting, really making a lot of one another’s struggles go away. The fact that Josh really wants to be there for Nadine no matter what, and following what ended up happening, shows how true he is for her. An amazing man who proves he’s a great guy for her without looking like a desperate sappy simp (lol) and a strong independent queen who takes responsibility without sucking up to her parents all the time makes the two a really well put-together ship.
Best family – Oscar McGowan, Madeline Cerpa, Winnie McGowan-Cerpa Harlow McGowan-Cerpa, and Mina McGowan-Cerpa (I_meme_it, Lindseylloyd052399, cara_murvolio, 35vbrandeberry, and cara_murvolio again respectively) WOW A FAMILY STARTED IN 2019? IMPRESSIVE! Also let’s not forget the award also goes to Oscar’s sister-in-law/Madeline’s sister Trix (kitkatcookie) for her fab sisterhood and intriguing personality in pursuing drama. She and Madeline are cool sisters. I love Oscar too for his appreciation of all animals, against breed discrimination. The kiddos are cute too and I like how each one has a role in the family no matter how old they are.
Best friend group – Sensational Six Haruhi “ Haru “ Yamanaka (chamwue), Desdemona Danby (kitkatcookie), Morgan Pearce (chamwue), Sophie Taomi (lever_du_soleil), Perlette James (I_meme_it), & Xochitl Manriguez (kitkatcookie) You either love their group name and how it suits them or you dislike it and find it tacky and unfitting. Either way, they’ve gotten a great friendship dynamic. I like the adjacent characters to the group as well because it make the group feel less like a clique but I really enjoy the main six because their personalities fit well within each other.
Best sibset – Santi, Ari, & Juju Fernández-Pellón (olivelovesnames, kitkatcookie, and I.have.no.idea respectively) Cute sibling group, I love the Latinx background for them and Ari inspired me so much that I made Escarleth’s middle name Marisol aha! These kids are so sweet and I enjoy how different their lives go but that no one is being pointlessly cruel to one another - they’re all different and all alike!
Best parents – Sabrina and Leon Quinn (jinxed_peach) They deserve more credit for how sweet they were with Emi, making lasting lifetime memories and vacationing with her. They were also excited for Leon Quinn Jr., with the intriguing sideplot of Leon Sr. likely knowing that Sabrina was pregnant again and being excited in full dad energy despite what he was going through and knowing he wouldn’t meet his son. Sabrina giving her son the honour name and a maternal family connection with both her children makes them great parents nonetheless.

6 Likes

wip!

Best baby/toddler/small child character (nb-9) - Emi Quinn (cherrybomb50) You’re probably gonna see very quickly that I’m incredibly partial to the [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] family. [name_f]Emi[/name_f] herself is such a sweet and bright little girl even in the face of the loss of her father. She may not be real, but I know she’s got a bright future ahead of her!
Best tween/young teen character (10-14) - Galilee Feldsted (I_meme_it). Being stuck in the middle of her parents issues is a tough spot to be in, but [name_f]Galilee[/name_f] seems to be wise beyond her years and navigates the difficult situation of being caught between her father’s conservative Mormon side of the family and her mother’s more liberal Jewish side of the family much better than I probably would!
Best teen character (15-19) - Melina Epsom (kitkatcookie). Being the child of a single mother didn’t seem to slow down [name_f]Melina[/name_f] at all, with her ‘Auntie Dad’ and her can-do attitude [name_f]Melina[/name_f] is a pragmatic young girl who was able to track down her father all on her own after he was incarcerated. I see her as the kind of friend a lot of teens could use, someone who can have a ton of fun, but also get serious if need be.
Best young adult character (20-29) tbd
Best adult character (30-49) tbd
Best middle-aged adult character (50-69) - Sister Sofia Ruiz (cherrybomb50). A nun is already an iconic character, but one as interesting as [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] is certainly even more iconic! I love [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] and her intensity and dedication. What a character!
Best pensioner character (70-79) tbd
Best elderly character (80+) tbd
Best previously passed away character - Leon Quinn Sr. (me). I absolutely fell in love with [name_u]Leon[/name_u] as I wrote him, and even found myself totally heartbroken and even a little mad at myself since I had written his story to end so tragically. But I love how his legacy is living on in the characters of his friends and family that have been created by both myself and others :heart:
Best female character tbd
Best male character tbd
Best Lgbtqia+ character tbd

