Names for a Pastoral Dreamer {moodboard}

Hi Berries. I’ve been bitten by the aesthetic bug!

I’ve been really struggling to get my name lists in order following the birth of my first actual tiny human. (For some reason, now that she’s been named, it feels like all my lists of combos and ideas for potential future siblings are just in shambles.)

I’ve been really inspired by all the name aesthetics and moodboards y’all have been posting lately, so I decided to start collecting names into categories based on the aesthetics I’m going for!

I’m calling this one Pastoral Dreamer. Names in this category are bards and poets, readers and writers and dreamers, hopeless romantics, indolent shepherds sleeping while their flock roams nearby. Colors and textures are green and gold, the susurration of the wind through meadow grasses, passionate love letters with pressed flowers inside, curly wool, dandelion fluff carrying wishes on the breeze, distant castles on verdant rolling hills, stolen kisses in sun-drenched fields, deerskin breeches and ivory linen tunics, dust motes floating in golden summer sunlight.

Moodboard

What names would you give to a Pastoral Dreamer? (I’ll share the list of names here.)

Other Aesthetics:

2 Likes

These are so much fun!!! Okay let’s see…

I suggested [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] and [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] on the other one, but I think they fit better here! [name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_u]Owen[/name_u], [name_u]Darcy[/name_u], [name_u]Arman[/name_u], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_u]Asa[/name_u], [name_u]Wynn[/name_u], [name_m]Fisher[/name_m], [name_u]Elijah[/name_u], [name_u]Fable[/name_u], [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m], [name_u]Tristan[/name_u], [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m] might also fit better here with its gentle, dreamy feel, [name_u]Noah[/name_u], [name_m]Hugh[/name_m], Rue… This one’s difficult :sweat_smile: I LOVE this aesthetic though, I’ll totally be watching this thread :eyes:

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the description :relaxed: What a great idea!
[name_m]Foster[/name_m]
[name_u]Campbell[/name_u]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u]
[name_m]Fletcher[/name_m]
[name_u]Brooks[/name_u]
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m]
[name_u]Oakley[/name_u]
[name_u]Mercer[/name_u]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_m]Wells[/name_m]
[name_u]Walker[/name_u]
[name_u]Tanner[/name_u]
[name_m]Colton[/name_m]
[name_m]Rhodes[/name_m]
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_u]Baker[/name_u]
[name_u]Penn[/name_u]
[name_u]Douglas[/name_u]
[name_u]Holland[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellison[/name_u]
[name_m]Fraser[/name_m]
[name_m]Brigham[/name_m]

1 Like

@gracegillian - I’m so glad you’re enjoying them! I was a little worried people might get annoyed with me for posting so many moodboard threads, but each aesthetic feels so different that I wanted to keep them separate instead of doing one thread for all of them.
I agree that Shepherd and Shiloh would be perfect here! I’m also loving Darcy (swoon!! exactly the vibe I was going for!!), Arman, Hugo, Asa, Fable, Nathaniel, Tristan (though this is the seed for a future aesthetic), Hawthorne (love this spelling for this board, and Hawthorn for the Gentle Druid board!), and Hugh. You really nailed the vibe on this one!

@babynamesrus - Thank you!! I was inspired by a few other users to start making the aesthetics, since imagery has always been a big part of how I fall in love with a name. I feel like your style is a little different from mine, but I can totally see how you would land on this list of names. I like Fletcher, Brooks, Mercer, and Spencer the best!

1 Like

[name_u]Wilder[/name_u]
[name_m]Ralph[/name_m]
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u]
[name_u]Percy[/name_u]
[name_u]Keats[/name_u]
[name_u]Keaton[/name_u]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]
[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]
[name_u]Emory[/name_u]
[name_f]Emerald[/name_f]
[name_u]Rylan[/name_u]
[name_u]Larkin[/name_u]
[name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_m]Pierre[/name_m]
[name_u]Dylan[/name_u]
[name_u]Ashton[/name_u]
[name_u]Finley[/name_u]
[name_u]Bailey[/name_u]
[name_m]Oaklan[/name_m]
[name_u]Cedar[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_u]Keats[/name_u]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_u]Percy[/name_u]
[name_m]Leonidas[/name_m]
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u]
[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]
[name_m]Horatio[/name_m]
[name_u]Willoughby[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_m]Rhodes[/name_m]
[name_m]Rodion[/name_m]
[name_u]Ryder[/name_u]
[name_m]Caius[/name_m]
[name_u]Monroe[/name_u]
[name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
[name_m]Leander[/name_m]
[name_m]Valentino[/name_m]
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u]
[name_m]Marius[/name_m]

1 Like

I have it! Okay okay okay I’ve been waiting to find the perfect person to recommend this name to for a couple weeks, and the time has finally come. Are you ready? [name_m]Dawsey[/name_m]. It’s a literary name, and it also fits this category perfectly.

