Names for an Iridescent Siren {moodboard}

Time for another LavenderWitch aesthetic!

Recap

I was having a really difficult time with my name lists in the wake of naming my first child, until I was inspired by a rash of aesthetic posts and moodboard threads to think about my names in a new way. I have a touch of synesthesia, so there are always colors and imagery associated with my favorite names. I switched from trying to organize my existing lists to gathering new lists of names, grouped together by the overall aesthetic I was looking for. This approach totally worked, and for the first time ever, I actually finished a top ten list!

My original goal was to do ten masc and ten femme moodboards to collect names and create a final combo for each aesthetic. I finished all the masc boards, and this will be my second femme moodboard!

I’m calling this one Iridescent Siren. Names in this category are mermaids and naiads, sea nymphs and river spirits, Nereids, Oceanids, and mysterious Atlanteans. Colors and textures are seafoam, aquamarine, and cerulean; pearlescent ivory, seashell pink, and shimmering lavender; sunbeams slanting through underwater depths; cotton candy jellyfish floating in ethereal clouds; shipwrecks clustered with barnacles and coral; the bright flash of light reflecting off shimmering scales; the foamy crash of waves turned pink and purple by the setting sun; inhuman shapes moving in the deep; ripples of refracted light dancing along the seafloor; the haunting lullaby of whale song; and mounds upon mounds of shimmering, iridescent treasures - opal and abalone, nacre and sea glass, pearl and moonstone.

Moodboard

I am super excited to share this one with you all. Of all the aesthetics I’ve made thus far, this one is definitely my favorite, and the most “me,” if that makes sense. I can’t wait to see what you’re inspired to come up with! (As always, I’ll be adding my favorites to a public list as we go.)

So! What would you name an Iridescent Siren?

Previous Aesthetics:

Masc
Femme
6 Likes

This is gorgeous!!

Some names that came to mind:

[name_f]Seraphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Idalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Selene[/name_f]
[name_f]Zora[/name_f]
[name_f]Izora[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Araminta[/name_f]
Calanthia
[name_f]Demetria[/name_f]
[name_f]Astoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Veridiana[/name_f]
Melesina
[name_f]Philomena[/name_f]
[name_f]Viveca[/name_f]

