Names for an Elusive Forest Fae {moodboard}

Time for another LavenderWitch aesthetic! (I know, two in one week! This is what happens when your supportive partners give you a weekend off from the baby lifts :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:)

Recap

I was having a really difficult time with my name lists in the wake of naming my first child, until I was inspired by a rash of aesthetic posts and moodboard threads to think about my names in a new way. I have a touch of synesthesia, so there are always colors and imagery associated with my favorite names. I switched from trying to organize my existing lists to gathering new lists of names, grouped together by the overall aesthetic I was looking for. This approach totally worked, and for the first time ever, I actually finished a top ten list!

My original goal was to do ten masc and ten femme moodboards to collect names and create a final combo for each aesthetic. I finished all the masc boards - though I ended up with more than ten combos - and this will be my seventh femme moodboard. I canā€™t believe how close weā€™ve gotten to finishing! So far, femme names have proven to be MUCH more difficult for me to make decisions around, and Iā€™m winding up with several aesthetics that have more than one combo. But the combos for the last two aesthetics came more easily, and Iā€™m hoping the third time is charmed. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Iā€™m calling this one Elusive Forest Fae. Names in this category are dryads and wood elves, fauns and satyrs, green fairies and woodland sprites, tree nymphs and forest spirits. Colors and textures are mist and evergreen, sage and forest, lichen and pine; lush temperate rainforests carpeted with ferns; the flicker of fairy lights out of the corner of your eye; towering old growth trees dripping with moss; willā€™oā€™theā€™wisps dancing in and out among the undergrowth; an ancient stag with twining antlers like branches in a thicket; the phantom sound of laughter, music, and little hooves dancing; luna moths clad in seafoam green and the ethereal shimmer of dragonfly wings; a delicate figure in gossamer white disappearing around a bend in the path.

Moodboard

Iā€™m so excited to share this one with you! Itā€™s one of my favorites, and I also know that several of you have been looking forward to a forest-themed aesthetic from me. This board is kind of like the femme equivalent of the Gentle Druid and Forest Guardian aesthetics, but with an extra dose of Faery.

So! What would you name an Elusive Forest Fae? (As always, Iā€™ll be adding my favorite suggestions to a public list as we go along.)

Previous Aesthetics

Masc
Femme
5 Likes

Phee
[name_u]Phaedra[/name_u]
[name_f]Thalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]
[name_u]Frost[/name_u]
[name_f]Sylvanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassia[/name_f]
[name_f]Merida[/name_f]
[name_f]Corliss[/name_f]
[name_f]Embla[/name_f]
Cloelia
[name_f]Alys[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurore[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabli[/name_f]
[name_f]Tegwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Tosca[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Tinuviel[/name_f]
[name_f]Eulalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eirlys[/name_f]
[name_f]Ffion[/name_f]
[name_u]Dagny[/name_u]
[name_f]Salka[/name_f]
Sif
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Ariadne[/name_f]

2 Likes

Once again, some of these are mostly fairly, some mostly forest. I really adore both aspects of this aesthetic! I also played a little with the green names.
Some of these are a little off the beaten track.

[name_u]Aberdeen[/name_u]
[name_u]Alder[/name_u]
Arduinna
[name_u]Bay[/name_u]
Beaflurs
[name_f]Beryl[/name_f] | Berylune
[name_f]Cendrine[/name_f]
[name_f]Emeraude[/name_f]
Fairamay
[name_f]Fairylithe[/name_f]
[name_m]Faraday[/name_m]
[name_f]Fauna[/name_f]
[name_f]Fawn[/name_f]
[name_f]Fern[/name_f] (I realize this is one of your daughterā€™s names. I just think itā€™s the perfect fit here)
Lauma
Lilofee
[name_f]Mirtle[/name_f]
[name_f]Myrthe[/name_f] | [name_f]Mirthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Naida[/name_f]
Nomeda
Oihana | Oihane
[name_f]Pari[/name_f]
[name_f]Peridot[/name_f]
Phaedria
[name_f]Saga[/name_f]
[name_u]Senna[/name_u]
[name_f]Silvana[/name_f]
[name_f]Tauriel[/name_f]
[name_f]Thalassa[/name_f]
Vilia
[name_u]Viridian[/name_u]
[name_f]Viridis[/name_f]
[name_f]Wisteria[/name_f]

2 Likes

Iā€™m in love with this aesthetic, so beautifulā€¦ reminds me of my first oc, Irwen who was a forest fae.