I agree with everyone who said [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m], and I’m noticing that the “F” names that people are suggesting really fit this vibe perfectly, so some more “F” names are [name_m]Foster[/name_m], [name_f]Frances[/name_f], [name_m]Flint[/name_m], [name_m]Fisher[/name_m], [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m].

[name_m]Moises[/name_m] is another on that I think fits this aesthetic. There’s also [name_u]Yeats[/name_u], [name_m]Paladio[/name_m], [name_m]Bramwell[/name_m], or [name_u]Amos[/name_u].

But. [name_m]Dawsey[/name_m]. I mean :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

[name_u]Thoreau[/name_u]
[name_u]Charles[/name_u]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_u]Teagan[/name_u]
[name_u]Lyric[/name_u]
[name_u]Poet[/name_u]
[name_m]Booker[/name_m]
[name_m]Aurelius[/name_m]
[name_m]Orville[/name_m]
[name_m]Forrest[/name_m]
[name_u]Viridian[/name_u]
[name_u]Evergreen[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]Sequoia[/name_u]
[name_u]Ranger[/name_u]
[name_u]Indiana[/name_u]
[name_u]Coro[/name_u]
[name_u]Oleander[/name_u]
[name_u]Florian[/name_u]
[name_m]Bingham[/name_m]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_u]Bridger[/name_u]
[name_m]Seamus[/name_m]
[name_m]Fraser[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] " Fritz"
[name_u]David[/name_u]
[name_m]Caradoc[/name_m]
[name_m]Valentin[/name_m]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_u]Abbott[/name_u]
[name_u]Aberdeen[/name_u]
[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]
[name_m]Bingham[/name_m]
[name_u]Bennett[/name_u]
[name_u]Beckett[/name_u]
[name_u]Berkley[/name_u]
[name_m]Barclay[/name_m]
[name_m]Balfour[/name_m]
[name_m]Baxter[/name_m]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
[name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_m]Chaucer[/name_m]
[name_m]Chester[/name_m]
[name_u]Clarence[/name_u]
[name_u]Claude[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m]
[name_u]Callaway[/name_u]
[name_m]Clark[/name_m]
[name_m]Cassius[/name_m]
[name_u]Colby[/name_u]
[name_u]Dorian[/name_u]
[name_m]Deacon[/name_m]
[name_m]Darius[/name_m]
[name_u]Dexter[/name_u]
[name_m]Dalton[/name_m]
[name_m]Elio[/name_m]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_m]Ender[/name_m]
[name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u]
[name_m]Eliam[/name_m]
[name_u]Elijah[/name_u]
[name_u]Floyd[/name_u]
[name_u]Fairfax[/name_u]
[name_u]Florian[/name_u]
[name_m]Finnian[/name_m]
[name_m]Fabian[/name_m]
[name_m]Fraser[/name_m]
[name_m]Flynt[/name_m]
[name_u]Fox[/name_u]
[name_m]Finneas[/name_m]
[name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Gulliver[/name_m]
[name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]
[name_u]Gene[/name_u]
[name_m]Grant[/name_m]
[name_m]Helio[/name_m]
[name_u]Hayden[/name_u]
[name_m]Hector[/name_m]
[name_m]Hamish[/name_m]
[name_f]Hester[/name_f]
[name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m]
[name_m]Ivan[/name_m]
[name_m]Jacque[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_u]Jonah[/name_u]
[name_u]Jericho[/name_u]
[name_m]Klaus[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucas[/name_m]
[name_u]Luca[/name_u]
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
[name_u]Loxley[/name_u]
[name_u]Milo[/name_u]
[name_u]Miles[/name_u]
[name_m]Monty[/name_m]
[name_m]Montague[/name_m]
[name_u]Mack[/name_u]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_u]Niall[/name_u]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
Olivander
[name_m]Oskar[/name_m]
[name_u]Percy[/name_u]
[name_m]Pablo[/name_m]
[name_m]Pedro[/name_m]
[name_u]Quince[/name_u]
[name_m]Quade[/name_m]
[name_u]Quentin[/name_u]
[name_u]Robert[/name_u]
[name_u]Ridley[/name_u]
[name_u]Ridley[/name_u]
[name_m]Randall[/name_m]
[name_u]Reece[/name_u]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_u]Sheridan[/name_u]
[name_u]Sylvester[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Torben[/name_m]
[name_m]Ulysses[/name_m]
[name_m]Xander[/name_m]
[name_m]Xavier[/name_m]
[name_m]Zebedee[/name_m]

[name_u]Willoughby[/name_u]

Mercia
[name_u]Rosario[/name_u]
[name_u]Valentine[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_u]Holden[/name_u]

1 Like

Oh my goodness, so many lovely suggestions! :heart_eyes:

@KaiLun - Wilder!! Emerson!! Keats!! Also loving [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m], [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u], [name_u]Larkin[/name_u], [name_u]River[/name_u], [name_u]Ashton[/name_u], FInley, and [name_u]Cedar[/name_u].