3 Likes

Some ideas:
[name_f]Medusa[/name_f]
[name_f]Syrena[/name_f] / [name_f]Sirena[/name_f]
Silena
[name_m]Aramis[/name_m]
[name_f]Nerissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Maia[/name_f]
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Kaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Elpida[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwyneira[/name_f]
Nymeria
[name_f]Oriana[/name_f]
[name_f]Irina[/name_f]
Irissia
[name_f]Iridessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_u]Damaris[/name_u]
[name_f]Thalassa[/name_f]
[name_f]Proserpina[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursula[/name_f] / [name_f]Ursa[/name_f]
[name_f]Oona[/name_f]
[name_f]Stellaluna[/name_f]
[name_f]Marina[/name_f]
[name_f]Vasilisa[/name_f] / Vasilina / Vasilika / [name_f]Vasiliki[/name_f]
[name_f]Titania[/name_f]
[name_f]Laelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Nuria[/name_f]
Melusina
[name_f]Elysia[/name_f]
[name_f]Camilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosaline[/name_f] / [name_f]Rosalina[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Dulcinea[/name_f]
[name_f]Philomela[/name_f] / [name_f]Philomena[/name_f]
[name_f]Demelza[/name_f]
[name_f]Eilonwy[/name_f]
[name_f]Ambrosia[/name_f]
Altaluna
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Noemi[/name_f]
[name_f]Nimue[/name_f]
[name_f]Zelda[/name_f]
[name_f]Zelena[/name_f]
[name_f]Zaina[/name_f]
[name_f]Ezora[/name_f]
Sephima
[name_f]Eliora[/name_f]
[name_f]Melora[/name_f] / [name_f]Meliora[/name_f]
Lunafreya
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_u]Nova[/name_u]
[name_f]Alta[/name_f]
[name_f]Alba[/name_f]
[name_u]Alma[/name_u]
[name_u]Calypso[/name_u]
[name_f]Circe[/name_f]
[name_f]Medea[/name_f] / Madea
[name_f]Galilea[/name_f]
[name_f]Asteria[/name_f]
[name_f]Galatea[/name_f]
Asphodel
[name_f]Briseida[/name_f]
[name_f]Melosa[/name_f]
[name_f]Amarantha[/name_f]
Aphridite
[name_f]Amphitrite[/name_f]
[name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]
Tristessa
Queniva
Persephoneia
[name_f]Evolet[/name_f]
[name_f]Azenor[/name_f]
[name_f]Vespertine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ysella[/name_f]
[name_f]Aella[/name_f]
Hylla
Scylla
[name_f]Noella[/name_f]
Caelia
[name_u]Nori[/name_u]
[name_f]Callisto[/name_f] / [name_m]Calixto[/name_m]
[name_f]Polyhymnia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhea[/name_f]
[name_f]Selene[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassiane[/name_f] / [name_f]Kassiani[/name_f]
Ismena / [name_f]Ismene[/name_f]
Coventia / Coventina
Feyre
[name_f]Penthesilea[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f]
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
[name_f]Ardith[/name_f]
[name_f]Edythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Marianne[/name_f]
[name_f]Winnie[/name_f]
Lunaria
Solaria
[name_f]Zerynthia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ariadna[/name_f]
[name_f]Helen[/name_f] / [name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Orinthia[/name_f]
[name_f]Odette[/name_f]
Asterin
[name_f]Eadlin[/name_f]
[name_f]Loire[/name_f]
[name_f]Margalo[/name_f]
Kosmina
[name_f]Bettina[/name_f]
[name_f]Hersilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Semiramis[/name_f]
[name_f]Asherah[/name_f]
[name_f]Atarah[/name_f]
Carafina
[name_f]Farah[/name_f]
[name_f]Karah[/name_f]
[name_f]Elswyth[/name_f]
[name_m]Kelyn[/name_m]
[name_f]Laudine[/name_f]
[name_f]Morgana[/name_f] / [name_f]Morgaine[/name_f] / [name_f]Morgance[/name_f]
Nimiane
Niniane
[name_m]Terrence[/name_m]
[name_f]Zerelda[/name_f]
[name_f]Ismeria[/name_f]
Katerin / [name_f]Katryn[/name_f]
[name_f]Laguna[/name_f]
[name_f]Paloma[/name_f]
[name_f]Opaline[/name_f]
[name_f]Liliosa[/name_f] / [name_f]Lileas[/name_f]

2 Likes

[name_f]Alura[/name_f]
[name_f]Andora[/name_f]
[name_f]Anissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Aphra[/name_f]
[name_f]Ariella[/name_f]
[name_f]Arista[/name_f]
[name_f]Aristella[/name_f]
[name_f]Asteria[/name_f]
[name_f]Astra[/name_f]
[name_f]Astraea[/name_f]
[name_f]Azura[/name_f]
Bellamira
Bellicent
Belvidera
[name_f]Calista[/name_f]
[name_f]Callisto[/name_f]
[name_u]Calypso[/name_u]
[name_f]Calytrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Cantara[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]
[name_u]Cataleya[/name_u]
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Chantrelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Coral[/name_f]
[name_f]Corisande[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleora[/name_f]
[name_f]Crescentia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphi[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Delyth[/name_f]
[name_u]Echo[/name_u]
[name_f]Elara[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodia[/name_f]
Elyria
[name_f]Emori[/name_f] (“Eh-MORE-ee”)
[name_f]Enna[/name_f]
[name_f]Eska[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Evaluna[/name_f]
[name_f]Finella[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Gelsey[/name_f]
[name_f]Gelsomina[/name_f]
[name_f]Hesperia[/name_f]
Illaria
[name_f]Illyria[/name_f]
[name_f]Irena[/name_f]
[name_f]Isaura[/name_f]
[name_f]Isaure[/name_f]
[name_u]Jupiter[/name_u]
[name_f]Kalinda[/name_f]
[name_f]Karissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Kyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Laguna[/name_f]
[name_f]Laverne[/name_f]
[name_f]Leda[/name_f]
[name_f]Lenore[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucasta[/name_f]
[name_f]Lumina[/name_f]
[name_f]Lunika[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Lysandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Lystra[/name_f]
[name_f]Maelys[/name_f]
[name_f]Mara[/name_f]
[name_f]Marina[/name_f]
[name_f]Mariana[/name_f]
[name_f]Margalo[/name_f]
[name_f]Melody[/name_f]
Meridia
[name_f]Merla[/name_f]
[name_f]Monet[/name_f]
[name_f]Muriel[/name_f]
[name_f]Nadine[/name_f]
[name_f]Nadia[/name_f]
[name_f]Naida[/name_f]
[name_f]Nereida[/name_f]
[name_f]Nerissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Nerys[/name_f]
Nilsa
[name_f]Nix[/name_f]
[name_f]Nixie[/name_f]
[name_u]Nori[/name_u]
[name_f]Nyla[/name_f]
[name_f]Oceana[/name_f]
[name_f]Odessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Ofira[/name_f]
[name_f]Oona[/name_f]
[name_f]Ondine[/name_f]
[name_f]Orestina[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearla[/name_f]
[name_u]Phaedra[/name_u]
[name_f]Querida[/name_f]
[name_f]Reyna[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f]
[name_f]Riva[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabine[/name_f]
[name_f]Selene[/name_f]
[name_f]Selka[/name_f]
[name_f]Serafina[/name_f]
[name_f]Sheena[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvana[/name_f]
[name_f]Tauriel[/name_f]
[name_f]Theora[/name_f]
[name_f]Tressa[/name_f]
[name_m]Tyrell[/name_m]
Ursaline
[name_f]Venus[/name_f]
[name_f]Veridiana[/name_f]
Vesperina
[name_u]Vida[/name_u]
[name_f]Zafrina[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoraida[/name_f]