šŸŒ²ā˜˜šŸŒ¬

[name_m]Morrissey[/name_m]
[name_f]Alafair[/name_f]
[name_u]Alwyn[/name_u] (many -wyn names have this vibe to me!)
[name_f]Iridessa[/name_f]
[name_u]Forsythe[/name_u]
[name_f]Melisende[/name_f]
[name_f]Yadira[/name_f]
[name_f]Fauna[/name_f]
[name_f]Conwenna[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophronia[/name_f]
[name_f]Laoise[/name_f]
[name_f]Flordelis[/name_f]
Palatia
[name_f]Esclarmonde[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucine[/name_f]
[name_f]Odessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]
Finbaria
[name_f]Avalon[/name_f]
[name_f]Khaleesi[/name_f] / Calisi
[name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f]
Gwynfor
[name_f]Eirlys[/name_f]
[name_u]Aster[/name_u] / [name_u]Astor[/name_u]
[name_u]Clovis[/name_u]

2 Likes

Fantastic, as always!

[name_u]Briar[/name_u]
[name_u]Ever[/name_u]
[name_u]Fable[/name_u]
[name_f]Fawn[/name_f]
[name_f]Fauna[/name_f]
[name_f]Alette[/name_f]
[name_f]Elida[/name_f]
[name_f]Siofra[/name_f]
[name_f]Tiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Titania[/name_f]
[name_f]Tatiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Elfie[/name_f]
[name_f]Elvine[/name_f]
[name_f]Faerydae[/name_f]
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f]
[name_f]Orla[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]Aspen[/name_u]
[name_f]Acacia[/name_f]
[name_u]Jade[/name_u]
[name_f]Selena[/name_f]
[name_f]Celestia[/name_f]
Feronia
[name_f]Hesperia[/name_f]
[name_u]Ember[/name_u]
[name_f]Verbena[/name_f]
[name_f]Nella[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucine[/name_f]
[name_f]Pixie[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Arwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosenwyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilibeth[/name_f]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Anwen[/name_f]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_f]Eowyn[/name_f]
[name_u]Briar[/name_u]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_f]Freja[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Cerys[/name_f]
[name_f]Araminta[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_u]Tal[/name_u]
[name_f]Aviva[/name_f]
[name_f]Parisa[/name_f]
[name_u]Pascale[/name_u]
[name_f]Zephira[/name_f]
[name_f]Zephyrine[/name_f]
[name_u]Rocio[/name_u]
[name_f]Ehrena[/name_f]
[name_f]Elvina[/name_f]
[name_f]Elvira[/name_f]
[name_f]Elestren[/name_f]
[name_f]Celandine[/name_f]
[name_f]Cefariana[/name_f]
[name_f]Cerelia[/name_f]

1 Like

Elvira
Cerys
Elowen
Ashley
Eglantine
Ceridwen
Fern
Aspen
Briar
Sage
Wisteria
Sybil
Lilibeth
Arden
Pixie
Ivy
Ember
Faerydae
Titania
Fawn
Viridis
Aurora
Hart
Forrest
Sylvie

1 Like

[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
Artemia
[name_f]Artemisia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ronja[/name_f]
[name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Alodia[/name_f]
[name_f]Amadea[/name_f]
[name_f]Mattea[/name_f]
[name_f]Atalanta[/name_f]
[name_f]Eadlin[/name_f]
[name_f]Elin[/name_f]
[name_f]Kalina[/name_f]
[name_f]Malina[/name_f]
[name_f]Halina[/name_f]
[name_f]Lelia[/name_f]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u]
[name_u]Isra[/name_u]
[name_f]Leocadia[/name_f]
[name_f]Leona[/name_f]
[name_f]Thalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Simona[/name_f]
[name_f]Sonora[/name_f]
Luminiţa
[name_f]Quinna[/name_f]
[name_u]Quinlan[/name_u]
[name_f]Vada[/name_f]
[name_f]Mireia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
[name_f]Selina[/name_f]
[name_f]Aada[/name_f]
Kardelen
[name_f]Wisteria[/name_f]
[name_f]Ofelia[/name_f] / [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Astoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Enna[/name_f]

1 Like

Thank you all for the lovely suggestions! Iā€™m so excited to dive into these lists!