@Greyblue - [name_u]Keats[/name_u], [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], and [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] are so perfect! Also loving [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] and WIlloughby.

@Oblivious_octopus - [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] is magic here!! Also loving [name_m]Caius[/name_m], [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_m]Leander[/name_m], [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] (sooo dreamy!), [name_u]Darcy[/name_u], and [name_m]Marius[/name_m].

@eattacosforbreakfast - [name_m]Dawsey[/name_m] is another new one for me! It’s like a cross between [name_u]Dawson[/name_u] and [name_u]Darcy[/name_u], and I absolutely love the meaning! I’m also loving [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m], [name_u]Yeats[/name_u], and [name_m]Bramwell[/name_m], and I think [name_m]Fisher[/name_m] is growing on me!

@moonwriteen - [name_u]Thoreau[/name_u] is perfect here!! I’m also loving [name_u]Poet[/name_u], [name_m]Booker[/name_m], [name_m]Aurelius[/name_m], [name_m]Forrest[/name_m], [name_u]Viridian[/name_u], [name_u]Oleander[/name_u] (swoon!), [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], [name_m]Fritz[/name_m], [name_m]Caradoc[/name_m], and [name_m]Valentin[/name_m]. [name_m]Graham[/name_m] and [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] are growing on me. I absolutely adore [name_u]Evergreen[/name_u], [name_u]Sequoia[/name_u], and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], but I think I like them better for the Gentle Druid aesthetic. Saving the best for last - Florian!!! Oh my gods and goddesses, this name is magic. The soft F sound, the romantic -ian ending, the dreamy floral vibe - I can just picture a shepherd boy making flower crowns for his lover.

@anon25197097 - So many beauties!! :heart_eyes: I’m loving [name_u]Aberdeen[/name_u], [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u], [name_u]Bennett[/name_u], [name_u]Beckett[/name_u], [name_m]Barclay[/name_m], [name_m]Chaucer[/name_m], [name_m]Clark[/name_m], [name_m]Cassius[/name_m], [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] (swoon!!), [name_m]Deacon[/name_m], [name_m]Darius[/name_m], [name_m]Evander[/name_m], [name_u]Fairfax[/name_u], [name_u]Florian[/name_u] (still so perfect!), [name_m]Finnian[/name_m], [name_u]Fox[/name_u], [name_m]Finneas[/name_m], [name_m]Grant[/name_m], Huckleberry!!, [name_m]Jacque[/name_m], [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Lysander[/name_m], [name_m]Montague[/name_m], [name_u]Niall[/name_u], Olivander, [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] (though I prefer this spelling over Reece), [name_u]Sheridan[/name_u], Sylvester!!, [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] (oh this one is magical here!), [name_m]Torben[/name_m], [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m], [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u], [name_u]Rosario[/name_u], and [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]. Wow, what a magical list!

@gabyy - I’m loving [name_u]River[/name_u] here!

Thank you all for the magical names!! I’m off to update the name list!

3 Likes

kinda gives me romantic cottagecore vibes

suggestions: :herb:

female: :blossom:
adoria
esme
cordelia
amara
mila
philippia
amee
lennon
cerys
priya
milena
eowyn
philomena
davina
carina
nayeli
love
desiree
amandine
charity
avila
charis
amora
vivienne
juliet

male: :shamrock:
newt (ofc this gives me MAJOR mazerunner vibes)
adorius
rhys
amais
philip
eros or aros
lev
amadeus
jedidiah or jebidiah
erasmus
hart
milan
obi
rasmus
theophilus
milos
carwin
romeo
caspian
connelly

@Alaina27 - Yes! The inspiration for this one was cottagecore with a splash of dark academia.

I’m loving [name_f]Adoria[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_f]Cerys[/name_f], [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f], [name_f]Philomena[/name_f], [name_u]Love[/name_u], [name_f]Amandine[/name_f], [name_f]Charis[/name_f], [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] from the femme list!
Obsessed with [name_u]Rhys[/name_u], Amais, [name_m]Eros[/name_m], [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m], [name_m]Rasmus[/name_m], [name_m]Hart[/name_m], and [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] from the masc list. As mentioned elsewhere, [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] is one of my faves for a different aesthetic. I also really love the look and feel of [name_m]Theophilus[/name_m], but meaning / association makes it unusable for me personally.

1 Like