Names for an Arcane Scholar {moodboard}

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Berries. I’ve been bitten by the aesthetic bug!

I’ve been really struggling to get my name lists in order following the birth of my first actual tiny human. (For some reason, now that she’s been named, it feels like all my lists of combos and ideas for potential future siblings are just in shambles.)

I’ve been really inspired by all the name aesthetics and moodboards y’all have been posting lately, so I decided to start collecting names into categories based on the aesthetics I’m going for!

I’m calling this one Arcane [name_m]Scholar[/name_m]. Names in this category are wizards and sorcerers, magicians and alchemists, mysterious hermits and magical librarians. Colors and textures are plum and copper, lavender and gold, smoke and incense, ink and parchment, candles and chemistry sets, apothecary jars and potion bottles, astrological charts and alchemical symbols, numerology and sacred geometry, tarot cards and runic scripts, and piles upon piles of books: spellbooks and grimoires and scrolls of all kinds.

Moodboard

The trouble I’m running into with this aesthetic is that it’s out of pattern - all my other aesthetics are at least partially nature-based, but I can’t come up with any names for this aesthetic that are also nature names. So bonus points if you can think of any nature names that would also go with this vibe!

So, what names would you give to an Arcane [name_m]Scholar[/name_m]? (I’ll share the names here.)

Other Aesthetics:

1 Like

[name_m]Melchior[/name_m]
[name_m]Faramond[/name_m]
[name_m]Gaspard[/name_m]
[name_m]Ramses[/name_m]
[name_m]Helier[/name_m]
[name_m]Darius[/name_m]
[name_m]Acacius[/name_m]
[name_m]Tamerlane[/name_m]
[name_m]Hesperus[/name_m]

[name_m]Skandar[/name_m]
Lysandre
[name_f]Anatola[/name_f]
[name_f]Isaura[/name_f]
For nature:
[name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]
[name_f]Saffron[/name_f]
[name_u]Larkspur[/name_u] (This seems to fit everywhere today!)
[name_f]Embelia[/name_f]

Ooh, this ones beautiful!

Im thinking [name_u]Rune[/name_u] could possibly fit here as well, but lets see…
[name_m]Dimitri[/name_m]
[name_m]Torquil[/name_m]
[name_m]Anastasios[/name_m]
[name_m]Septimus[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicodemus[/name_m]
[name_m]Peregrin[/name_m]
[name_u]Quill[/name_u]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
[name_m]Stefán[/name_m]
Sihir
[name_m]Kane[/name_m]
Laurentum
[name_m]Valerian[/name_m]
[name_m]Darius[/name_m]
[name_m]Vicus[/name_m]
[name_m]Lizar[/name_m]
[name_m]Tallis[/name_m] (or [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] maybe?)
Maybe Fir or [name_m]Vine[/name_m] might fit for nature names?

I feel like I would have liked a few more softer names, but I cant think if any at the moment :sweat_smile:

@columbiacharm - I’m loving [name_m]Melchior[/name_m] and [name_m]Tamerlane[/name_m] here!! Also a fan of [name_m]Faramond[/name_m], [name_m]Ramses[/name_m], [name_m]Darius[/name_m], and [name_m]Hesperus[/name_m].

@francietercis - [name_m]Skandar[/name_m] and [name_m]Lysander[/name_m] are lovely! I can see [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m], and maybe [name_u]Larkspur[/name_u] as well. I appreciate the nature suggestions!

@gracegillian - I’m so glad you like it! This was the hardest one. I just couldn’t seem to get the colors right! Ooh, [name_u]Rune[/name_u] is perfect here! I’m also loving [name_m]Anastasios[/name_m], [name_m]Nicodemus[/name_m] (swoon!!), [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u], [name_u]Quill[/name_u], [name_m]Magnus[/name_m], [name_m]Kane[/name_m], [name_m]Valerian[/name_m], and [name_m]Darius[/name_m]. I like Fir and [name_m]Vine[/name_m], but I think I prefer them for Gentle Druid. You have so many good ones here though!

1 Like

[name_u]Raven[/name_u]
[name_m]Nestor[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Osiris[/name_m]

1 Like

@Greyblue - Ohh, THIS is the one I had in mind for [name_m]Osiris[/name_m]! Thank you for reminding me! I’m also liking [name_m]Nestor[/name_m] and [name_u]Raven[/name_u], though the latter is kind of the [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] of the pagan community.

1 Like