@Greyblue - [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_u]Phaedra[/name_u], [name_f]Thalia[/name_f], and [name_f]Sylvanna[/name_f]. I have been saving all the Sylv- names for this aesthetic!
I also like [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f], [name_f]Cassia[/name_f], [name_f]Corliss[/name_f] (ooh! I love the meaning), [name_f]Embla[/name_f], and [name_f]Alys[/name_f].

@SofiaSweden - Iā€™m loving [name_f]Tinuviel[/name_f] here! Other favorites are [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] and [name_f]Ffion[/name_f].
I also like [name_f]Eulalie[/name_f], [name_f]Eirlys[/name_f], [name_u]Dagny[/name_u], [name_f]Salka[/name_f], and [name_f]Celeste[/name_f].

@columbiacharm - Iā€™m so glad this one is appealing to you on several levels! Also, in case you couldnā€™t tell, I looove names that are a little off the beaten track :wink:
[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites from this gorgeous list are [name_u]Alder[/name_u], Berylune (I know itā€™s [name_f]Beryl[/name_f] + lune, but my brain keeps trying to say [name_u]Berry[/name_u] + lune, which is adorable), [name_f]Cendrine[/name_f], [name_f]Fairylithe[/name_f] (swoooooon), [name_f]Fawn[/name_f], [name_f]Fern[/name_f] (youā€™re right, itā€™s absolutely perfect here; her name is basically a combo of this aesthetic and the Dreamy Water Maiden), [name_f]Naida[/name_f], Phaedria, [name_u]Senna[/name_u], [name_f]Silvana[/name_f], and [name_f]Wisteria[/name_f] (though Iā€™m saving her for a future aesthetic of her own).
I also like Arduinna (T will be interested in this one because thereā€™s a technology tie-in via Arduino), [name_u]Bay[/name_u], [name_f]Beryl[/name_f], [name_f]Emeraude[/name_f], Fairamay, [name_f]Fauna[/name_f], Laume (I slightly prefer this over Lauma because of the lingerie brand), Lilofee, [name_f]Myrthe[/name_f], [name_f]Mirthe[/name_f], Oihana, Oihane, [name_f]Peridot[/name_f], [name_f]Saga[/name_f], [name_u]Viridian[/name_u], and [name_f]Viridis[/name_f].
I adore [name_f]Thalassa[/name_f] just for a different aesthetic.

@the_common_fool - Iā€™m so glad you love it, and that it has a nostalgic association for you! :green_heart:
First of all, [name_f]Alafair[/name_f]: be still my heart!! This one took my breath away! :heart_eyes:
Iā€™m also loving [name_f]Iridessa[/name_f], [name_u]Forsythe[/name_u] (and Forsythia), [name_f]Sophronia[/name_f], [name_f]Odessa[/name_f], and [name_f]Avalon[/name_f].
I like [name_f]Melisende[/name_f], [name_f]Yadira[/name_f], [name_f]Fauna[/name_f], [name_f]Conwenna[/name_f], [name_f]Laoise[/name_f], [name_f]Esclarmonde[/name_f], [name_f]Delphine[/name_f], [name_f]Lucine[/name_f], [name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f], and [name_f]Eirlys[/name_f] as well.

@LouC - Thank you! And as always, you have a gorgeous list of suggestions! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_u]Briar[/name_u], [name_u]Fable[/name_u] (on my masc shortlist, but I love for any gender!), [name_f]Fawn[/name_f], [name_f]Siofra[/name_f], [name_f]Titania[/name_f], [name_f]Elfie[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], and [name_f]Acacia[/name_f] (love this here).
I also like [name_u]Ever[/name_u], [name_f]Fauna[/name_f], [name_f]Alette[/name_f], [name_f]Elida[/name_f], [name_f]Tiana[/name_f], [name_f]Elvine[/name_f], [name_f]Faerydae[/name_f], [name_f]Orla[/name_f], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] (though I have this on my masc shortlist as well), [name_u]Aspen[/name_u], [name_f]Selena[/name_f], [name_f]Celestia[/name_f], Feronia, [name_f]Verbena[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_f]Lucine[/name_f], and [name_f]Pixie[/name_f].

