Names for a Samhain Spirit {moodboard}

HI Berries. I’ve been bitten by the aesthetic bug!

Recap

I’ve been really struggling to get my name lists in order following the birth of my first actual tiny human. (For some reason, now that she’s been named, it feels like all my lists of combos and ideas for potential future siblings are just in shambles. )

I’ve been really inspired by all the name aesthetics and moodboards y’all have been posting lately, so I decided to start collecting names into categories based on the aesthetics I’m going for!

I’m calling this one Samhain Spirit. Names in this category are warm, witchy, and deeply autumnal, with a hint of spookiness about them. Colors and textures are reds and yellows, umber and gold, orange and black; bonfire and shadow, charcoal and smoke, a kaleidoscope of fallen leaves collecting on crumbling gravestones, pumpkins and seed corn, straw spun into gold, an unkindness of ravens clustered in naked branches, a black wolf howling to a golden autumn moon.

Moodboard

I’m really feeling the “au” names for this one - Autumn, Auberon, Austen, etc.

This is my favorite aesthetic so far, so I’m excited to see what you come up with! (I’ll post the list of names here.)

Previous Aesthetics:

2 Likes

Congrats on your new arrival! I love Baelfire and [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] from your list.

How about:

[name_m]Aurelien[/name_m]
[name_m]Caledon[/name_m]
[name_u]Peregrine[/name_u]
[name_m]Endymion[/name_m]
[name_m]Emrys[/name_m]
[name_u]Halcyon[/name_u]
[name_m]Calix[/name_m]

1 Like

Your aesthetics are gorgeous :heart_eyes:

I’d suggest

[name_m]Branwell[/name_m]
[name_u]Blaise[/name_u]
[name_m]Galahad[/name_m]
[name_u]Briar[/name_u]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_m]Ignatius[/name_m]
[name_m]Kenneth[/name_m]
[name_m]Conleth[/name_m]
[name_m]Caradoc[/name_m]

I feel like I’m reaching for the right name but can’t quite find it so i apologise if these arent quite the right vibe

2 Likes

@emarias22 - Thank you so much! She’s the light of my life, to be honest.
I’m crushing hard on both Baelfire and [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] right now! Thank you for the suggestions. I’m loving Aurelian!! These aesthetics are very tied to my synesthesia, and the “au” names all have these warm fall colors to me. I’m also liking [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u], [name_m]Caledon[/name_m], and [name_m]Calix[/name_m]. [name_m]Endymion[/name_m], [name_m]Emrys[/name_m], and [name_u]Halcyon[/name_u] are all beautiful, though I prefer them for other aesthetics (Endymion for [name_u]Dreamer[/name_u], [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] for Druid, and [name_u]Halcyon[/name_u] for [name_u]Sailor[/name_u]).

@Greyblue - Thank you so much!! For some reason I always have anxiety about posting them, so I’m happy that you are enjoying them :slight_smile:
I think you did just fine with the vibe! I’m loving [name_m]Bramwell[/name_m], [name_u]Briar[/name_u], and [name_u]Arden[/name_u], and I’m also liking [name_u]Blaise[/name_u], [name_m]Caradoc[/name_m] and [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] - normally [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] and [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] are not my style at all, but they totally work with this aesthetic.

2 Likes

[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]
[name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_m]Rhodes[/name_m]
[name_m]Rockwell[/name_m]
[name_m]Desmond[/name_m]

1 Like

@alom - Thank you for the suggestions! I’m liking [name_m]Ronan[/name_m], [name_m]Victor[/name_m], and [name_m]Desmond[/name_m].

this is such a cool vibey aesthetic!!!

here’s some suggestions: :maple_leaf:

female:
eliza
harriet or hattie
opal
luna
ophelia
eloise
freya
mabel
harlow
scarlett
juno
tallulah
arden
arya
scout
magnolia
zora
anais
marlowe
mercury
acacia
marley
eulalia
keziah
aida
hyacinth
portia
ambrosia
bronte
jemima
aviva or aziza
ellington
nixie
odetta
salome
zephyrine
vita

male:
amias
edmund
milo
atticus
felix
wilder
maverick
cosmo
onyx
axel
ace
bear
broderick
zeke
neo
fox
calix
balthazar
huxley
barnaby
inigo
remington
viggo
leopold
gunner
jethro
zen
odysseus
baldwin
bridger
rogue
dagger
thelonius
wylie
zebedee
zeppelin
zevon

i thought these names had the perfect attitude for this!! hope these work!

