Names for a Star Seed Soul {moodboard}

Time for another LavenderWitch aesthetic - and this one is a bit of a departure for me.

Recap

I was having a really difficult time with my name lists in the wake of naming my first child, until I was inspired by a rash of aesthetic posts and moodboard threads to think about my names in a new way. I have a touch of synesthesia, so there are always colors and imagery associated with my favorite names. I switched from trying to organize my existing lists to gathering new lists of names, grouped together by the overall aesthetic I was looking for. This approach totally worked, and for the first time ever, I actually finished a top ten list!

My original goal was to do ten masc and ten femme moodboards to collect names and create a final combo for each aesthetic. I finished all the masc boards - though I ended up with a total of eleven combos - and this will be my third femme moodboard!

I’m calling this one Star Seed Soul. Names in this category are cosmic healers, galactic warriors, transcendental teachers, badass bodhisattvas, divine goddesses in tune with the secrets of the universe. Colors and textures are turquoise and orchid, indigo and flame, midnight and molten gold; the vivid crack of lightning splitting the sky; comets trailing stardust through the vastness of space; the primordial churn of lava as it flows into the sea; the sacred geometry of iridescent crystals; spiraling galaxies and far-flung nebulae, meteor showers and shooting stars; a third eye wide open and a soul on fire.

That’s right, my lovelies. Your ethereal little pastel-loving Lavender made something [gasp] NEON. :scream:

Moodboard

I’m nervous and excited to share this one with you all, because it’s so far outside my normal wheelhouse!

Lots of bonus points for any nature / word names that would work with this aesthetic. One of our rules for any combo is that it needs to have at least one nature / word name, and normally my aesthetics are so botanically inclined that it’s an easy ask. I’m finding it a lot more difficult for this one!

As always, I’ll be adding my favorite suggestions to a public list as we go. Thank you for all your lovely feedback and inspiration. I can’t wait to see what you come up with!

Previous Aesthetics:

Masc
Femme
8 Likes

[name_f]Viridiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Iridessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Estella[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Almira[/name_f]
[name_f]Galatea[/name_f]
[name_f]Galilea[/name_f]
[name_f]Petra[/name_f]
[name_f]Io[/name_f]
[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Apollonia[/name_f]
[name_u]Jules[/name_u]
[name_f]Katara[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucasta[/name_f]
Lunaria
[name_u]Lumen[/name_u]
[name_f]Mireia[/name_f]
[name_f]Topaz[/name_f]
[name_u]Reign[/name_u]
[name_f]Talitha[/name_f]
[name_m]Altair[/name_m]
[name_f]Vada[/name_f] / [name_f]Vaeda[/name_f]
[name_m]Magni[/name_m]
[name_f]Magda[/name_f]
[name_f]Selene[/name_f]
[name_f]Roxana[/name_f]
[name_f]Lura[/name_f]
[name_f]Calanthe[/name_f]
[name_u]Rune[/name_u]
[name_u]Mars[/name_u]
[name_f]Soleil[/name_f]
Phina
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Astra[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] partner is really into star seeds and such! I did a bunch of reading into it and watched videos on it – super interesting stuff.

[name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] moodboard, by the way. I think that names with very spiritual, nature inspired meanings are perfect for a star seed soul.

• [name_f]Oriana[/name_f] (Latin) “Dawn”
  • [name_f]Sahar[/name_f] (Arabic) “Dawn, morning, awakening”
  • [name_f]Undine[/name_f] (Latin) “Little wave”
  • [name_f]Toril[/name_f] (Norse) “Thunder”
  • [name_f]Hestia[/name_f] (Greek) “Hearth, fireside”
  • [name_f]Keziah[/name_f] (Hebrew) “Cassia tree”
  • [name_f]Lucine[/name_f] (Armenian) “Moon”
  • [name_f]Sadira[/name_f] (Persian) “Lotus tree”
  • HaflĂ­na (Icelandic) “Ocean stone” or “sea”
  • [name_f]Astara[/name_f] (Latin) “Of the stars”
  • [name_f]Asterope[/name_f] (Greek) “Lightning”
  • [name_f]Hesperia[/name_f] (Greek) “Evening star”
  • [name_f]Stellamaris[/name_f] (Latin) “Star of the sea”
  • [name_f]Stella[/name_f] (Latin) “Star”
  • Sunila (Indian) “Very blue”
  • Tsukiko (Japanese) “Moon”
  • [name_f]Esmeray[/name_f] (Turkish) “Dark moon”
  • [name_f]Cynthria[/name_f] (Greek) “Moon goddess”
  • [name_f]Liluri[/name_f] (Syrian) “Goddess of mountains”
  • [name_f]Hyacinthe[/name_f] (Greek) “Blue larkspur”
  • [name_u]Nightingale[/name_u] (Old English) “Night singer”
  • [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f] (Hebrew, Greek, Latin) “Blue”
  • [name_f]Winika[/name_f] (Māori) “Christmas orchid”
  • [name_f]Layla[/name_f] (Arabic) “Night”
  • [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] (Babylonian) “Belonging to the night”
  • [name_f]Amaya[/name_f] (Spanish) “Mother city; the end; night rain”

I hope you like some of these!

3 Likes

oooh, how beautiful!!

These come to mind…

Galilea
Atalanta
Odessa
Alcmene
Galatea
Corisande
Mireille
Alouetta
Idalia
AlastrĂ­ona
Lumina/Luminara
Aurelia/Aurelie
Odeya
Amandine
Saia
Calafia
Runa
Amaris
Calanthe
Aelita
Amalthea
Lyra
Andromeda
Hesperos
Pandora
Helia
Aularia
Cassiopeia
Rhea
Thalassa

This was fun!! I hope you like some of these :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

can i just say that i adore your moodboard-inspired name threads? you are so creative!

[name_f]Alsephina[/name_f]
[name_f]Ascella[/name_f]
[name_f]Avani[/name_f]
[name_f]Bijou[/name_f]
[name_u]Dione[/name_u]
[name_f]Diya[/name_f]
[name_f]Elara[/name_f]
[name_f]Giada[/name_f]
Iolite
[name_m]Saphir[/name_m]
[name_f]Sapphira[/name_f]
[name_f]Starr[/name_f]
[name_f]Titania[/name_f]
[name_f]Ula[/name_f]
[name_f]Venus[/name_f]
[name_f]Wanda[/name_f]
[name_f]Zira[/name_f]

1 Like

I am so here for this your aesthetic posts and their brilliant descriptions.