1 Like

@etoilelumineuse - Thank you so much! I’m glad they speak to you!
From your list, I’m swooning over [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f], [name_f]Ondine[/name_f], [name_f]Nerissa[/name_f], [name_f]Oceane[/name_f], and [name_f]Thalassa[/name_f].
I’m also liking [name_f]Nixie[/name_f], [name_f]Stellamaris[/name_f], [name_f]Nerida[/name_f], and [name_f]Anahita[/name_f].
And I adore that you suggested [name_f]Nimue[/name_f], because that’s my daughter’s name!
(P.S. I think your username is so gorgeous!)

@baya44 - Thank you! I’m so happy with how it turned out.
[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites from your suggestions are [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] (so in love with this name), [name_f]Selene[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f] (swoon), [name_f]Araminta[/name_f], and [name_f]Astoria[/name_f] (so beautiful, and how perfect is [name_u]Story[/name_u] as a nickname?), and I’m liking [name_f]Veridiana[/name_f] and Melesina as well.
I also like Calanthia and Philomena; I just think they have different aesthetics for me.

@GreenEyes375 - Oh my stars, what a fantastic list! :heart_eyes: [name_f]My[/name_f] absolute favorites are [name_f]Nerissa[/name_f], [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] (been on my list for ages), [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_f]Iridessa[/name_f] (gorgeous!), [name_f]Thalassa[/name_f], [name_f]Oona[/name_f], [name_f]Stellaluna[/name_f], [name_f]Melusine[/name_f] (swoooon!), Altaluna, [name_f]Circe[/name_f], [name_f]Asteria[/name_f], Asphodel, Tristessa (so pretty!), [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], Scylla, [name_f]Selene[/name_f], [name_f]Penthesilea[/name_f], [name_f]Orinthia[/name_f], [name_f]Odette[/name_f] (so evocative!), [name_f]Loire[/name_f], [name_f]Asherah[/name_f], [name_f]Ismeria[/name_f], and [name_f]Opaline[/name_f].
I’m also liking [name_f]Syrena[/name_f], [name_m]Aramis[/name_m], [name_f]Gaia[/name_f], [name_f]Freya[/name_f], [name_u]Nova[/name_u], Irissia, [name_f]Laelia[/name_f], [name_f]Nuria[/name_f], [name_f]Noemi[/name_f], [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_u]Calypso[/name_u], [name_f]Galilea[/name_f], [name_f]Galatea[/name_f], [name_f]Aphrodite[/name_f], [name_f]Amphitrite[/name_f], [name_f]Azenor[/name_f], [name_f]Ysella[/name_f], [name_f]Aella[/name_f], Caelia, [name_f]Callisto[/name_f], [name_f]Rhea[/name_f], Nimiane, Niniane, [name_f]Laguna[/name_f], and [name_f]Lileas[/name_f].
I adore the names [name_f]Gwyneira[/name_f], Nymeria, [name_f]Oriana[/name_f], [name_f]Isadora[/name_f], [name_f]Proserpina[/name_f], [name_f]Titania[/name_f], [name_f]Elysia[/name_f], [name_f]Philomena[/name_f], [name_f]Eilonwy[/name_f], [name_f]Ambrosia[/name_f], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], [name_f]Zelda[/name_f], Sephima, [name_f]Amarantha[/name_f], [name_f]Evolet[/name_f], [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f], Solaria, [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f], [name_f]Semiramis[/name_f], [name_f]Elswyth[/name_f], and Zerelda; I just like them for different aesthetics than this one.
And you obviously have a great grasp of my style, because [name_f]Nimue[/name_f] is my daughter’s name and Lunaria is one of her middles!