@Alaina27 - Oh wow! Thank you so much for these lists of ideas!

From the femme names, I’m loving [name_f]Opal[/name_f], [name_f]Luna[/name_f] (one of my daughter’s middle names is Lunaria!), [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] (been near the top of my femme list for ages), [name_f]Freya[/name_f], [name_u]Arden[/name_u], [name_u]Scout[/name_u], [name_f]Anais[/name_f], [name_f]Acacia[/name_f], [name_f]Eulalia[/name_f], [name_u]Hyacinth[/name_u], [name_f]Portia[/name_f] (though this one is GP for me due to the car brand), [name_f]Ambrosia[/name_f] (though I prefer Ambrose), [name_f]Bronte[/name_f], [name_f]Odette[/name_f], [name_f]Salome[/name_f] (SWOON), and [name_f]Zephyrine[/name_f].

From the masc list, I’m loving [name_m]Amias[/name_m] (the meaning is beautiful), [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] (so handsome!), [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], [name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_u]Wilder[/name_u], [name_u]Onyx[/name_u], [name_u]Fox[/name_u], [name_m]Calix[/name_m], [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] (swoon! This was one of the seed names for this aesthetic!), [name_m]Leopold[/name_m], [name_u]Zen[/name_u], and [name_m]Thelonius[/name_m]. I like [name_u]Rogue[/name_u], [name_m]Dagger[/name_m], and [name_u]Zeppelin[/name_u] as well, but think they’re GP for me.

I like the AU for this too…

Sorry for any repeats.

[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_u]Amos[/name_u]
Andover
[name_u]Beacon[/name_u]
[name_u]Blaise[/name_u]
Bracken
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
Belleville
[name_u]Carlisle[/name_u]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]
[name_u]Damaris[/name_u]
[name_u]Devon[/name_u]
[name_m]Ender[/name_m]
[name_u]Ember[/name_u]
Elios
[name_m]Fraser[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Gulliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Horace[/name_m]
[name_m]Hadrian[/name_m]
[name_m]Icarus[/name_m]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_m]Jacoby[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_m]Lafayette[/name_m]
Mercia
Nostradamus
[name_u]Puck[/name_u]
Salem!!
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
Vickers

1 Like

def [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_m]Alvin[/name_m] & [name_m]Aurelio[/name_m] or [name_m]Aurelius[/name_m] for this one

also love:
[name_u]Fox[/name_u]
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_u]Beau[/name_u]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
[name_m]Lancelot[/name_m]
[name_m]Laszlo[/name_m]
[name_u]Leaf[/name_u]
[name_u]Ashton[/name_u]
[name_m]Ashford[/name_m]
[name_u]Canyon[/name_u]
[name_u]Fionn[/name_u]
[name_m]Fausto[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_u]Fenix[/name_u]
[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]
[name_m]Phineas[/name_m]
[name_m]Pascal[/name_m]
[name_m]Pascual[/name_m]
[name_m]Isidore[/name_m]

1 Like

@anon25197097 - I’m sorry for the delayed response! Somehow I missed this one. I’m loving so many of these! I feel like you really nailed that crackling warmth I was looking for.
I’m feeling [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_u]Amos[/name_u] (normally I dislike this name because of the hunter from [name_u]Fox[/name_u] and the Hound, but my synesthesia loves the feel of it for this aesthetic), [name_u]Beacon[/name_u], [name_u]Blaise[/name_u], Bracken, [name_u]Carlisle[/name_u], [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m], [name_u]Ember[/name_u], [name_m]Gideon[/name_m], [name_m]Icarus[/name_m], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], [name_m]Lucian[/name_m], [name_m]Lafayette[/name_m], Nostradamus, [name_u]Puck[/name_u], [name_u]Salem[/name_u] (swoon!), [name_m]Silas[/name_m], [name_m]Tobias[/name_m], and Vickers.

@vida - I agree with you on the A names! I’m loving [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_m]Aurelio[/name_m], [name_m]Aurelius[/name_m], [name_u]Fox[/name_u], [name_u]Ashton[/name_u], [name_m]Faust[/name_m], and [name_m]Phineas[/name_m]. [name_m]Isidore[/name_m] is on the shortlist for the Northern aesthetic!

2 Likes