For this one, I shall suggest: [name_u]Isra[/name_u], [name_f]Psyche[/name_f], Eldlilja, [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f], [name_f]Solara[/name_f], [name_f]Luneth[/name_f], [name_f]Astraia[/name_f], [name_f]Inanna[/name_f], [name_f]Cosima[/name_f], [name_f]Fairuza[/name_f], [name_f]Araceli[/name_f], [name_u]Aster[/name_u], Galateia, Eldrun, [name_f]Godelieve[/name_f], Rozanica, [name_f]Dionysia[/name_f], [name_f]Anahita[/name_f], Stateira, [name_u]Lux[/name_u], Kalais, [name_f]Ameya[/name_f], [name_f]Lilith[/name_f], [name_f]Eluned[/name_f], [name_f]Tinuviel[/name_f], [name_f]Alula[/name_f], [name_f]Electra[/name_f], Auszrine, Pyronia, Caspera, Adelrune, Corinthia, Soran, [name_f]Altalune[/name_f], Jadzia, [name_f]Nephele[/name_f], [name_f]Zinara[/name_f], [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f], [name_f]Vela[/name_f], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], [name_u]Nyx[/name_u], [name_u]Solstice[/name_u], [name_u]Vesper[/name_u], [name_f]Ursa[/name_f], [name_f]Asterope[/name_f] …

2 Likes

Basically anything that is the name of a star or moon would work…

[name_f]Alcyone[/name_f] - The brightest star in the [name_m]Taurus[/name_m] constellation.
[name_u]Polaris[/name_u] - The name of the North/Pole [name_f]Star[/name_f].
[name_f]Asteria[/name_f] - Meaning of the stars/starry one. In some Greek stories she is the mother of [name_f]Hecate[/name_f], [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] of witchcraft and borders/boundaries. She was [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] of falling stars.
[name_f]Andromeda[/name_f] - A galaxy and a constellation.
[name_u]Vega[/name_u] - The brightest star in the [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] constellation.
[name_u]Nova[/name_u] - [name_u]An[/name_u] astronomical event causing the appearance of a bright new star. A supernova is an explosion of a star.
[name_f]Elara[/name_f] - A moon of [name_u]Jupiter[/name_u].
[name_f]Io[/name_f] - A moon of [name_u]Jupiter[/name_u] and the fourth largest moon in our solar system.
[name_f]Astraea[/name_f] - Meaning star maiden/starry night. [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] of justice and innocence turned into the constellation Virgo.
[name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] - A constellation.
[name_f]Astara[/name_f] - Meaning of the stars.
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] - A constellation.
[name_f]Ursa[/name_f] - [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_m]Minor[/name_m] and [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_m]Major[/name_m] are two constellations in the sky. [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_m]Major[/name_m] contains the big dipper (or plough).
[name_f]Vela[/name_f] - A constellation.
[name_f]Aquilina[/name_f] - [name_u]Aquila[/name_u] is a constellation.
[name_f]Adhara[/name_f] - A star in the constellation Canis [name_m]Major[/name_m].
[name_u]Aster[/name_u] - The Ancient Greek word for star and a type of plant with star shaped petals.
[name_f]Carina[/name_f] - A constellation.
[name_f]Danica[/name_f] - meaning morning star/Venus.
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] - meaning evening star.
[name_f]Eudora[/name_f] - one of the Hyades, a group of nymphs associated with the configuration of stars of the same name.
[name_f]Meissa[/name_f] - a star in the [name_u]Orion[/name_u] constellation. Meaning shining one.
[name_u]Halcyon[/name_u] - Latin variant of [name_f]Alcyone[/name_f].
[name_u]Seren[/name_u] - meaning star.
[name_f]Tanith[/name_f] - Phoenician deity of the moon, sun and stars, fertility and motherhood.
[name_u]Halley[/name_u] - a comet visible every 75ish years.
[name_f]Helia[/name_f] - feminine form of [name_m]Helios[/name_m], Greek God of the sun.
[name_f]Titania[/name_f] - the largest moon of planet Uranus.

Apologies for any repeat suggestions.

1 Like

Ooh this is different and exciting!!

[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Alaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_u]Endellion[/name_u]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Astra[/name_f]
Izarra
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiora[/name_f]
[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_u]Romilly[/name_u]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
[name_f]Keziah[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Galatea[/name_f]
Adrasteia / [name_f]Adrastea[/name_f]
[name_f]Hecate[/name_f]
[name_f]Bronte[/name_f]
[name_f]Roxana[/name_f]
Lilithia
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] / [name_f]Vespertine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sefarina[/name_f]
[name_u]Fiore[/name_u]
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f]
[name_f]Galilea[/name_f]
[name_f]Morrigan[/name_f]
[name_u]Nebula[/name_u]
[name_f]Octaviana[/name_f]
[name_f]Rafaella[/name_f]
Staraya
[name_f]Fiammetta[/name_f]
[name_f]Astoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Quintessa[/name_f] / [name_f]Quintina[/name_f]
Theopania
[name_f]Lucasta[/name_f]
[name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f]
Zivania
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f]
[name_f]Zephyrine[/name_f]
Zophiel
[name_f]Maxima[/name_f]
Scintilla
[name_f]Apollonia[/name_f]
[name_f]Thaddea[/name_f]
Aspasia

1 Like

[name_f]Amethyst[/name_f]
[name_f]Celestia[/name_f]
[name_f]Estella[/name_f]
[name_f]Elvira[/name_f]
[name_u]Amaris[/name_u]
[name_f]Eowyn[/name_f]

1 Like

I’m so happy and relieved at all the positive responses to this aesthetic! It was a pretty big stretch for me, but once I caught the vision, I couldn’t not create it. :blush:

@EagleEyes - Oh my gods, I LOVE [name_f]Topaz[/name_f] for this! [name_f]My[/name_f] other favorites are [name_f]Viridiana[/name_f], [name_f]Galatea[/name_f], [name_f]Io[/name_f], [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f], [name_f]Apollonia[/name_f], [name_f]Soleil[/name_f] (love this!), [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], and [name_f]Astra[/name_f]. I also like [name_f]Estella[/name_f], [name_f]Lucasta[/name_f], [name_u]Lumen[/name_u], [name_m]Altair[/name_m], [name_f]Selene[/name_f], [name_u]Rune[/name_u] (bonus points for word name!), and [name_u]Mars[/name_u].
I love [name_f]Calanthe[/name_f], but for a different aesthetics. And I adore Lunaria - it’s one of my daughter’s middle names!

