Names for an Arcane Scholar {moodboard}

Hi Berries. I’ve been bitten by the aesthetic bug!

I’ve been really struggling to get my name lists in order following the birth of my first actual tiny human. (For some reason, now that she’s been named, it feels like all my lists of combos and ideas for potential future siblings are just in shambles.)

I’ve been really inspired by all the name aesthetics and moodboards y’all have been posting lately, so I decided to start collecting names into categories based on the aesthetics I’m going for!

I’m calling this one Arcane Scholar. Names in this category are wizards and sorcerers, magicians and alchemists, mysterious hermits and magical librarians. Colors and textures are plum and copper, lavender and gold, smoke and incense, ink and parchment, candles and chemistry sets, apothecary jars and potion bottles, astrological charts and alchemical symbols, numerology and sacred geometry, tarot cards and runic scripts, and piles upon piles of books: spellbooks and grimoires and scrolls of all kinds.

Moodboard

The trouble I’m running into with this aesthetic is that it’s out of pattern - all my other aesthetics are at least partially nature-based, but I can’t come up with any names for this aesthetic that are also nature names. So bonus points if you can think of any nature names that would also go with this vibe!

So, what names would you give to an Arcane Scholar? (I’ll share the names here.)

Other Aesthetics:

2 Likes

[name_m]Melchior[/name_m]
[name_m]Faramond[/name_m]
[name_m]Gaspard[/name_m]
[name_m]Ramses[/name_m]
[name_m]Helier[/name_m]
[name_m]Darius[/name_m]
[name_m]Acacius[/name_m]
[name_m]Tamerlane[/name_m]
[name_m]Hesperus[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_m]Skandar[/name_m]
Lysandre
[name_f]Anatola[/name_f]
[name_f]Isaura[/name_f]
For nature:
[name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]
[name_f]Saffron[/name_f]
[name_u]Larkspur[/name_u] (This seems to fit everywhere today!)
[name_f]Embelia[/name_f]

Ooh, this ones beautiful!

Im thinking [name_u]Rune[/name_u] could possibly fit here as well, but lets see…
[name_m]Dimitri[/name_m]
[name_m]Torquil[/name_m]
[name_m]Anastasios[/name_m]
[name_m]Septimus[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicodemus[/name_m]
[name_m]Peregrin[/name_m]
[name_u]Quill[/name_u]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
[name_m]Stefán[/name_m]
Sihir
[name_m]Kane[/name_m]
Laurentum
[name_m]Valerian[/name_m]
[name_m]Darius[/name_m]
[name_m]Vicus[/name_m]
[name_m]Lizar[/name_m]
[name_m]Tallis[/name_m] (or [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] maybe?)
Maybe Fir or [name_m]Vine[/name_m] might fit for nature names?

I feel like I would have liked a few more softer names, but I cant think if any at the moment :sweat_smile:

@columbiacharm - I’m loving [name_m]Melchior[/name_m] and [name_m]Tamerlane[/name_m] here!! Also a fan of [name_m]Faramond[/name_m], [name_m]Ramses[/name_m], [name_m]Darius[/name_m], and [name_m]Hesperus[/name_m].

@francietercis - [name_m]Skandar[/name_m] and [name_m]Lysander[/name_m] are lovely! I can see [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m], and maybe [name_u]Larkspur[/name_u] as well. I appreciate the nature suggestions!

@gracegillian - I’m so glad you like it! This was the hardest one. I just couldn’t seem to get the colors right! Ooh, [name_u]Rune[/name_u] is perfect here! I’m also loving [name_m]Anastasios[/name_m], [name_m]Nicodemus[/name_m] (swoon!!), [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u], [name_u]Quill[/name_u], [name_m]Magnus[/name_m], [name_m]Kane[/name_m], [name_m]Valerian[/name_m], and [name_m]Darius[/name_m]. I like Fir and [name_m]Vine[/name_m], but I think I prefer them for Gentle Druid. You have so many good ones here though!

2 Likes

[name_u]Raven[/name_u]
[name_m]Nestor[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Osiris[/name_m]

1 Like

@Greyblue - Ohh, THIS is the one I had in mind for [name_m]Osiris[/name_m]! Thank you for reminding me! I’m also liking [name_m]Nestor[/name_m] and [name_u]Raven[/name_u], though the latter is kind of the [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] of the pagan community.

