Names for a Northern Wayfarer {moodboard}

Hi Berries. I’ve been bitten by the aesthetic bug!

Recap

I’ve been really struggling to get my name lists in order following the birth of my first actual tiny human. (For some reason, now that she’s been named, it feels like all my lists of combos and ideas for potential future siblings are just in shambles. )

I’ve been really inspired by all the name aesthetics and moodboards y’all have been posting lately, so I decided to start collecting names into categories based on the aesthetics I’m going for! So far, I’ve done six masc aesthetics, and my goal is ten masc and ten femme. We’re over a quarter of the way there!

I’m calling this one Northern Wayfarer. Names in this category are arctic explorers, pioneers of the frozen tundra, star-gazers, frost giants, climbers of Everest, winter wanderers. Colors and textures include snow white, deep midnight, icy blue, and the shimmering turquoise, seafoam, and violet of the aurora borealis; the crunch of ice-crusted snow under furry boots; the crisp peaks and curving whorls of glaciers glittering under weak northern sunlight; the criss-crossed pattern of a lake frozen into sheets of ice; the hush of snow falling in chunky flakes; the hypnotic dance of the northern lights in the night sky.

Moodboard

I’m really happy with how this one came out, and excited to see your suggestions. So! What would you name a Northern Wayfarer? (I’ll be updating the name list here as we go).

Previous Aesthetics
5 Likes

It’s beautiful!! It’s giving me Frankenstein vibes :slight_smile:

Alaric
Balthasar
Thaddeus
Cornelius
Azarius
Thorfin
Caedmon
Callahan
Romulus
Casimir
Evander
Ulysses
Domino

1 Like

[name_f]Lyra[/name_f],
Aurelio/Aurelian/Aurelius
[name_u]Polaris[/name_u]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u]
[name_m]Hesperus[/name_m] (or Hesperos)
[name_u]Marin[/name_u]
[name_m]Rurik[/name_m]
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
[name_f]Alaska[/name_f]
[name_f]Elska[/name_f]
[name_u]Esca[/name_u]
[name_m]Veren[/name_m]
[name_u]Valor[/name_u]
[name_m]Fennec[/name_m]
[name_m]Arturo[/name_m]
[name_m]Arcturus[/name_m]
[name_f]Pipaluk[/name_f]
[name_m]Odin[/name_m]
[name_f]Ica[/name_f]
[name_m]Icarus[/name_m]
[name_m]Arhambault[/name_m]
[name_f]Hekla[/name_f]
[name_f]Hecate[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_m]Cassius[/name_m]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
Perceus
[name_m]Percival[/name_m]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u]
[name_u]Israel[/name_u]
[name_u]Austin[/name_u]
[name_u]Devin[/name_u]
[name_u]Essex[/name_u]
[name_m]Kent[/name_m]
[name_m]Mitchell[/name_m]
[name_m]Santiago[/name_m]
[name_m]Trent[/name_m]
[name_m]Hermes[/name_m]
[name_m]Apollo[/name_m]
[name_m]Jason[/name_m]
Fennir
[name_m]Fisher[/name_m]
[name_m]Olaf[/name_m]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]

1 Like

Gosh, you make the most beautiful aesthetics!

[name_m]Orson[/name_m]
[name_u]Wynn[/name_u] nicknames [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]
[name_m]Aubin[/name_m]
[name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
Boreas
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Bertrand[/name_m]
[name_m]Emin[/name_m]
[name_m]Ranulph[/name_m]
[name_m]Stig[/name_m]

1 Like

Lovely!!

I think of …

[name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
[name_m]Rolf[/name_m]
[name_m]Endymion[/name_m]
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
Trygve
[name_u]Aurel[/name_u]
[name_m]Aurelian[/name_m]
[name_m]Cornelio[/name_m]
[name_u]Micah[/name_u]
[name_m]Hesperos[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_m]Viggo[/name_m]
[name_m]Oslo[/name_m]
[name_m]Ivar[/name_m]
[name_m]Finnick[/name_m]
[name_u]Frost[/name_u]
[name_m]Ludo[/name_m]
[name_m]Thorin[/name_m]
[name_m]Laszlo[/name_m]
[name_m]Finlo[/name_m]
[name_m]Wulfric[/name_m]
[name_u]Fjord[/name_u]
[name_m]Jonas[/name_m]
[name_u]Ember[/name_u]
[name_u]December[/name_u]

1 Like

@Greyblue - Thank you! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you mean the book…? I confess, I’ve not read it >_> Is it set way in the north?
I’m loving so many of your suggestions this time around! [name_m]Alaric[/name_m], [name_m]Balthasar[/name_m], [name_m]Thorfin[/name_m], [name_m]Caedmon[/name_m], [name_m]Romulus[/name_m], [name_m]Casimir[/name_m], and [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m] are my favorites for this vibe, but I’m also liking [name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u], [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m], [name_u]Callahan[/name_u], and [name_m]Evander[/name_m].

