Names for a Stormborn Stoic {moodboard}

Time for another LavenderWitch aesthetic!

Recap

I’ve been really struggling to get my name lists in order following the birth of my first actual tiny human. (For some reason, now that she’s been named, it feels like all my lists of combos and ideas for potential future siblings are just in shambles. )

I’ve been so inspired by all the name aesthetics and moodboards y’all have been posting lately, so I decided to start collecting names into categories based on the aesthetics I’m going for! So far, I’ve done seven masc aesthetics, and my goal is ten masc and ten femme. We’re a third of the way there!

I’m calling this one Stormborn Stoic. Names in this category are solitary pilgrims, salty old sea dogs, Viking explorers, brooding exiles, lighthouse keepers, warrior monks. Colors and textures are mist white, thunder grey, steel blue and coal black; wrathful sea and rugged stone; salt and cold iron; low looming clouds swollen with rain; storm-tossed waves crashing against sheer cliffs; black sand beaches wreathed with fog; thunderheads building over still water; the calm before the storm.

Moodboard

I love how this one turned out, although it took forever to pick a name that sounded moody without being emo, haha!

So, what would you name a Stormborn Stoic? (I’ll be updating the list here as we go.)

Previous Aesthetics
1 Like

[name_m]Leif[/name_m]
[name_m]Erik[/name_m]
[name_u]Rune[/name_u]
[name_m]Thor[/name_m]
[name_m]Odin[/name_m]
[name_u]Loki[/name_u]
[name_u]Navy[/name_u]
[name_m]Anchor[/name_m]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Crew[/name_m]
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_m]Fisher[/name_m]
[name_m]Lewis[/name_m]
[name_m]Clark[/name_m]
[name_u]Blue[/name_u]
[name_u]Harbor[/name_u]
[name_m]Jacques[/name_m]
[name_u]Ocean[/name_u]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_u]Wilder[/name_u]
[name_m]Warren[/name_m]
[name_m]Giles[/name_m]

1 Like

Gorgeous moodboard!!

Prosper/Prospero
[name_m]Lazarus[/name_m]
[name_m]Bastian[/name_m]
[name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_m]Cosmo[/name_m]
[name_m]Cillian[/name_m]
[name_u]Everest[/name_u]
[name_m]Ragnar[/name_m]
[name_u]Marinell[/name_u]

2 Likes

Abraxis
[name_m]Abraham[/name_m]
[name_u]Amos[/name_u]
[name_m]Bernard[/name_m]
[name_m]Barnabas[/name_m]
[name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m]
[name_m]Barthelemy[/name_m]
[name_u]Callahan[/name_u]
[name_u]Carlisle[/name_u]
[name_m]Carl[/name_m]
Dartanian
[name_u]Douglas[/name_u]
[name_m]Dougal[/name_m]
[name_u]Dexter[/name_u]
[name_m]Eric[/name_m]
[name_m]Erik[/name_m]
[name_m]Erikson[/name_m]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_m]Fergus[/name_m]
Fennir
[name_m]Gulliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Hadrian[/name_m]
[name_m]Hades[/name_m]
[name_m]Hamish[/name_m]
[name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]
[name_m]Heath[/name_m]
[name_m]Ivar[/name_m]
[name_m]Ivan[/name_m]
Ivarson
[name_u]Jericho[/name_u]
[name_u]Jameson[/name_u]
[name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Kristopher[/name_m]
[name_m]Kenneth[/name_m]
Llyle
[name_m]Lazarus[/name_m]
[name_m]Laszlo[/name_m]
[name_m]Leonid[/name_m]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
[name_m]Mortimer[/name_m]
[name_m]Monty[/name_m]
[name_u]Padget[/name_u]
[name_m]Randall[/name_m]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_u]Sylvester[/name_u]
[name_m]Thor[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u]
[name_m]Ulysses[/name_m]
[name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_m]Xavier[/name_m]