@eileithyia - Ooh, that’s so interesting! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have a favorite from the sources you read and watched?
I love that you included meanings here. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites from your list are [name_f]Oriana[/name_f], [name_f]Astara[/name_f], [name_f]Asterope[/name_f], [name_f]Esmeray[/name_f] (swoon, that meaning!), and [name_f]Lilith[/name_f].
I also like [name_f]Sahar[/name_f], [name_f]Sadira[/name_f], [name_f]Stellamaris[/name_f], [name_f]Stella[/name_f], Sunila, [name_f]Cynthria[/name_f], [name_f]Liluri[/name_f], and [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f] (bonus points for word name!)
I adore [name_u]Nightingale[/name_u], but I slightly prefer it in masc combos - I have [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_u]Nightingale[/name_u] [name_u]Orion[/name_u] on my list!

@baya44 - Thank you so much! This is a gorgeous list. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Alcmene[/name_f], [name_f]Galatea[/name_f], [name_f]Alastriona[/name_f], Aelita, [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f], [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] (LOVE this here), and [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f].
I also love [name_f]Atalanta[/name_f], [name_f]Odessa[/name_f], [name_f]Corisande[/name_f], Luminara, [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f], Saia, [name_f]Amalthea[/name_f], Aularia, and [name_f]Rhea[/name_f].
I love [name_f]Calanthe[/name_f] and [name_f]Thalassa[/name_f] as well, just for different aesthetics.

@Indilee - Aww! This comment absolutely made my day! It has really become a huge creative outlet for me.
I love [name_u]Dione[/name_u], [name_f]Sapphira[/name_f], and [name_f]Titania[/name_f] for this aesthetic!
I also like [name_f]Alsephina[/name_f], [name_f]Ascella[/name_f], [name_f]Elara[/name_f], Iolite, [name_f]Venus[/name_f].

@Sunniva - I am so full of warm fuzzies right now at your kind words! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
This is a gorgeous list! I’m loving [name_f]Psyche[/name_f], [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f], [name_f]Astraia[/name_f], [name_f]Inanna[/name_f] (LOVE this here), [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] (swooon), [name_f]Fairuza[/name_f] (perfect for this aesthetic), Galateia, [name_f]Lilith[/name_f], [name_f]Electra[/name_f], [name_f]Altalune[/name_f], [name_f]Zinara[/name_f], [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f], [name_u]Nyx[/name_u], and [name_f]Asterope[/name_f].
I also like [name_f]Solara[/name_f], [name_f]Luneth[/name_f], [name_f]Araceli[/name_f], [name_u]Aster[/name_u], [name_f]Dionysia[/name_f], [name_f]Anahita[/name_f], Kalais, Auszrine, Pyronia, Corinthia, Jadzia (I have a trans friend who chose this name for herself!), [name_f]Nephele[/name_f], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], [name_u]Solstice[/name_u] (bonus points for word name!), and [name_f]Ursa[/name_f].
Thank you for these suggestions - the vibe of the whole list definitely resonates with this aesthetic for me!

@Malloryknox - A gorgeous list, and I love that you included meanings! No worries about repeats, I always count them as additional yes votes.
[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Asteria[/name_f], [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f], [name_u]Vega[/name_u], [name_u]Nova[/name_u] (bonus points for word name!), [name_f]Io[/name_f], [name_f]Astraea[/name_f], [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f], [name_f]Astara[/name_f], [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], [name_u]Seren[/name_u], [name_f]Tanith[/name_f], and [name_f]Titania[/name_f].
I also like [name_f]Elara[/name_f], [name_f]Ursa[/name_f], [name_u]Aquila[/name_u], [name_f]Adhara[/name_f], [name_u]Aster[/name_u], [name_f]Eudora[/name_f], and [name_f]Meissa[/name_f].
You definitely have a sense of my style. [name_f]Alcyone[/name_f] and [name_u]Polaris[/name_u] are part of my final combos for previous aesthetics - [name_f]Melusine[/name_f] [name_u]Echo[/name_u] [name_f]Alcyone[/name_f] and [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] [name_u]Polaris[/name_u].

@Greyblue - This was definitely a stretch for me, and I’m glad you like it!
[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites from this list are [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], [name_f]Astra[/name_f], [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f], and [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f].
I also like [name_f]Calliope[/name_f], [name_u]Endellion[/name_u], [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], Persphone, and [name_f]Cleo[/name_f].
Thank you for your suggestions!

@Oblivious_octopus - Another gorgeous list! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Galatea[/name_f], Adrasteia, [name_f]Adrastea[/name_f], [name_u]Fiore[/name_u], [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] (swooon), [name_f]Astoria[/name_f], [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Apollonia[/name_f], and Aspasia.
I also like Lilithia, [name_f]Sefarina[/name_f], [name_u]Nebula[/name_u] (bonus points for word name!), [name_f]Octaviana[/name_f], [name_f]Fiammetta[/name_f], [name_f]Theophania[/name_f], [name_f]Lucasta[/name_f], Zivania, [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f], and [name_f]Zephyrine[/name_f].
I would use [name_f]Hecate[/name_f] in a heartbeat, but we have a rule that we’re not going to name any kiddos after deities that we actively worship, and [name_f]Hecate[/name_f] is one of my partner’s patrons. I’ll still add it to the public list though!

@BronwynParry1 - Thank you for these suggestions! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Amethyst[/name_f] (bonus points for word name!), [name_f]Celestia[/name_f], and [name_f]Estella[/name_f]. I also have [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f] on my shortlist for a different aesthetic.

Thank you all for your feedback! I’m off to update the list! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :purple_heart:

5 Likes

I love the mood board! It’s really striking and bold, but also feels very harmonius and powerful. And the colors are fantastic. Any repeats are seconds!