Personality nominations
Most resilient tbd
Most compassionate tbd
Most evil - Russell Burton (me). When I set out to write [name_m]Russell[/name_m], I knew he was gonna be a real piece of work. Though as his story played out I knew that he was probably one of the worst I’d ever read even outside of my own work. A master manipulator who craves nothing but power and doesn’t care who he hurts, he’s not just a bad person, he’s evil. One of the few characters that I have never once wished was real and actively thanked my lucky stars that he wasn’t.
Most shy tbd
Most confident tbd

Appearance nominations
Prettiest character? (female) tbd
Most handsome character (male) tbd
Prettiest hair (female or male) tbd
Prettiest eyes (female or male) tbd
Coolest hair (female or male) Jax Knight (szinkle). There’s so many great hairdos on these threads, but Jax’s is so out of this world! I imagine all eyes land on her when she walks in the room thanks to her colorful tresses, and those beautiful curls!
Nicest colour hair (female or hair) - Kanoa Penrhys (I_meme_it). This lavender color is soo stunning! I’m obsessed and would totally love to have that as my hair color, I bet it fades quickly though as many vibrant hair dyes do though.
Best outfit (female or male) tbd

Group nominations
Best couple - tbd
Best lgbtqia+ couple - Hedy Michaels-Buller (kitkatcookie) + Solei Davies (me) + Daris Buller (moonwriteen). Throuples/polyamory is not often seen in CAFWATs, and, forgive me if I’m wrong, I think [name_f]Hedy[/name_f], [name_f]Solei[/name_f], and [name_m]Daris[/name_m] are the only one I’ve seen so far that have children. I love seeing us writers showcase all different kinds of lives and love stories in our works and these three have won me over a little with their unique family that helps to show that love comes in all forms.
Best ship Gianni Rossi (cherrybomb50) + Bebe Hickham (me). At first glance these two might seem like an example of opposites attract, but I think they’re much more similar than it appears. Their love may have been short-lived and nothing more than a fling, but I feel as though their chemistry is palpable and makes me secretly hope that in their universe one day their paths will cross again. Maybe they’ll even get to known their baby boy and co-parent him with his adoptive parents.
Best family - Like I said, I wont be shy about how much I love the [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] family. From the immediate members such as Sabrina Quinn (me), the aforementioned [name_f]Emi[/name_f] and [name_u]Leon[/name_u], and unborn baby Leon Quinn Jr. (me) To the more extended relatives such as Leon’s siblings, Darcey Quinn (kitkatcookie), Cori Quinn (me), Mariel Kellerman, her children, Milan, Tia, and Polly (me) and her husband, Anton Kellerman (me). With [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] and Leon’s son still not yet being born their story is still going and it’s one of my favorites that I’ve helped to write.
Best friend group - tbd
Best sibset - The [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] siblings, Diamantia Jameson (me), Sabine Jameson (riverwarrior44), Lachlan Jameson (sableandherdog), Aneira Jameson (cherrybomb50), and Mimi Jameson (olivelovesnames) are all so sweet and well developed. The loss of their parents is heartbreaking and each of them are so likeable, loveable even, in all their own ways.
Best parents - Celine Jameson (wandering_willow) + Gerard Jameson (cherrybomb50). This duo is especially qualified for this category if you ask me, not only are they parents, they’re grandparents who are currently parenting their grandchildren after the loss of their parents. It’s a sad situation but one that I think the couple is handling with grace.

4 Likes

Ahh this warms my heart. Thank you! I spent like an hour and a half writing her bio because I wanted to get all the details right. I wanted it to be realistic but not too triggering for anyone, and of course, to have at least some lovely, happy things. There’s no darkness without light, right? :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Yay, after 5 months (oh wow that’s awkward lol) I FINALLY FINISHED NOMINATING! Good luck in the awards, everyone!

1 Like