Names for a Starlight Sailor {moodboard}

Hi Berries. I’ve been bitten by the aesthetic bug!

I’ve been really struggling to get my name lists in order following the birth of my first actual tiny human. (For some reason, now that she’s been named, it feels like all my lists of combos and ideas for potential future siblings are just in shambles.)

I’ve been really inspired by all the name aesthetics and moodboards y’all have been posting lately, so I decided to start collecting names into categories based on the aesthetics I’m going for!

I’m calling this one Starlight Sailor. Names in this category are nautical, celestial, adventurous; pirates and wayfarers and explorers. Colors and textures are marine blue, leather and wood, parchment and bronze; sails and rigging, sextants and spyglasses; creaking timbers and salt-encrusted ropes; sea shanties to the rhythm of crashing waves; the silver twinkle of starlight reflecting off the surface of a sea calm as glass; vintage maps that read “here there be dragons.”

Moodboard

What names would you give to a Starlight Sailor? (I can’t wait to see your ideas!)

Update: I’ve created a public list for this aesthetic, which I’ll be updating as we go. You can see it here.

3 Likes

Well, I totally missed the board we were on, so I came up with these girls names: [name_f]Ursa[/name_f], [name_u]Artemis[/name_u], [name_f]Galilea[/name_f], [name_f]Thalassa[/name_f], and [name_f]Danica[/name_f], before I realized I need to shift gears to the boys names! Whoops!

Boys names: [name_m]Irving[/name_m], [name_m]Horatio[/name_m], [name_m]Tarek[/name_m], [name_m]Marino[/name_m]

I’m not sure why it feels harder to fit the brief with the boy names than with the girl names.

2 Likes

[name_u]Atlas[/name_u]
[name_u]Finnegan[/name_u]
[name_u]Brooks[/name_u]
[name_m]Laszlo[/name_m]
[name_u]Vrai[/name_u]
[name_m]Rochester[/name_m]
[name_m]Jethro[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u]
[name_m]Kipling[/name_m]
[name_u]Steele[/name_u]
[name_u]Hartley[/name_u]
[name_u]Adler[/name_u]
[name_m]Locke[/name_m]
[name_m]Leander[/name_m]
[name_m]Benson[/name_m]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m]
[name_u]Chandler[/name_u]
[name_u]Collins[/name_u]
[name_m]Fletcher[/name_m]
[name_m]Hal[/name_m]

1 Like

i love this idea to get names that match your ideas!!

[name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Ivor[/name_m]
[name_m]Miro[/name_m]
[name_m]Pierce[/name_m]
[name_u]Revere[/name_u]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m]
[name_u]Windsor[/name_u]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_m]Sennet[/name_m]

1 Like

The first thought was sweet Taran :).

Gemini, Atticus, Emrys, Othello, Caspian, Theoden, Zephyr, Gwion, Mars, Darius, Elatha, Rigel, Caius, Aquila, Neptune, Ocean, Percival, Icarus, Andre, Conan, Lucien, Saros, Verne, Demetri, Calloway, Halloran.

1 Like

I adore this aesthetic! [name_f]My[/name_f] own personal aesthetic is similar, lots of dark colours and starry nights.

[name_u]Aberdeen[/name_u]
[name_m]Altair[/name_m]
[name_m]Artair[/name_m]
Brontide
[name_m]Celadon[/name_m]
[name_m]Creed[/name_m]
Damascus
[name_m]Draco[/name_m]
[name_m]Faraday[/name_m]
[name_m]Hesperus[/name_m]
Ibai
[name_m]Llyr[/name_m]
[name_m]Makai[/name_m]
[name_u]Marinell[/name_u]
Marleif
[name_u]Marlo[/name_u]
[name_u]Meridian[/name_u]
[name_m]Muir[/name_m]
[name_u]Oberon[/name_u]
[name_m]Osiris[/name_m]
[name_u]Quest[/name_u]
Realm
[name_u]Rigel[/name_u]
Taskill
[name_u]Tenzin[/name_u]
[name_u]Valor[/name_u]

1 Like

Oh my goodness! I am salivating over all these amazing ideas!

@eattacosforbreakfast - ooh, maybe I should have specified in the post that I was looking for masc names this time around? I love [name_f]Thalassa[/name_f] though, and I’m going to count [name_f]Galilea[/name_f] as [name_m]Galileo[/name_m] for the purposes of this post :wink: [name_m]Tarek[/name_m] is completely new to me, and that seriously never happens. :open_mouth:

@noiseandkisses - [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] is perfect. I’m also loving [name_m]Locke[/name_m] and [name_m]Leander[/name_m]!