[name_m]Tarka[/name_m] - wandering as water
[name_u]Starling[/name_u]- a bit soft, but very spacey
[name_u]Taron[/name_u]- rocky hill
[name_m]Neon[/name_m]- a bold choice but could be very cool
[name_u]Echo[/name_u]- really fits this for me
[name_f]Astra[/name_f]- of the stars, so good for this vibe!
[name_u]Aster[/name_u]- star
[name_u]Astor[/name_u]- feels different than aster somehow
[name_u]Calypso[/name_u]- strong woman with mythical roots
[name_f]Circe[/name_f]- another mythical feminist
[name_f]Avalon[/name_f]- a little mythy but might fit
[name_f]Andromeda[/name_f]- of course
[name_u]Nyx[/name_u]- night, goddess
[name_u]Lux[/name_u]- light
[name_m]Knight[/name_m]- or knightley
[name_u]Hero[/name_u]- says it all
[name_u]Ember[/name_u]- glowing
[name_u]Nova[/name_u]- perfect for this vibe
[name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f]- [name_m]Long[/name_m], regal, lots of history
[name_f]Asteria[/name_f]- starlike
[name_f]Electra[/name_f]- electrifying choice
[name_u]Tempest[/name_u]- the woman in the mood board should be names this
[name_f]Arcadia[/name_f]- very neon to me
[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]- again, very neon, very powerful
[name_u]December[/name_u]- more unique month name, cool tones

1 Like

When I first saw the mood board, the name [name_f]Electra[/name_f] came into mind
Other ideas:
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f]
[name_f]Apolline[/name_f]
[name_f]Asteria[/name_f]
[name_u]Neptune[/name_u]
Neptuna
[name_u]Nebula[/name_u]
[name_u]Nova[/name_u]
[name_f]Veda[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Pandora[/name_f]
[name_f]Hera[/name_f]
[name_f]Solene[/name_f]
[name_u]Jupiter[/name_u]
[name_u]Comet[/name_u]
[name_m]Saturn[/name_m]
[name_f]Topaz[/name_f]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_f]Amethyst[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexandria[/name_f]

1 Like

Aaliyah, Mireya, Soraya, Ilana, Elia, Amaryllis, and Lunaria

These are so interesting! I’m not a very visual person and don’t really have strong imagery associations with my favorite names, but I love the way you describe your visions for these name groups and it’s fun to see what people suggest :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Quentin99 - Thank you so much for your feedback on the moodboard! I love hearing your impressions, because - well, you know when you’re creating something, you stare at it for so long that it starts to look different to you - like when you look at a word so long it seems like nonsense. So I reach a point where I’m like, is this good? I don’t even know anymore! Lol
This is a gorgeous list, and I love that you included meanings! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Astra[/name_f], [name_f]Circe[/name_f], [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f], [name_u]Nyx[/name_u], [name_u]Nova[/name_u] (bonus points for word name!), [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f], [name_f]Asteria[/name_f], [name_f]Electra[/name_f], [name_u]Tempest[/name_u] (more bonus points!)
I also like [name_u]Aster[/name_u], [name_u]Calypso[/name_u], [name_u]Ember[/name_u] (I hesitate about using this because of how close it is to [name_f]Amber[/name_f], a really negative personal association for us, but it really does fit the vibe so well!), and [name_f]Arcadia[/name_f].
I’m very intrigued by the idea of [name_m]Neon[/name_m] and [name_u]Hero[/name_u] - more bonus points for word names! They’re not my usual style, but they total fit the aesthetic.
I want to love [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u], and it would be perfect here, but I’ve never been able to really embrace the name.
I love [name_u]Echo[/name_u], and would definitely use it for this if it wasn’t already on my shortlist as part of a different combo. I also love [name_f]Avalon[/name_f], just f or a different aesthetic.

@etoilelumineuse - [name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] list of suggestions! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f], [name_f]Astra[/name_f], [name_f]Apollonia[/name_f], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f], [name_f]Circe[/name_f], [name_f]Gaia[/name_f], [name_f]Io[/name_f], [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], [name_u]Nyx[/name_u], [name_u]Nova[/name_u], [name_u]Vega[/name_u], and [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f].
I also like [name_f]Althea[/name_f], [name_f]Artemisia[/name_f], [name_u]Aquila[/name_u], [name_f]Calliope[/name_f], [name_f]Callisto[/name_f], [name_u]Calypso[/name_u], [name_f]Calytrix[/name_f], [name_f]Celeste[/name_f] (though I have [name_u]Celestin[/name_u] in one of my masc combos), [name_f]Cressida[/name_f], [name_f]Elara[/name_f], [name_f]Estelle[/name_f], [name_f]Leda[/name_f], [name_f]Libra[/name_f], [name_f]Selene[/name_f], [name_u]Seren[/name_u], [name_f]Sidra[/name_f], [name_f]Stella[/name_f], and [name_f]Zorya[/name_f].
I love [name_f]Isolde[/name_f], just for a different aesthetic.

@Strawberry.Bunny - I agree, [name_f]Electra[/name_f] is a very fitting name for this one! [name_f]My[/name_f] other favorites [name_f]Cosima[/name_f], [name_f]Apolline[/name_f], [name_f]Asteria[/name_f], [name_u]Nova[/name_u], [name_f]Veda[/name_f], [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] (LOVE this), [name_f]Solene[/name_f], and [name_f]Topaz[/name_f] (love this here!)
I also like [name_u]Neptune[/name_u], [name_u]Nebula[/name_u], [name_f]Hera[/name_f], [name_u]Jupiter[/name_u], [name_f]Amethyst[/name_f], and [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f].

@findemaxa13 - Soraya!! I don’t know how I forgot about this one! :heart_eyes: I also love [name_f]Ilana[/name_f], [name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f], and of course, Lunaria, which is one of my daughter’s names.
I love hearing your perspective on the moodboards and descriptions! I’m such a visually oriented person, and it’s fascinating to think about what my experience would be like if I wasn’t motivated to choose names based on the images they evoke in me. How do you decide your favorites - sound, meaning, sentimental connection, something else…?

1 Like

Oh wow, this is giving me major [name_m]Steven[/name_m] Universe vibes! Futuristic vibes too, with a touch of sci-fi. The first names I thought of was Galaxy/Galaxia, [name_u]Nebula[/name_u] and [name_f]Electra[/name_f], then all the gem names from [name_m]Steven[/name_m] Universe (which is a really good animated tv-series). In addition to that I also thought of general space related names, like most people seem to have done as well. This time there’s also a lot of names from different countries around the world, since so many languages have names relating to outer space! :milky_way::stars:
Your mention of goddesses made me think of goddesses in various mythologies so they ended up on the list. I could also not stop myself from adding futuristic-sounding names, although they may be a bit weird and perhaps not your style.