@Jennifer_Rose - You have some real beauties here! I’m in love with [name_f]Asteria[/name_f], [name_f]Astraea[/name_f], Bellamira, Bellicent, [name_f]Corisande[/name_f], [name_f]Crescentia[/name_f], [name_f]Delphine[/name_f], [name_u]Echo[/name_u], [name_f]Evaluna[/name_f], [name_f]Illyria[/name_f] (one of my long time favorites!), [name_f]Lumina[/name_f], [name_f]Lysandra[/name_f], [name_f]Lystra[/name_f], [name_f]Naida[/name_f], [name_f]Nereida[/name_f], [name_f]Nerissa[/name_f], [name_f]Nerys[/name_f], [name_f]Odessa[/name_f], [name_f]Oona[/name_f], [name_f]Ondine[/name_f], [name_u]Phaedra[/name_u], [name_f]Selene[/name_f], [name_f]Selkie[/name_f], and [name_f]Serafina[/name_f] (one of my long-time favorites).
I’m also liking [name_f]Alura[/name_f], [name_f]Anissa[/name_f], [name_f]Aphra[/name_f], [name_f]Arista[/name_f], [name_f]Aristella[/name_f], [name_f]Azura[/name_f], [name_f]Callista[/name_f], [name_f]Celeste[/name_f], [name_f]Coral[/name_f], [name_f]Cleora[/name_f], [name_f]Cressida[/name_f], [name_f]Delphi[/name_f], Elyria, [name_f]Estelle[/name_f], [name_f]Finella[/name_f], [name_f]Fiona[/name_f], Illaria, [name_f]Isaura[/name_f], [name_f]Laguna[/name_f], [name_f]Leda[/name_f], [name_f]Lenore[/name_f], [name_f]Lucasta[/name_f], [name_f]Lunika[/name_f], [name_f]Maelys[/name_f], [name_f]Monet[/name_f], [name_f]Nadine[/name_f], [name_f]Nixie[/name_f], [name_f]Oceana[/name_f], [name_f]Ofira[/name_f], [name_f]Orestina[/name_f], [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], [name_f]Sabine[/name_f], [name_f]Tressa[/name_f], Ursaline, [name_f]Veridiana[/name_f], [name_f]Zafrina[/name_f], and [name_f]Zoraida[/name_f].
I also love [name_f]Eska[/name_f], [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], [name_f]Nadia[/name_f], [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvana[/name_f], just with different aesthetics.

Thank you for all of your fantastic suggestions! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

What a fantastic way to receive name suggestions – such a quirky, whimsical and beautiful description, that one can easily get lost in!

A few suggestions pulled from my own long-list that I think fit the mood…

Lilura
Prydwen
[name_f]Tesni[/name_f]
[name_f]Melusine[/name_f]
[name_f]Alaia[/name_f]
[name_u]Calypso[/name_u]
Serein
Fyvie
[name_f]Phaidra[/name_f]
[name_f]Idony[/name_f]
[name_f]Thisbe[/name_f]
Ephyra
[name_f]Selkie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilinoe[/name_f]
[name_f]Olimpiada[/name_f]
[name_f]Fleur[/name_f]
[name_f]Nixie[/name_f]
[name_f]Vaiana[/name_f]
Pompeia
Edessa
[name_f]Iscah[/name_f]
[name_f]Briseis[/name_f]
Nausikaa
[name_f]Atalanta[/name_f]
[name_f]Calluna[/name_f]
[name_f]Ysella[/name_f]
Rohesia
Amarina
[name_f]Elestren[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleome[/name_f]
[name_f]Thessaly[/name_f]
Anthemis
[name_f]Winslet[/name_f]
[name_u]Taika[/name_u]
Cithara
[name_f]Nyssa[/name_f]
Assarina
[name_f]Sibylla[/name_f]