@canyonmoon28 - Right? I had so much fun collecting the photos and making the collage! [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] is exactly the name I had in mind that sparked this whole aesthetic in the first place! I’m loving [name_m]Evander[/name_m], [name_u]Revere[/name_u], and [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] as well.

@nymphnaps - Wow, you are spot on with so many of these! [name_u]Taran[/name_u] is another one that’s completely new to me! :scream: I’m loving [name_u]Gemini[/name_u], [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], [name_m]Theoden[/name_m], [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u], [name_u]Rigel[/name_u] (swoon!), [name_u]Neptune[/name_u], [name_u]Ocean[/name_u], [name_m]Lucien[/name_m], [name_u]Verne[/name_u], and of course, [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]. [name_m]Othello[/name_m] and [name_m]Icarus[/name_m] are also amazing, though I think they’re in GP category for me. [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] is actually the seed for another moodboard currently in progress!

@columbiacharm - Thank you! It was so fun to make! You have some fantastic suggestions here. I’m loving [name_m]Altair[/name_m], [name_m]Celadon[/name_m], [name_m]Creed[/name_m], [name_m]Faraday[/name_m], [name_m]Llyr[/name_m] (heart eyes for days!!), [name_u]Meridian[/name_u], [name_m]Muir[/name_m], [name_u]Quest[/name_u], and [name_u]Rigel[/name_u]. [name_u]Oberon[/name_u] and [name_m]Osiris[/name_m] are also magical, though my brain sorts them into different categories (both of which have a moodboard in progress).

This is so inspiring, you guys. I can’t even explain to you. I’m so glad everyone started doing these aesthetic posts, because this is the most successful I’ve ever been at communicating the kinds of names I’m looking for. I can’t believe how many great options I have already! Thank you!!

2 Likes

[name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] aesthetic!!

I’d suggest

[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Ozias[/name_m]
[name_u]Orion[/name_u]
[name_u]Idris[/name_u]
[name_m]Perseus[/name_m]
[name_u]Storm[/name_u]
Samphire
[name_m]Rhydian[/name_m]

1 Like

@Greyblue - Thank you!! [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] is literally that name that inspired this aesthetic! I’m also loving [name_u]Orion[/name_u], [name_u]Idris[/name_u], and [name_u]Storm[/name_u]. [name_m]Perseus[/name_m] isn’t one of my favorite names, but it fits the brief perfectly.

1 Like

I raided British baby names for some suggestions that might not have been mentioned yet, so all credit goes there. Also I pretty much decided on whether these were more sailor or druid based on if I could imagine ‘Captain’ in front of them :sweat_smile:.

Elyan
Pyrrhus
[name_u]Wynn[/name_u]
Iskandar/Skandar
[name_m]Ilyas[/name_m]
[name_m]Nadir[/name_m]
[name_m]Fergus[/name_m]
[name_m]Jago[/name_m]
[name_f]Rilian[/name_f]
[name_m]Kitto[/name_m]
Dran
[name_u]Pascoe[/name_u]
[name_u]Jory[/name_u]
[name_m]Jowan[/name_m]
[name_m]Locryn[/name_m]
[name_m]Santo[/name_m]
[name_m]Corentyn[/name_m]
[name_m]Finlo[/name_m]

1 Like

@Myosotis - That is the best litmus test ever. I love it! [name_m]Iskandar[/name_m] and [name_m]Skandar[/name_m] are both so epic! I used to love [name_m]Nadir[/name_m], but then I worked with an absolutely awful person with this name, and now I can never use it. It definitely belongs on the list for others though! I’m also a fan of [name_m]Jago[/name_m], [name_m]Ilyas[/name_m], and [name_m]Corentin[/name_m] (though I prefer this spelling).