@EdgeOfTheMeadow - I’m loving [name_m]Aurelio[/name_m] / [name_m]Aurelian[/name_m], [name_m]Aurelius[/name_m], [name_u]Polaris[/name_u], [name_u]Vesper[/name_u], [name_m]Rurik[/name_m], [name_m]Veren[/name_m], [name_u]Valor[/name_u], [name_m]Arturo[/name_m], [name_m]Arcturus[/name_m] (swoon!), and [name_m]Odin[/name_m]. [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] and [name_f]Elska[/name_f] are gorgeous femme options.

@Sophie_sawriter - I’m loving [name_m]Cassius[/name_m], [name_m]Perseus[/name_m], [name_m]Apollo[/name_m], [name_m]Fenrir[/name_m], and [name_u]Elias[/name_u]. I think [name_m]Olaf[/name_m] nails the brief, but is too indistinguishable from the Frozen character for me.

@AerieEerie - Thank you so much! It’s rapidly becoming my favorite way of expressing my name style! Ooh, [name_m]Orson[/name_m] is absolutely perfect here! I’m also loving [name_m]Aubin[/name_m] (though I think I prefer variant Alban), Boreas (!!), [name_u]Everett[/name_u], [name_m]Bertrand[/name_m], [name_m]Emin[/name_m], [name_m]Ranulph[/name_m], and [name_m]Stig[/name_m].

@ellerbea - Thank you! I’m loving [name_m]Magnus[/name_m], [name_m]Rolf[/name_m], [name_m]Endymion[/name_m], [name_m]Lysander[/name_m], Trygve, [name_u]Aurel[/name_u], [name_m]Aurelian[/name_m], and [name_m]Cornelio[/name_m] (though I think I prefer Cornelius).

@rhodes2nowhere - Ooh, Frost!! and Fjord!! So beautiful. I’m also liking [name_m]Ivar[/name_m], [name_m]Thorin[/name_m], [name_m]Wulfric[/name_m], and [name_u]Ember[/name_u]. I really want to love [name_m]Viggo[/name_m], but the “war” meaning puts me off every time.

Thank you all so much for these suggestions! Heart eyes for days…

2 Likes

[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Fannar[/name_m]
[name_u]North[/name_u]

I also thought of [name_m]Cabbot[/name_m] and [name_u]Glade[/name_u], though meaning-wise you may prefer them for your other boards.

1 Like

I made a post on my blog of names that fit this aesthetic back in 2016!

Some of the names I featured were:

Orion
Jasper
Fletcher
Anders
Fox
Soren
Benno
Evander
Archer
Gable
Zephyr
Malone

1 Like

Oops sorry, I thought we were in the baby names thread!

1 Like

Yeah! It begins with an arctic explorer:)
I’m glad you like the names!

[name_m]Orson[/name_m]
[name_u]Auberon[/name_u]
[name_m]Viggo[/name_m]
[name_u]Frost[/name_u]
[name_u]Everest[/name_u]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_u]Valor[/name_u]
[name_u]Noble[/name_u]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
[name_u]Orion[/name_u]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_u]Zephyr[/name_u]
[name_u]Peregrine[/name_u]
[name_u]Wilde[/name_u]
[name_m]Summit[/name_m]
Alpine
[name_u]Kodiak[/name_u]
[name_m]Woods[/name_m]
[name_m]Torben[/name_m]
[name_m]Anders[/name_m]
Endeavor
[name_m]Rainier[/name_m]
[name_m]Whistler[/name_m]
[name_m]Fitz[/name_m]
[name_u]Bridger[/name_u]
[name_u]Wilder[/name_u]
[name_u]Fox[/name_u]
[name_u]Wolf[/name_u]
[name_u]Onyx[/name_u]
[name_u]Atlas[/name_u]
[name_u]Thoreau[/name_u]

@eattacosforbreakfast - [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] has been at the top of my list for years, partly because it was the first name T and I agreed on! I’m also loving [name_u]North[/name_u] here. I want to love [name_u]Glade[/name_u], but all I can think of is the cloying artificial fragrances brand. So unfortunate, because it would make a gorgeous name!

@Reynardine - Many of these are very much my style! For this aesthetic, I’m loving [name_u]Orion[/name_u], [name_m]Soren[/name_m], [name_u]Archer[/name_u], and [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u]. I also like [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], [name_u]Fox[/name_u], [name_m]Evander[/name_m], and [name_m]Gable[/name_m] for other aesthetics. And [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m] is growing on me.

@EdgeOfTheMeadow - Totally fine. You’re not the first this has happened to! I need to get better about overtly stating whether I want masc or femme names.

@Greyblue - Is it weird that that makes me want to read it more?? Haha.