1 Like

[name_m]Erazmus[/name_m]
[name_m]Laszlo[/name_m]
[name_m]Eben[/name_m] (Ebenezer or Ebenhard)
[name_m]Audrick[/name_m]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_f]Cendrillon[/name_f]
[name_m]Cephus[/name_m]
[name_m]Osiris[/name_m]
[name_m]Basilio[/name_m] / [name_m]Basilius[/name_m]
[name_m]Yeranos[/name_m]
[name_m]Corentino[/name_m]
[name_m]Galieno[/name_m]
[name_m]Halvard[/name_m]
[name_m]Laurus[/name_m] / [name_m]Lauro[/name_m]
[name_m]Lothario[/name_m]

@janeybaby - So many fantastic suggestions! I’m loving [name_m]Erasmus[/name_m] (partial to this spelling because of the band), [name_m]Audrick[/name_m], [name_m]Evander[/name_m], [name_f]Cendrillon[/name_f], [name_m]Osiris[/name_m] (swoon), [name_m]Basilio[/name_m], [name_m]Yeranos[/name_m] (this one was new to me!), and [name_m]Corentin[/name_m] (prefer without the o). I’m also liking [name_m]Galieno[/name_m] (love the meaning!) and [name_m]Lothario[/name_m].

1 Like

this is right up my alley, aesthetic wise!!

suggestions: :crescent_moon:

female: :star:
andromeda
astrix
circe
lenore
mirren
phoenix
sybil
wilhelmina
allegra
asterope
belladonna
hecate
ondine
bavmorda
evanora
glinda
locasta
alizon
araminta
arcadia
calypso
cassiopiea
elulalie
kerensa
noelani
seawillow

male: :star2:
aelfdene
bayard
borak
caspian
draco
jiminy
lucius
magus
oberon
remus
romulus
zephyr
atlantes
eliphas
gwydion
ommin
pallando
rincewind

1 Like

@Alaina27 - I’m so glad you like it! This was the hardest one yet. I must have redone it like five or six times.

Once again you have some awesome lists! From the femme names, I’m loving [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f], [name_f]Circe[/name_f] (this one was in the top ten for my daughter and has her own aesthetic in the works!), [name_f]Lenore[/name_f], [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f], [name_f]Belladonna[/name_f] (another one I considered for my daughter), [name_f]Hecate[/name_f], [name_f]Ondine[/name_f], Evanora, [name_f]Araminta[/name_f], [name_f]Arcadia[/name_f], Cassiopiea, [name_f]Eulalie[/name_f], [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f], [name_f]Noelani[/name_f], and Seawillow (swoooon! I’ve loved this name ever since I saw it on the Bewitching Names blog!)

From the masc names, I’m loving Aelfdene, [name_m]Bayard[/name_m], [name_m]Draco[/name_m], [name_m]Lucius[/name_m], [name_m]Magnus[/name_m], [name_u]Oberon[/name_u], [name_m]Romulus[/name_m], [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u], Eliphas, and [name_m]Gwydion[/name_m]. [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] is also one of my all-time favorites and has his own aesthetic (the [name_f]Starlight[/name_f] [name_u]Sailor[/name_u]). I want to love Rincewind but something just isn’t clicking.

Thank you so much for the suggestions! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

omg this!!! this is the aesthetic i’ve been looking for! love it

(haven’t checked the list yet so sorry if there’s any that you already have)

my faves:

Indigo :crystal_ball: (my fav name for a boy :weary: and this is my fav aesthetic! i think it fits perfectly)
Pendragon (i love it! totally has magician and spiritual vibes; means “head of the dragon”)
Percival (okay 100% fits better in this aesthetic, i could totally see this name on a magician lol)
Cosmo (i mean - doesn’t really need an explanation)
Astrophel (means “lover of stars”, super underrated name)
Viridian (it’s a dark green color, many spiritual vibes, also really underrated)
Taliesin (totally has magician vibes)
Zephyr (i think it actually goes better in this aesthetic bc has a lot of magic and spiritual vibes for me)

some other suggestions:
Atlas (omg i know it’s in the other aesthetic but i love it for this one as well!)
Zen
Vesper
Gaspard
Balthasar
Shiloh
Bodhi
Nirvana
Osiris nn Ozzy
Odin
Onyx
Zhyree
Dylamo
Light
Veda
Vashit
Isaiah
Jupiter
Salem
Evren
Genesis
Galileo
Zenith
Cosmin

for a girl i love Urania, Pandora, Alma (means soul in spanish), Sapphire & Aurora
also Satya, Karma, Arcadia, Moon, Prairie, Eartha, Eureka, Galaxy & Destiny

@vida - I’m so glad you like it! Don’t worry about repeats - I always count them as extra votes :slight_smile:
I’m loving [name_m]Pendragon[/name_m], [name_m]Percival[/name_m], [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m], [name_m]Astrophel[/name_m], [name_u]Viridian[/name_u], [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u], [name_u]Vesper[/name_u], [name_m]Gaspard[/name_m], [name_m]Balthasar[/name_m], [name_m]Osiris[/name_m], Dylamo, Vashit, [name_u]Salem[/name_u], [name_u]Evren[/name_u], and [name_m]Galileo[/name_m]. [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] is one of my favorite names and one of the inspirations for the Druid aesthetic. I also super love [name_f]Pandora[/name_f]!

1 Like

i love it! love how you describe them and the moodboards are awesome
those are also my faves! love them :heart:
and so glad you like [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u], such an underrated name and i don’t seem to find many people that like it

1 Like