1 Like

coralie
juneau
hestia / hester
endiwen
silvie
zola
serafine
viola
ursaline
isadora
noor
austÄ—ja
neve (usually prefer niamh, but this spelling seems to fit!)
aularia
merida
lilika
marte
vyvyan
estrella
ionia
lore
rhiannon
cleona

1 Like

the first name that came to mind was [name_f]Sereia[/name_f], the portugese word for mermaid!

i also like [name_f]Nephele[/name_f], [name_u]Echo[/name_u], [name_f]Naia[/name_f] & [name_f]Marina[/name_f] for the moodboard

1 Like

Cytheria (obviously you know how I feel about this name)
[name_f]Sirena[/name_f]
[name_f]Adamaris[/name_f]
Yaima
Elandra
[name_u]Marin[/name_u]
[name_f]Thalassa[/name_f]
[name_u]Dylan[/name_u]
[name_u]Kairi[/name_u]
[name_f]Ondine[/name_f]
[name_f]Alcyone[/name_f]
[name_f]Marina[/name_f]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
[name_f]Zarya[/name_f]
[name_f]Galatea[/name_f]

1 Like

How I love your mood boards!!

[name_f]Nerissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Nixie[/name_f]
[name_f]Alodia[/name_f]
Ilyria
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]
Samphire
[name_f]Alaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Aveline[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Elswyth[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Naiara[/name_f] / [name_f]Maiara[/name_f]
[name_f]Sefarina[/name_f]
[name_f]Asteria[/name_f] / [name_f]Asterina[/name_f]
[name_f]Musetta[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Katara[/name_f] / [name_u]Takara[/name_u]
[name_f]Amara[/name_f] / [name_f]Amaia[/name_f] / [name_f]Amaya[/name_f]
[name_f]Acadia[/name_f] / [name_f]Arcadia[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Catalina[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurembiaix[/name_f]
[name_f]Ozella[/name_f]
Zivania
[name_f]Ziva[/name_f] / [name_u]Zivka[/name_u]
[name_f]Stellaluna[/name_f] / [name_f]Stellamaris[/name_f] / [name_f]Aristella[/name_f]
[name_f]Aristeia[/name_f]
[name_f]Inessa[/name_f]
Bellaria
[name_f]Cleocharia[/name_f]
[name_f]Pacifica[/name_f]
[name_f]Marbella[/name_f]
[name_f]Melisande[/name_f]
[name_f]Nerilla[/name_f]
Leontia
Sevastiana
[name_f]Cliantha[/name_f]
Meliantha
[name_f]Celestine[/name_f] / [name_f]Celestina[/name_f]
Miriana
Orietta
[name_f]Zerynthia[/name_f]

1 Like

Your moodboard is incredible

Could Pearlescence or Iridescence be names!?

Other ideas…
[name_f]Iridessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_u]Ariel[/name_u]
Callula
[name_f]Mira[/name_f]
[name_f]Serena[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphia[/name_f]
[name_f]Merida[/name_f]
[name_f]Ula[/name_f]
[name_f]Aura[/name_f]
[name_f]Arethusa[/name_f]
[name_f]Aphrodite[/name_f]
[name_f]Mireille[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Ginevra[/name_f]
[name_f]Silvana[/name_f]
[name_f]Diamanta[/name_f]
[name_f]Muriel[/name_f]

1 Like

Oh my goodness, waking up to oodles of beautiful names in my inbox will never fail to set a bright mood for my entire day! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you, Berries!

@Sunniva - Thank you for your sweet words! I am so glad I stumbled onto this method, because it absolutely works for me.
Your suggestions are gorgeous! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are Lilura, [name_f]Melusine[/name_f] (rapidly becoming the top name for this aesthetic), Serein, [name_f]Phaidra[/name_f], Ephyra, [name_f]Selkie[/name_f], [name_f]Lilinoe[/name_f] (so beautiful and mysterious!), [name_f]Olimpiada[/name_f], [name_f]Atalanta[/name_f], [name_f]Elestren[/name_f], [name_f]Cleome[/name_f], [name_f]Nyssa[/name_f], and [name_f]Sibylla[/name_f].
I also like [name_f]Alaia[/name_f], [name_u]Calypso[/name_u], [name_f]Vaiana[/name_f], Edessa, [name_f]Calluna[/name_f], [name_f]Ysella[/name_f], Rohesia, [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f], and Cithara.
And I adore [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f], but it’s one of my top combos for a different aesthetic.