@LoneStar - So many lovelies!! :heart_eyes: [name_m]Orson[/name_m], [name_u]Frost[/name_u], [name_u]Everest[/name_u], [name_m]Lucian[/name_m], [name_m]Summit[/name_m], [name_m]Torben[/name_m], [name_m]Rainier[/name_m], and [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] are perfect here! I’m also loving [name_m]Evander[/name_m], [name_u]Valor[/name_u], [name_u]Noble[/name_u], [name_m]Magnus[/name_m], [name_u]Orion[/name_u], [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u], [name_m]Soren[/name_m], [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u], [name_u]Wilder[/name_u], Alpine, [name_u]Kodiak[/name_u], [name_m]Woods[/name_m], Endeavor, and [name_u]Atlas[/name_u]. And I also love [name_u]Auberon[/name_u], [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_m]Alistair[/name_m], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], [name_u]Fox[/name_u], [name_u]Wolf[/name_u], and [name_u]Thoreau[/name_u], just for different aesthetics.

Thank you for the fantastic suggestions! I’m off to update the list.

1 Like

This is a very similar aesthetic to my own style!

[name_m]Aquilo[/name_m]
[name_u]Beacon[/name_u]
[name_m]Boone[/name_m]
[name_u]Boreal[/name_u]
[name_m]Bowman[/name_m]
Brontide
[name_u]Celestin[/name_u]
[name_u]Cobalt[/name_u]
[name_m]Crispin[/name_m]
[name_u]Crosby[/name_u]
[name_u]Denali[/name_u]
[name_m]Espen[/name_m]
[name_u]Evergreen[/name_u]
Emblem
Fenrin
[name_u]Garnet[/name_u]
[name_u]Indigo[/name_u]
[name_u]Jade[/name_u]
[name_u]Juneau[/name_u]
[name_u]Koda[/name_u]
[name_u]Lynx[/name_u]
[name_m]Moss[/name_m]
[name_m]Ozias[/name_m]
[name_m]Phelan[/name_m]
[name_u]Quest[/name_u]
Realm
[name_m]Sindri[/name_m]
[name_m]Sirius[/name_m]
Skander
Snowden
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m]
[name_u]Willoughby[/name_u]
[name_m]Zephyrus[/name_m]

1 Like

Borealis if you want even more flair

[name_m]Sigurd[/name_m]

[name_m]Torben[/name_m]

[name_m]Björn[/name_m]

Svalbard (could be a cool place-name name)

Reynir

Valdimar

[name_m]Stellan[/name_m]

1 Like

@columbiacharm - We definitely have very complementary aesthetics! I, too, love unexpected word and nature names!
There are so many fantastic gems on this list! :heart_eyes: I’m loving [name_u]Beacon[/name_u], [name_m]Boone[/name_m], [name_u]Boreal[/name_u], [name_u]Cobalt[/name_u] (swoon!!), [name_u]Denali[/name_u], [name_u]Evergreen[/name_u] (so gorgeous!), Emblem, [name_m]Fenrir[/name_m], [name_u]Juneau[/name_u], [name_u]Lynx[/name_u], [name_m]Moss[/name_m] (!!), [name_m]Ozias[/name_m], [name_m]Phelan[/name_m], [name_u]Quest[/name_u], [name_m]Sindri[/name_m], [name_m]Sirius[/name_m], Skander, [name_m]Stellan[/name_m], and [name_m]Zephyrus[/name_m]. [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u] is growing on me, though I think I prefer it for some of previous aesthetics. I want to love [name_m]Espen[/name_m], but it’s too similar to ESPN for my brain. By far my favorite, and the one that took my breath away, was [name_u]Celestin[/name_u]. :scream_cat: What an absolutely gorgeous name!!

@moonkai - I love flair! Borealis is beautiful. I’m also loving [name_m]Torben[/name_m], [name_m]Bjorn[/name_m], Svalbard, [name_m]Valdemar[/name_m], and [name_m]Stellan[/name_m].

hi again!
beautiful aesthetic!
Orion, Casper & Vesper are my favs for this one😌

some other suggestions:
Aurelio
Aurelian
Angus
Atticus
Everest
Borealis
Beowulf
Bjorn
Birger
Esben
Erik
Fjord
Igor
Ivan
Justus
Justis
Jasper
Kodiak
Koda
Knox
Kurt
Lars
Loki
Mack
Ralph
Rufus
Star
Stellan
Tempest
Tyrone
Odin
Onyx
Olaf
Polaris

1 Like

@vida - [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] back! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: From this list, I’m loving [name_u]Orion[/name_u], [name_u]Vesper[/name_u], [name_m]Aurelian[/name_m], [name_u]Everest[/name_u], Borealis, [name_m]Bjorn[/name_m], [name_u]Fjord[/name_u], [name_u]Kodiak[/name_u], [name_m]Lars[/name_m], [name_u]Loki[/name_u], [name_m]Stellan[/name_m], [name_u]Tempest[/name_u], [name_m]Odin[/name_m], [name_u]Onyx[/name_u], and [name_u]Polaris[/name_u].