2 Likes

[name_u]Artemis[/name_u] [name_u]Rune[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_u]Gale[/name_u] / [name_u]Hale[/name_u] / [name_u]Vale[/name_u]
[name_m]Gage[/name_m]
[name_u]Rome[/name_u]
[name_m]Lorcan[/name_m]
[name_m]Locke[/name_m]
[name_u]Koa[/name_u]
[name_m]Macarius[/name_m] / [name_m]Macario[/name_m]
[name_u]Ravello[/name_u]
[name_m]Knox[/name_m]
[name_u]Konstantin[/name_u]
[name_m]Marino[/name_m] / [name_m]Marinus[/name_m] / [name_m]Marius[/name_m]
[name_m]Alaric[/name_m]
[name_m]Crusoe[/name_m]
Alastor
[name_u]Romany[/name_u]
[name_m]Astraeus[/name_m]
[name_u]Claiborne[/name_u]
[name_m]Saturnino[/name_m]
Chrysostom
[name_u]Aletris[/name_u]
[name_m]Quillon[/name_m]
Acanthus
[name_m]Cadogan[/name_m]
[name_m]Ossian[/name_m]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]
[name_u]Clancy[/name_u]
[name_m]Galileo[/name_m]
[name_u]Thoreau[/name_u]
Alphonze / Alphonzo / [name_m]Alonzo[/name_m]
[name_m]Zebulon[/name_m] / [name_m]Sebulon[/name_m]
[name_m]Sven[/name_m]

1 Like

@Sophie_sawriter - Ooh, [name_u]Rune[/name_u] is perfect! I’m also loving [name_m]Thor[/name_m], [name_m]Odin[/name_m], [name_u]Loki[/name_u], [name_m]Anchor[/name_m], [name_u]Finn[/name_u], [name_u]Harbor[/name_u], and [name_u]Ocean[/name_u]. [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] is my favorite from this list, but I love it for a different aesthetic.

@Greyblue - Thanks! I love that you always comment on them! [name_m]Prospero[/name_m] is fantastic, really captures the moody vibes. I’m also loving [name_m]Bastian[/name_m], [name_u]Winter[/name_u], [name_u]Everest[/name_u], and [name_u]Marinell[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is [name_m]Ragnar[/name_m] though! It nails every single aspect of the aesthetic. Gorgeous.

@anon25197097 - I love that you always have such long lists for me! I’m loving [name_u]Carlisle[/name_u], Dartanian, [name_m]Fenrir[/name_m], [name_m]Gideon[/name_m], [name_m]Hadrian[/name_m], [name_m]Heath[/name_m], [name_m]Ivar[/name_m], [name_u]Jericho[/name_u], [name_m]Magnus[/name_m], [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m], [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], [name_m]Thor[/name_m], and [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m]. I’m also liking [name_m]Abraxas[/name_m], [name_m]Abraham[/name_m], [name_u]Amos[/name_u], [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m], [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m], [name_m]Erik[/name_m], [name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u], and [name_m]Victor[/name_m], and I love [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_u]Sylvester[/name_u], [name_m]Leonid[/name_m], [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m], and [name_u]Callahan[/name_u] for other aesthetics.

@LeafTree - I’m loving [name_u]Rune[/name_u], and I could also see [name_m]Artemus[/name_m] for this.

@Oblivious_octopus - So many goodies here! I’m loving [name_u]Gale[/name_u], [name_u]Rome[/name_u], [name_m]Lorcan[/name_m], [name_m]Locke[/name_m], [name_u]Konstantin[/name_u], [name_m]Marinus[/name_m], [name_m]Alaric[/name_m], [name_m]Crusoe[/name_m], Alastor, [name_m]Cadogan[/name_m], [name_m]Ossian[/name_m], [name_m]Alonzo[/name_m], and [name_m]Sebulon[/name_m]. I also love [name_m]Galileo[/name_m], [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], [name_u]Thoreau[/name_u], [name_m]Astraeus[/name_m], and Acanthus for different aesthetics.