1 Like

[name_u]Halo[/name_u].

if you see me on any other boards, im so sorry!!! i didnt realize that these were supposed to be all male names. ive already come up with female names for this aesthetic, so im going to put them!

suggestions: :ocean:

female: :passenger_ship:
ursula
aberdeen
oceania
seychelles
typhoon
matira
coraline
cruise or cruz
aruba
keilani
sydney
magdalene
omura
sandi
diondra
adriatic
ariel
marina
eldoris
brooke
lyria
misty
wisteria
isadora
irma
abalone
cascade
aqua
deliria
nerissa
evian

male: :ship:
skipper
cayman
harvey
danton
solomon
davao
lunan
saunton
alvin
leander
davy
clarion
cerulean
hurley
jonah
lotan
regal
triton
gilligan
cambay
seymore
stathis
archer
anson
lumen
midas
poseidon
wes

@gabyy - Thanks! I like the idea of [name_u]Halo[/name_u] and it’s a lovely sound, but too tied to the video game in my family.

@Alaina27 - That’s okay! It’s true I was looking specifically for masc names, but I’m loving a lot of your femme suggestions. [name_f]My[/name_f] list of femme names has been a mess since we named my daughter, but I had some really strong masc options that we took to the hospital just in case. Most of them were only partial combos though, so I made each one the seed for a different aesthetic so I could collect more names to round out those combos with. I will eventually do the same thing for my favorite femme names, so I’m tucking away all the suggestions you’re giving me for later!
I’m liking [name_f]Coraline[/name_f], [name_m]Typhoon[/name_m], [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f], [name_u]Ariel[/name_u], [name_f]Eldoris[/name_f], Lyria, [name_f]Wisteria[/name_f] (one of my long-time favorites!), [name_f]Isadora[/name_f], and [name_f]Nerissa[/name_f] from the femme list, and [name_u]Skipper[/name_u], [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], [name_m]Leander[/name_m], [name_f]Clarion[/name_f], [name_u]Cerulean[/name_u], [name_m]Triton[/name_m], [name_u]Archer[/name_u], [name_u]Lumen[/name_u], and [name_m]Poseidon[/name_m] from the masc list. Thank you again for all your wonderful suggestions! It’s been a delight to read through them all.

1 Like

Atlantis, Aquarius, Tiberius, Pacific, Galileo & Ocean are my favs for this aesthetic!

some other names:
Oceanus
Tristan
Cristobal
Thames
Thaddeus
Nehemiah
Nemesio
Delmar (means “of the sea” in spanish)
Dennis
Marvin
Merlin
Melvin
Marino
Irving
Poseidon
Solomon
Salomon
Rafferty
Raphael
River? i think it may work better for another aesthetic tho
Delta
Lake
Kai
Malakai
Nikolai
Dimitri

These are all from my master list and to me, they fit this vibe :slight_smile:
[name_m]Ilias[/name_m]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_u]Cirrus[/name_u]
[name_u]Koa[/name_u]
[name_m]Nilo[/name_m]
[name_u]Rhian[/name_u]
[name_m]Tripp[/name_m]
[name_m]Apollos[/name_m]
[name_m]Caradoc[/name_m]
[name_m]Crispin[/name_m]
[name_m]Cyprian[/name_m]
[name_m]Moab[/name_m]
[name_u]Neptune[/name_u]
[name_m]Thane[/name_m]

@vida - I love that you went back through some of my previous aesthetics! Lots of gems here. I’m loving [name_u]Atlantis[/name_u], [name_m]Aquarius[/name_m], [name_m]Galileo[/name_m], [name_u]Ocean[/name_u], [name_u]Thames[/name_u], [name_m]Nemesio[/name_m], [name_m]Poseidon[/name_m], [name_u]Kai[/name_u], and [name_m]Malachi[/name_m]. I also love [name_m]Tiberius[/name_m], [name_u]Tristan[/name_u], and [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] - each of these was a seed name for one of my future aesthetics!

@AdroitArtemis - [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] was the inspiration for this aesthetic, so you nailed that! I’m also loving [name_m]Ilias[/name_m], [name_u]Cirrus[/name_u], [name_m]Apollos[/name_m], [name_m]Caradoc[/name_m], [name_m]Crispin[/name_m], [name_m]Cyprian[/name_m], [name_u]Neptune[/name_u], and [name_m]Thane[/name_m].

Thank you both for the lovely suggestions!

2 Likes

of course! gonna go through all of them later! so expect more notifications from me hahah
im glad you liked them🥰

1 Like

[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m]
[name_u]Edris[/name_u]
[name_m]Thorin[/name_m]
[name_m]Cedric[/name_m]
[name_m]Angus[/name_m]
[name_m]Emrys[/name_m]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_u]Lennox[/name_u]
Oaken
[name_u]Zephyr[/name_u]