@Larryisalittledog - Magical list! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Arwen[/name_f], [name_f]Anwen[/name_f], [name_u]Arden[/name_u], [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f] (though I love this for my [name_u]Warrior[/name_u] [name_f]Queen[/name_f] combo, [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f] [name_u]Alder[/name_u] Octavia), and [name_u]Briar[/name_u].
I also like [name_f]Flora[/name_f], [name_f]Sybil[/name_f], [name_f]Rosenwyn[/name_f], [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f], [name_u]Sage[/name_u], [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_f]Freja[/name_f], [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f], and [name_f]Cerys[/name_f].

@EdgeOfTheMeadow - [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites from this lovely list are [name_f]Zephyrine[/name_f], [name_f]Elestren[/name_f], [name_f]Celandine[/name_f], [name_f]Cefariana[/name_f], and [name_f]Cerelia[/name_f].
I also like [name_u]Tali[/name_u], [name_f]Aviva[/name_f], [name_f]Parisa[/name_f], [name_f]Zephira[/name_f], [name_f]Ehrena[/name_f], and [name_f]Elvina[/name_f].

@wintergarden - [name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] list! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites here are [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], [name_f]Fern[/name_f], [name_u]Briar[/name_u], [name_f]Wisteria[/name_f] (though Iā€™m saving this one for an upcoming aesthetic), [name_u]Arden[/name_u], [name_f]Titania[/name_f], [name_f]Fawn[/name_f], and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f].
I also like [name_f]Cerys[/name_f], [name_f]Eglantine[/name_f], [name_u]Aspen[/name_u], [name_u]Sage[/name_u], [name_f]Sybil[/name_f], [name_f]Pixie[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_f]Faerydae[/name_f], and [name_f]Viridis[/name_f].

@EagleEyes - [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] suggestions! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], [name_f]Artemisia[/name_f], [name_f]Thalia[/name_f], [name_f]Wisteria[/name_f] (though she has her own aesthetic in the works), [name_f]Ofelia[/name_f], [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] (used in the Dreamy Water Maiden combo, [name_f]Reverie[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] Willow), and [name_f]Astoria[/name_f] (swooon).
I also like [name_f]Diana[/name_f], [name_f]Atalanta[/name_f], [name_u]Isra[/name_u], [name_f]Sonora[/name_f], Luminita, and [name_f]Selina[/name_f].

Thank you for the fantastic suggestions! I will have the list updated shortly :purple_heart:

5 Likes

How about:

[name_f]April[/name_f]
[name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_f]Alethea[/name_f]
[name_u]Ariel[/name_u]
[name_f]Briony[/name_f]
[name_u]Corin[/name_u]
[name_u]Corrie[/name_u]
[name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
[name_f]Celia[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Deirdre[/name_f]
[name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_u]Emery[/name_u]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_u]Everly[/name_u]
[name_f]Fenna[/name_f]
[name_f]Fia[/name_f]
[name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Gladys[/name_f]
[name_f]Gillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Hermione[/name_f]
[name_f]Hestia[/name_f]
[name_f]Illyria[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Jaclyn[/name_f]
[name_u]Jade[/name_u]
[name_f]Jolie[/name_f]
Kitsune (fox in Japanese)
Lauriel
[name_u]Lark[/name_u]
[name_u]Linden[/name_u]
[name_f]Lysandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Mei[/name_f]
[name_f]Niamh[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Pheobe[/name_f]
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_f]Rilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosebud[/name_f]
Salal
[name_u]Sorrel[/name_u]
[name_f]Sienna[/name_f]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f]
[name_u]Sable[/name_u]
[name_f]Thora[/name_f]
[name_f]Tinuviel[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_u]Yarrow[/name_u]
[name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]

1 Like

Mwahahaā€¦rubs hands together

Dryope
[name_u]Echo[/name_u]
[name_f]Morea[/name_f]
[name_f]Ptelea[/name_f]
Tithorea