And I’m sorry for such a massive list, I guess I got carried away again… looking up all the moons etc… please don’t feel that you have to give your opinion on every single name since it’s… well, a lot. Hopefully not too overwhelming or tiresome to read :heart:

Adhafera (Arabic, name of a star)
[name_f]Adhara[/name_f] (Arabic, “maidens”, name of a star)
[name_f]Adrastea[/name_f] (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_f]Adrina[/name_f] (Persian, “flaming lights”)
[name_f]Aelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Agate[/name_f] (a gem)
Agena (name of a star)
Agnimitra (Indian, “friend of fire”)
[name_f]Aidana[/name_f] (Kazakh, “moon wise”)
Aigerim (Kazakh, “wonderful moon”)
[name_f]Ainara[/name_f] (Kazakh, “moon fire”)
[name_f]Aitne[/name_f] (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_u]Aletris[/name_u] (word name)
Alexandrite (a gem)
[name_f]Alhena[/name_f] (Arabic, name of a star)
[name_f]Alsephina[/name_f] (Arabic, “the ship”, name of a star)
Altaluna (Italian, “sublime moon”)
Aludra (Arabic, “the maiden”, name of a star)
[name_f]Amalthea[/name_f] (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_f]Andromeda[/name_f] (name of a constellation and a galaxy)
[name_f]Aquilina[/name_f]
[name_u]Artemis[/name_u] (Greek mythology, goddess of the moon and hunting)
[name_u]Aster[/name_u] / [name_f]Astra[/name_f] (name of a flower, “star”)
[name_f]Asteria[/name_f] (Greek mythology, “starred, starry”)
[name_f]Astraea[/name_f] / [name_f]Astraia[/name_f] (Greek mythology, “star”, goddess of justice and innocence, became constellation Virgo)
Astilbe / Astilbee (name of a flower, futuristic sounding name to me)
[name_f]Amethyst[/name_f] (a gem)
Ananke (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_f]Anthe[/name_f] (a moon of planet Saturn)
Aoede (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_u]Ariel[/name_u] (a moon of planet Uranus)
[name_f]Arista[/name_f] (name of a star)
[name_f]Artemisia[/name_f] (a variant of Artemis)
[name_f]Ascella[/name_f] (name of a star)
[name_f]Astarte[/name_f] (Semitic mythology, goddess of love, fertility and war)
Atira (Pawnee mythology, goddess of the earth)
[name_f]Atria[/name_f] (name of a star)
[name_f]Aurea[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] / [name_f]Aureliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Auria[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] (Roman mythology, “dawn”, goddess of the morning)
Auszrine (Baltic mythology, “auroral; pertaining to the dawn”, goddess of the morning star)
Auxilia
Avaritia (“avarice”, futuristic sounding name to me, although the meaning and association is bad)
Auva (name of a star)
Ayaru (Kazakh, “moon beauty”)
[name_f]Ayelet[/name_f] (Hebrew, “gazelle of dawn”, name of the morning star)
[name_f]Aylin[/name_f] (Turkish, “of the moon”)
Aynur (Turkish, “moon light”)
[name_f]Aysima[/name_f] (Turkish, “moon face”)
Azurite (a gem)
[name_f]Belinda[/name_f] (a moon of planet Uranus)
[name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] (name of a star)
[name_f]Bellona[/name_f] (Roman mythology, “to fight”, goddess of war)
Bestla (a moon of planet [name_m]Saturn[/name_m], from Norse mythology :raising_hand_woman:)
[name_f]Bianca[/name_f] (a moon of planet Uranus)
[name_f]Boudicca[/name_f] (Ancient Celtic, “victory”, the name of a 1st-century queen of a Celtic tribe)
Caelestia / [name_f]Celestia[/name_f]
[name_f]Callirrhoe[/name_f] (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_f]Callisto[/name_f] (“most beautiful”, a moon of planet Jupiter) / [name_f]Calixta[/name_f] (the ~futuristic~ spelling)
[name_u]Calypso[/name_u] (a moon of planet Saturn)
Carme (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_f]Capella[/name_f] (name of a star)
[name_f]Cassiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] (name of a constellation)
[name_f]Ceres[/name_f] (name of a dwarf planet)
[name_u]Cobalt[/name_u] (word/color name)
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] (a moon of planet Uranus)
[name_f]Cosmina[/name_f] (futuristic sounding name to me, makes me think of the word cosmos too)
[name_f]Chandra[/name_f] (Indian, “moon”)
[name_f]Crescentia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] (a moon of planet Uranus)
Cyllene (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_f]Danica[/name_f] (Slavic, “morning star, Venus”)
[name_f]Davida[/name_f] (name of an asteroid)
[name_f]Desdemona[/name_f] (a moon of planet Uranus)
[name_f]Desideria[/name_f]
[name_f]Despina[/name_f] (a moon of planet Neptune)
[name_f]Destiny[/name_f] (word name)
[name_f]Dia[/name_f] (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_f]Dilay[/name_f] (Turkish, “beautiful moon”)
[name_u]Dione[/name_u] (a moon of planet Saturn)
Eclipse (word name)
[name_f]Eileithyia[/name_f] / [name_f]Ilithyia[/name_f] (Greek mythology, goddess of childbirth and midwifery. A mountain on planet [name_f]Venus[/name_f] is named after her)
[name_f]Eirene[/name_f] (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_f]Elara[/name_f] (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_f]Electra[/name_f] (Greek mythology, “amber”, the name of one of the Pleiades)
[name_f]Elissa[/name_f] (Roman mythology, queen of Carthage)
Eltanin (name of a star)
Emberlei (futuristic sounding name to me)
Emphyria (futuristic sounding name to me)
[name_f]Eostre[/name_f] / [name_f]Ostara[/name_f] (Anglo-Saxon/Germanic mythology, goddess of fertility)
Erendiz (Turkish, a word for planet Jupiter)
Eridani (name of a star)
Erinome (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_u]Eris[/name_u] (name of a dwarf planet)
[name_f]Ersa[/name_f] (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_f]Esmeray[/name_f] (Turkish, “dark moon”)
Euanthe (a moon of planet Jupiter)
Eukelade (a moon of planet Jupiter)
Eunomia (name of an asteroid)
Eupheme (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_f]Euporia[/name_f] / Euporie (a moon of planet Jupiter)
Euphrosyne (name of an asteroid)
[name_f]Eupraxia[/name_f] (futuristic sounding name to me)
Eurielle (futuristic sounding name to me)
[name_f]Europa[/name_f] (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_f]Eurydome[/name_f] (a moon of planet Jupiter)
Feray (Turkish, “radiance of the moon”)
Ferocina
[name_f]Fiamma[/name_f] / [name_f]Fiametta[/name_f] (Italian, “flame”)
Galactica (from the word galactic, “relating to a galaxy or galaxies”)
[name_f]Galatea[/name_f] (a moon of planet Neptune)
[name_u]Galaxy[/name_u] / [name_f]Galaxia[/name_f] (word name)
[name_u]Garnet[/name_u] (a gem)
[name_f]Gravity[/name_f] (word name)
Halimede (a moon of planet Neptune)
Harpalyke (a moon of planet Jupiter)
Hati (a moon of planet [name_m]Saturn[/name_m], from Norse mythology :raising_hand_woman:)
Hegemone (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_f]Helene[/name_f] (a moon of planet Saturn)
Helike (a moon of planet Jupiter)
Herculina (name of an asteroid)
Hermippe (a moon of planet Jupiter)
Herse (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_f]Hesperia[/name_f] / Hesperis / [name_f]Hespera[/name_f] (Greek mythology, “evening”, personification of the [name_f]Evening[/name_f] Star)
[name_f]Hilda[/name_f] (name of an asteroid)
Himalia (a moon of planet Jupiter)
Hygiea (name of an asteroid)
Ilmatar (Finnish mythology, goddess of the heavens)
[name_f]Ilta[/name_f] (Finnish, “evening”)
[name_f]Illuminata[/name_f] / Illuminate
[name_f]Inanna[/name_f] (Sumerian mythology, “lady of the heavens”, goddess of love, fertility and war)
[name_u]Indigo[/name_u] (word/color name)
Indrani (Indian, Hindu fertility goddess)
Indumathi (Indian, “full moon”)
Interamnia (name of an asteroid)
[name_f]Invidia[/name_f] (“envy”, futuristic sounding name to me, although the meaning and association is bad)
[name_f]Io[/name_f] (a moon of planet Jupiter)
Iocaste (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_f]Ishtar[/name_f] (Semitic mythology, goddess of love, fertility and war)