Thank you all so much for the inspiring suggestions! I’m off to update the list. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

I love the ideas of [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m], [name_u]Gale[/name_u], [name_m]Thor[/name_m], [name_u]Everest[/name_u] and [name_u]Rune[/name_u]!
Alpen
Amund
Boreas
Brontes
[name_m]Eero[/name_m]
[name_m]Ender[/name_m]
[name_m]Frey[/name_m]
[name_m]Gaius[/name_m]
[name_m]Gunter[/name_m] | [name_m]Gunther[/name_m]
[name_u]Haze[/name_u]
[name_m]Ismo[/name_m]
[name_m]Keir[/name_m]
[name_f]Leire[/name_f]
[name_m]Meriwether[/name_m]
[name_m]Olympus[/name_m]
[name_m]Rainier[/name_m]
Runi
[name_u]Sinai[/name_u]
[name_u]Taran[/name_u]
[name_m]Torin[/name_m]
[name_m]Tristram[/name_m]

1 Like

Sorry for any repeats!

[name_u]Riven[/name_u]
[name_m]Wulfric[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Finnick[/name_m]
[name_m]Fenway[/name_m]
Frewin
Falion
Riften
Aventus

1 Like

Maelstrom
Ruzgar
Valdrin
Rispin
Arkhip
[name_m]Muir[/name_m]
Varen
[name_m]Tywyn[/name_m]

1 Like

@columbiacharm - Thank you! [name_u]Rune[/name_u] is definitely towards the top of the list. From your suggestions, I’m loving Boreas, [name_m]Frey[/name_m], [name_m]Meriwether[/name_m], [name_m]Olympus[/name_m], [name_m]Rainier[/name_m], [name_m]Torin[/name_m], and [name_m]Tristram[/name_m].

@rhodes2nowhere - I don’t mind repeats! I just count them as second votes, haha. From your suggestions, I’m loving [name_u]Riven[/name_u] (swoon!!), [name_m]Wulfric[/name_m] (so perfect for this vibe), [name_m]Gideon[/name_m], [name_m]Fenway[/name_m], and Aventus.

@moonkai - Ooh, Malestrom!! :heart_eyes: I’m also loving [name_m]Muir[/name_m], Varen, and [name_m]Tywyn[/name_m].

I just want to say I absolutely love this aesthetic description, absolutely blew me away. I have a hard time pairing names with aesthetics, but a few that came to my mind looking at this:

[name_u]Orion[/name_u]
[name_m]Anders[/name_m]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_m]Eamon[/name_m]
[name_u]Arthur[/name_u]
[name_m]Mordecai[/name_m]

1 Like

@findemaxa13 - Thank you so much!! That is music to my ears! :heart_eyes: I’m adding [name_m]Anders[/name_m] and [name_m]Mordecai[/name_m] to the list.

im repeating a few from the northern aesthetic that i think can go for both!
Fjord
Knox
Beowulf
Koda
Ocean
Sabbath
Ragnar
Ivar
Bjorn
Aslan
Kurt
Ajax
Ayax
Zeus
Wolf
Wolfe
Wulfric
Sigurd
Sven
Ragnar
Mikkel
Magnus
Mack
Makaiden
Maximus
Maximo
Fritjof
Ralph
Rufus
Ivar
Zander
Xander
Thorn
Scipio
Styx

1 Like

I don’t have a long list but I’d like to offer up

[name_m]Seager[/name_m] (this one especially!!)
[name_m]Malachite[/name_m]
[name_m]Havelock[/name_m]
[name_m]Morrow[/name_m]

1 Like

@vida - This one did end up being very similar to the Northern Wayfarer aesthetic, so it makes sense that there’d be some overlap!
From this list, I’m loving [name_u]Fjord[/name_u], [name_m]Beowulf[/name_m], [name_u]Ocean[/name_u], [name_m]Ragnar[/name_m], [name_m]Ivar[/name_m], [name_m]Bjorn[/name_m], [name_m]Aslan[/name_m] (oooh!), [name_m]Ajax[/name_m], [name_m]Wulfric[/name_m], [name_m]Magnus[/name_m], [name_m]Thorn[/name_m], [name_m]Scipio[/name_m], and [name_f]Styx[/name_f].

@Quentin99 - [name_m]Seager[/name_m], [name_m]Havelock[/name_m], and [name_m]Morrow[/name_m] are all fantastic! I think [name_m]Malachite[/name_m] is too rich of a green for this aesthetic, but [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] would fit right in.

Thank you both for the great suggestions!

1 Like