[name_f]Acacia[/name_f]
[name_m]Aiken[/name_m]
Amanita
[name_u]Aspen[/name_u]
[name_f]Betula[/name_f]
Cascara
[name_u]Cypress[/name_u]
[name_f]Elah[/name_f]
[name_f]Elswyth[/name_f]
[name_f]Glenda[/name_f]
[name_f]Idra[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Keitha[/name_f] (sort of oddly charming)
Mahonia (sprinkle in some more PNW botanical references?)
Nairna
[name_m]Salix[/name_m]
[name_m]Tallis[/name_m]
Thuja
[name_u]Willow[/name_u]

1 Like

@julieghoulie730 - Thank you for the suggestions! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Deirdre[/name_f], [name_f]Fenna[/name_f], [name_f]Illyria[/name_f] (though I used this in one of my Starseed [name_u]Soul[/name_u] combos), Kitsune, [name_u]Lark[/name_u], [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] (part of the final combo for the Dreamy Water Maiden aesthetic), [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], Salal (love me some unique nature names!), and [name_f]Tinuviel[/name_f].
I also like [name_f]Alethea[/name_f], [name_f]Corinne[/name_f], [name_f]Celia[/name_f], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], [name_f]Diana[/name_f], [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], [name_u]Everly[/name_u], [name_f]Faye[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_u]Laurel[/name_u], [name_u]Linden[/name_u], [name_f]Lysandra[/name_f], [name_f]Niamh[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Primrose[/name_f], [name_f]Rosebud[/name_f], [name_u]Sorrel[/name_u], [name_f]Sybil[/name_f], [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_u]Yarrow[/name_u], and [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f].
I also love [name_u]Sable[/name_u] and [name_f]Thora[/name_f], just for different aesthetics.

@moonkai - Yaaassss, lovin these offbeat nature names!!!
[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites from your list are [name_u]Echo[/name_u] (used in one of the Iridescent Siren combos), Tithorea, [name_f]Acacia[/name_f], Amanita (love love love), Cascara, [name_u]Cypress[/name_u] (swooooon), [name_f]Elswyth[/name_f], Nairna (swooon, plus I love the meaning!), and [name_u]Willow[/name_u] (used in the Dreamy Water Maiden combo).
I also like [name_f]Morea[/name_f], [name_f]Ptelea[/name_f], [name_u]Aspen[/name_u], [name_f]Idra[/name_f], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], [name_f]Keitha[/name_f], Mahonia, and [name_m]Salix[/name_m].
I want to love Dryope because she was soooooo badass, but I just canā€™t get past the ā€œdry upā€ sound.
I think I bookmarked some of your threads where you were asking for nature names to go with [name_u]Sequoia[/name_u], so I might go stalk those for some more inspo!

Thank you for the suggestions! Iā€™m off to update the list. :purple_heart:

Also-

Firiel
Gloriel
[name_f]Elvira[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvania[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvestra[/name_f]
[name_f]Anais[/name_f]
[name_f]Alanis[/name_f]
[name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_f]Thais[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillias[/name_f]

1 Like

Would you be willing to share a list somewhere of combos youā€™ve made for the moodboards youā€™ve done so far? As Iā€™d love to see! No worries if not!

1 Like

@julieghoulie730 - Ooh, [name_f]Sylvestra[/name_f] was my seed name for this aesthetic! :heart_eyes: Iā€™m loving Firiel and [name_f]Sylvania[/name_f] as well!
I also like Gloriel, [name_f]Anais[/name_f], [name_f]Thais[/name_f], and [name_f]Lilias[/name_f].

@LouC - Absolutely! Whenever I decide on a combo, I add it to my user card. But Iā€™m also planning to do a ā€œwrap-upā€ thread when Iā€™m finished that has all the moodboards, links to the threads and name lists, plus the combo(s) I chose for each aesthetic and a little bit about the individual names in each combo. It will either be one massive post or a series of posts in one thread, depending on what the limits are for images / links you can have in one post, lol.

1 Like

Oh, excellent! :+1:

1 Like

[name_f]Fae[/name_f]
[name_u]Phaedra[/name_u]
[name_m]Sylvan[/name_m]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_u]Cypress[/name_u]
[name_f]Fauna[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Fawn[/name_f]
[name_f]Arwen[/name_f]