Isonoe (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_f]Ixchel[/name_f] (Mayan mythology, “rainbow lady”, goddess of the earth, the moon, and medicine)
Jacira (Tupi, “honey moon”)
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] (a moon of planet Uranus)
[name_f]Juno[/name_f] (name of an asteroid)
Kallichore (a moon of planet Jupiter)
Kalyke (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_f]Kore[/name_f] (a moon of planet Jupiter)
Laomedeia (a moon of planet Neptune)
[name_f]Lapis[/name_f] [name_u]Lazuli[/name_u] (a gem)
[name_f]Larissa[/name_f] (a moon of planet Neptune)
Lavulite (a gem)
[name_f]Leda[/name_f] (a moon of planet Jupiter)
Licinia
[name_f]Lilium[/name_f] (a genus of flowers, lillies, futuristic~ sounding)
[name_f]Litha[/name_f] (a star seed, midsummer witch :wink:)
Lithodora (a genus of flowering plants, futuristic~ sounding)
[name_f]Luna[/name_f] (Roman mythology, “the moon”, goddess of the moon)
Luscinia (Roman mythology, “nightingale”)
[name_f]Lusine[/name_f] (Armenian, “moon”)
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] (name of a constellation)
[name_f]Lysithea[/name_f] (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_f]Mab[/name_f] (a moon of planet Uranus)
[name_f]Magenta[/name_f] (word/color name)
[name_f]Maia[/name_f] (Greek mythology, “good mother”, the name of one of the Pleiades)
[name_f]Maxima[/name_f]
[name_f]Medea[/name_f] / [name_f]Medeia[/name_f] (Greek mythology, a sorceress)
[name_f]Meissa[/name_f] (“shining, glittering”, the name of a star)
[name_f]Messalina[/name_f]
Meteorite (word name)
Methone (a moon of planet Saturn)
[name_f]Metis[/name_f] (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_u]Meztli[/name_u] (Nahuatl, “moon”, god/goddess of the moon in Aztec mythology)
Minelauva (Arabic, name of a star)
Mirana (“world peace”, in my imagination she’s a space princess lol)
[name_f]Miranda[/name_f] (a moon of planet Uranus)
Mirielis (“to admire”, variant of Mireille)
Mneme (a moon of planet Jupiter)
Myrielle (“to admire”, variant of Mireille)
[name_f]Nashira[/name_f] (Arabic, “the lucky one”, name of a star)
Nattlys (Norwegian, “tree primrose”. Not space related per se, but the word “nattlys” literally translates to “night light”)
[name_u]Nebula[/name_u] (word name)
Nephrite (a gem)
Nephthys (Egyptian mythology, “lady of the house”, goddess of the air, death and mourning)
Ninsianna (Sumerian mythology, goddess of planet Venus)
Ninisinna (Mesopotamian mythology, goddess of health and healing; a divine physician)
Ninmah (Sumer-Akkadian mother goddess)
Ninox (a genus of owls, and sounds like a futuristic name to me lol)
Noctiluca (Roman mythology, “something that shines by night”)
[name_f]Nuray[/name_f] (Turkish, “bright moon”)
[name_u]Nyx[/name_u] (Greek mythology, “night”, goddess of the night)
Onyxia (derived from the word and precious stone [name_u]Onyx[/name_u], and sounds futuristic to me)
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] (a moon of planet Uranus)
Orthosie (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_f]Ourania[/name_f] (Greek mythology, “heavenly”, goddess of astronomy and astrology)
[name_f]Ovidia[/name_f]
[name_f]Pallas[/name_f] (name of an asteroid)
Pallene (a moon of planet Saturn)
Pandia (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_f]Pandora[/name_f] (a moon of planet Saturn)
Pasiphae (a moon of planet Jupiter)
Pasithee (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_f]Perdita[/name_f] (a moon of planet Uranus)
[name_f]Peridot[/name_f] (a gem)
Perseids (a meteor shower)
[name_f]Philophrosyne[/name_f] (a moon of planet Jupiter)
Phlox (species of flowering plants, and looks/sounds futuristic to me)
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] (a moon of planet Saturn)
Photina (“light”)
Polana (name of an asteroid)
[name_u]Polaris[/name_u] (“pole star”, the [name_u]North[/name_u] Star)
[name_f]Polexia[/name_f] (futuristic looking/sounding name to me)
[name_f]Portia[/name_f] (a moon of planet Uranus)
Praxidike (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_f]Prisca[/name_f]
Prisma (word name)
Psamathe (a moon of planet Neptune)
[name_f]Psyche[/name_f] (name of an asteroid)
Pulcheria
Purnima (Indian, “full moon”)
[name_f]Rhea[/name_f] (a moon of planet Saturn)
Rhodonite (a gem)
[name_u]Rogue[/name_u] (word name)
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] (a moon of planet Uranus)
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] (a gem)
[name_f]Sagitta[/name_f] (name of a constellation)
[name_f]Salacia[/name_f] (name of a dwarf planet)
[name_f]Sapphire[/name_f] (a gem)
[name_f]Saraswati[/name_f] (Indian, “possessing water”, Hindu goddess of rivers, learning and the arts)
Sasithorn (Thai, “the moon”, with the possibility of the cute nickname Sasi!)
Saturnina
[name_f]Sedna[/name_f] (name of a dwarf planet)
Sekhmet (Egyptian mythology, “the powerful”, goddess of war and healing)
[name_f]Selene[/name_f] (Greek mythology, “moon”, goddess of the moon)
[name_f]Sephira[/name_f] (variant of [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f], and looks kinda futuristic to me)
Seraphia
[name_f]Silja[/name_f] (Finnish form of [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], I think it looks and sounds otherworldly to non-Finns)
Sinope (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_f]Skadi[/name_f] (a moon of planet [name_m]Saturn[/name_m], from Norse mythology :raising_hand_woman:)
Solie / Soili (Finnish, “glimmer, blaze”)
Sophrosyne (Greek mythology, “moderation, self-control, restraint”, one of the good spirits in Pandora’s box)
Stelara / Stellara (“constellation”)
Strelitzia (a genus of perennial plants, reminds me of the word star for some reason)
Symphora
[name_f]Talitha[/name_f] (word name, “little girl”)
[name_f]Tanith[/name_f] (Semitic mythology, “serpent lady”, goddess of love, fertility, the moon and the stars)
[name_f]Tara[/name_f] (Indian, “star”, Hindu astral goddess)
[name_f]Tatia[/name_f]
Taygete (a moon of planet Jupiter)
Telesto (a moon of planet Saturn)
Tethys (a moon of planet Saturn)
[name_f]Thalassa[/name_f] (a moon of planet Neptune)
[name_f]Thebe[/name_f] (a moon of planet Jupiter)
Themisto (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_f]Thelxinoe[/name_f] (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_f]Thisbe[/name_f]
Thurayya (or variants; [name_f]Soraya[/name_f], [name_f]Suraya[/name_f], [name_f]Soraia[/name_f]. Arabic, “the Pleiades”)
Thyone (a moon of planet Jupiter)
[name_f]Titania[/name_f] (a moon of planet Uranus)
[name_f]Topaz[/name_f] (a gem)
[name_f]Trinity[/name_f] (word name)
[name_f]Ursa[/name_f] (name of two constellations in the northern sky: [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_m]Major[/name_m] and [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] Minor)
[name_m]Varuna[/name_m] (name of a possible dwarf planet)
[name_u]Vega[/name_u] (name of a star)
[name_f]Vela[/name_f] (name of a constellation)
[name_f]Venera[/name_f] (variant of Venus)
Verissima
[name_f]Vesta[/name_f] (Roman mythology, “hearth, fireside”, goddess of the hearth and home. Also the name of an asteroid)
[name_f]Vespera[/name_f] (“of the evening”, from the name Vesper)
[name_f]Viatrix[/name_f] (“voyager, traveller”)
Vindemiatrix (name of a star)
Volusa / Volusia
Wisandria (futuristic sounding name to me)
[name_f]Wisteria[/name_f] (word/color name)
[name_f]Zaniah[/name_f] (name of a star)
[name_f]Zaria[/name_f] (Russian, “dawn, daybreak”)
Zemina (Lithuanian mythology, goddess of the earth and fertility)
[name_u]Zenith[/name_u] (word name)
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] (gives me futuristic vibes for some reason, like I could imagine a space queen and/or warrior with this name)
Zisa / Cisa (Germanic mythology, goddess of fertility)
Zornitsa (Bulgarian, “morning star”)
[name_f]Zosma[/name_f] (name of a star)

2 Likes

@ShaniaLiz - Oh my stars!! [name_m]Even[/name_m] knowing you blow me away every time, I still think this list is the best one yet! :star_struck: Never once have your collections / suggestions been tiresome - quite the opposite!

Also, I love that this aesthetic gives you [name_m]Steven[/name_m] Universe vibes, because that is one of my favorite shows of all time. [name_m]Steven[/name_m] is like someone took my beating heart out of my chest and turned it into a cartoon character.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites this time around are [name_f]Adrastea[/name_f], [name_f]Altalune[/name_f], [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f], [name_u]Aster[/name_u] (one of my final mn options for this aesthetic), [name_f]Asteria[/name_f], [name_f]Astraea[/name_f], [name_f]Astraia[/name_f], Ananke, [name_f]Astarte[/name_f] (I have been IN LOVE with this name for decades), [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], [name_f]Ayelet[/name_f] (so rare to find Hebrew names I love that aren’t overtly religious! I’m always on the lookout for these because one of my partners is Ashkenazi Jewish), [name_f]Bianca[/name_f], [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f], [name_u]Cobalt[/name_u] (ooh gorgeous idea!), [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_f]Crescentia[/name_f], [name_f]Desideria[/name_f], [name_f]Eirene[/name_f], [name_f]Electra[/name_f], [name_f]Eostre[/name_f], Eridani, Ferocina, [name_f]Inanna[/name_f], [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] (love this here), [name_f]Ishtar[/name_f], [name_f]Lysithea[/name_f], Noctiluca (gorgeous find!!), [name_f]Ostara[/name_f], [name_f]Pandora[/name_f], Phlox (another great find!!), Psamathe, [name_f]Psyche[/name_f], Sasithorn (stunning!!!), Sekhmet, [name_f]Serafina[/name_f] (normally, I prefer the [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] spelling, but for this aesthetic, I’m going with the HDM spelling), [name_f]Skadi[/name_f] (I can’t use this, because she’s one of my primary deities, but oh how I adore the name!!), [name_f]Soraya[/name_f] (swoooon), [name_f]Tanith[/name_f], [name_f]Titania[/name_f], [name_f]Topaz[/name_f], and [name_u]Zenith[/name_u].

I also like [name_f]Aelia[/name_f], [name_f]Aitne[/name_f], [name_f]Alhena[/name_f], [name_f]Amalthea[/name_f], [name_f]Arista[/name_f], [name_f]Aurea[/name_f], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] (I love this but cannot use it), Azurite, [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Celestia[/name_f], [name_f]Callisto[/name_f], [name_f]Cassiana[/name_f], [name_f]Ceres[/name_f], [name_f]Cosmina[/name_f], [name_f]Cressida[/name_f], [name_u]Dione[/name_u], Eclipse, [name_f]Eileithyia[/name_f], [name_f]Elara[/name_f], [name_f]Elissa[/name_f], Eltanin, [name_f]Esmeray[/name_f], [name_f]Ersa[/name_f], Eupheme, Feray, [name_f]Fiamma[/name_f], [name_f]Fiammetta[/name_f], Galactica, [name_f]Galatea[/name_f], [name_u]Galaxy[/name_u], [name_u]Garnet[/name_u], Hati, Helike, Ilmatar, [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Kore[/name_f], Laomedeia, [name_f]Leda[/name_f], [name_f]Luna[/name_f] (but cannot use it), Luscinia, [name_f]Lusine[/name_f], [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], [name_f]Nashira[/name_f], [name_u]Nebula[/name_u], Nephthys, Ninsianna, Ninox, [name_u]Nyx[/name_u], Pasiphae, [name_f]Peridot[/name_f], [name_f]Philophrosyne[/name_f], Prisma, [name_f]Rhea[/name_f], [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f], [name_f]Saraswati[/name_f] (love but cannot use), Saturnina, [name_f]Selene[/name_f], [name_f]Sephira[/name_f], [name_f]Silja[/name_f] (great for us, because my other partner is Finnish), Sophrosyne, Stallara, [name_f]Thebe[/name_f], Thyone (the meaning is so amazing), [name_f]Trinity[/name_f] (pros: The [name_u]Matrix[/name_u]! cons: so closely associated with Christianity…), [name_f]Ursa[/name_f], [name_f]Vesta[/name_f], and [name_f]Zaria[/name_f] (pretty, but unusable for me).

Some of these I love the meanings but don’t care for the name itself - [name_f]Aidana[/name_f], Auszrine, [name_f]Aylin[/name_f] / Aynur / [name_f]Aysima[/name_f], [name_f]Boudicca[/name_f], [name_f]Callirrhoe[/name_f], [name_f]Danica[/name_f], [name_f]Davida[/name_f], [name_f]Dilay[/name_f], [name_f]Hespera[/name_f], Indumathi, [name_f]Meissa[/name_f] (very pretty but so close to Melissa), [name_f]Metis[/name_f], Mirana, [name_f]Nuray[/name_f], [name_f]Pallas[/name_f], Pasithee, [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Salacia[/name_f], [name_f]Tara[/name_f], [name_u]Vega[/name_u], [name_f]Vela[/name_f], [name_f]Vespera[/name_f], [name_f]Viatrix[/name_f], and Zemina (fairy queen!).

Then there are the names that I absolutely love the sound and look, but the meaning or associations are a dealbreaker - [name_f]Adhara[/name_f] (virgin), [name_u]Aletris[/name_u] (a slave who grinds corn), [name_f]Ascella[/name_f] (armpit :woman_facepalming: ), Avaritia, [name_f]Desdemona[/name_f] (I love EVERYTHING else about this name, but I’m way too pagan to name a child “ill-fated”), [name_f]Europa[/name_f] (wide face), Indrani (wife of [name_u]Indra[/name_u] - not bad, just…reductive), [name_f]Invidia[/name_f] (she’s one of the antagonists in a favorite book series, Codex Alera), [name_f]Io[/name_f] (love this so much, but the myth is so problematic), [name_f]Mab[/name_f] (baby), Nephrite (this name took me on SUCH a rollercoaster. As soon I saw it, I fell so hard for the look and sound and nostalgia for [name_u]Sailor[/name_u] [name_f]Moon[/name_f]! Then I looked it up and found it means “kidney stone,” presumably because it was believed to cure kidney ailments? At any rate, I almost died earlier this year from gallstone pancreatitis, so that association did not spark joy! I fell out of love just as fast.), Tethys (grandmother - not bad, but not inspiring), and [name_f]Zosma[/name_f] (girdle - but that’s okay, because Zosime, the first name I chose for this combo, means “survivor!” :heart_eyes:)

I also love some for other aesthetics, such as Astilbe, [name_f]Artemisia[/name_f], Euphrosyne, [name_f]Lilium[/name_f], [name_f]Litha[/name_f], Lithodora, [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], [name_u]Polaris[/name_u] (my [name_f]Starlight[/name_f] [name_u]Sailor[/name_u] combo is [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] Polaris), [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], [name_f]Thalassa[/name_f], [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] (my Sweet [name_f]Summer[/name_f] Child combo is [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] Marigold), and [name_f]Wisteria[/name_f].

Thank you again for all the time and effort you put into these fantastic lists of yours!! :purple_heart: :hugs: :purple_heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much! :two_hearts: It’s always fun to hear your opinion! I’m glad you like so many of the names too (especially Phlox, Ninox and Noctiluca because I always get told that they are weird (and odd they may be, but I like them anyway, sort of GP for me I guess)).

I’m always happy to meet another Steven Universe fan, and how much you identify with him is very sweet.

Also good to know that you can choose both Hebrew and Finnish names in addition to English, I will remember that for future lists! :wink: And Skadi! I don’t think I’ve ever heard of her being a deity that people worship nowadays, exciting to hear that a Nordic goddess is still relevant! With Trinity, I thought of The Matrix and not Christianity, but you are absolutely right that people probably think of the Holy Trinity rather than The Matrix.

I’m so sorry to hear that you suffered (and almost died!) from gallstone pancreatitis, it must have been very hard and frightening to go through, and I’m glad you survived! :heart:

Lastly, I love the combo Caspian Sparrow Polaris! :star_struck:

1 Like

[name_f]Galilea[/name_f]
[name_u]Atlas[/name_u]
[name_f]Aviva[/name_f]
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_u]Kaye[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_f]Galatea[/name_f]
[name_f]Galilee[/name_f]
[name_f]Andromeda[/name_f]