@Ellory - I’m loving [name_f]Coralie[/name_f], [name_f]Serafine[/name_f], [name_u]Noor[/name_u], Aularia, [name_f]Lore[/name_f], and [name_f]Cleona[/name_f] from your list!
I also like Endiwen, [name_f]Viola[/name_f], Ursaline, [name_f]Isadora[/name_f], [name_f]Estrella[/name_f], and [name_f]Ionia[/name_f].
I adore [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f], I just have them earmarked for different aesthetics.

@oceansea - Ooh, [name_u]Echo[/name_u] is so stunning here! I’m also loving [name_f]Sereia[/name_f], [name_f]Nephele[/name_f], and [name_f]Naia[/name_f]. Thank you!

@tanushka - What a gorgeous list! I’m swooning over Psamathe, [name_f]Nautica[/name_f], Triteia, Ianeira, [name_f]Melusine[/name_f], and Lysianassa. I also like [name_f]Leucosia[/name_f], Callianassa, Pherousa, Amatheia, and [name_f]Sereia[/name_f]. Thank you for these gems!

@moonkai - Oh Cytheria! This has been on your list for nearly a decade now, hasn’t it? I’m also loving [name_f]Sirena[/name_f], [name_f]Thalassa[/name_f], [name_f]Ondine[/name_f], and [name_f]Alcyone[/name_f] (swoon! this name has so much meaning to me, and it’s so gorgeous). I like Yaima, Elandra, [name_f]Zarya[/name_f], and [name_f]Galatea[/name_f] as well. I think [name_u]Kairi[/name_u] is really pretty as well, but there is a family member with this name already.

@Greyblue - Thank you so much! I’m always happy to see your comments! [name_f]Nerissa[/name_f], [name_f]Nixie[/name_f], [name_f]Illyria[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], and [name_f]Elswyth[/name_f] are all so lovely. I also like [name_f]Alodia[/name_f], Samphire (so interesting!), [name_f]Alaia[/name_f], and [name_f]Evelina[/name_f].

@Oblivious_octopus - Gorgeous list! I’m loving [name_f]Naiara[/name_f], [name_f]Maiara[/name_f], [name_f]Sefarina[/name_f], [name_f]Asteria[/name_f], [name_f]Stellaluna[/name_f], [name_f]Stellamaris[/name_f], [name_f]Aristella[/name_f], [name_f]Aristeia[/name_f], [name_f]Inessa[/name_f], [name_f]Cleocharia[/name_f] (swoon!), [name_f]Melisande[/name_f], [name_f]Nerilla[/name_f], Sevastiana, [name_f]Celestine[/name_f], and [name_f]Zerynthia[/name_f].
I also like [name_f]Asterina[/name_f], [name_f]Musetta[/name_f], [name_f]Arcadia[/name_f], [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] (though this is a family member’s name), Ballaria, Miriana, and Orietta.
[name_f]Aurembiaix[/name_f], [name_f]Cliantha[/name_f], and Melianthe are also beautiful, I just like them for different aesthetics.

@LouC - Thank you so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I really love how this one turned out.
I don’t see why they couldn’t be names, especially in the middle. And they’re both gorgeous! I am also loving [name_f]Iridessa[/name_f], [name_f]Serena[/name_f], [name_f]Arethusa[/name_f], and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f].
I like [name_u]Ariel[/name_u], [name_f]Delphi[/name_f], [name_f]Aura[/name_f], [name_f]Aphrodite[/name_f], [name_f]Mireille[/name_f], and [name_f]Diamanta[/name_f] as well.
I adore [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] and [name_f]Silvana[/name_f], just for different aesthetics.

Thank you all so much for your amazing ideas! I feel so inspired! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I have just one to suggest - [name_f]Alara[/name_f], meaning water fairy :star_struck:

I love this aesthetic and your mood board for it!

1 Like

I absolutely love your mood boards, they are gorgeous!
I apologize for repeats.

[name_f]Cosima[/name_f] (the first one that popped up in my head!)
[name_f]Sappho[/name_f]
[name_f]Tinuviel[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Amarantha[/name_f]
[name_f]Sybilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Althea[/name_f]
[name_f]Avalon[/name_f]
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Elswyth[/name_f]
[name_u]Endellion[/name_u]
[name_f]Mireille[/name_f]
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u]
[name_f]Yvaine[/name_f]

1 Like

@EdgeOfTheMeadow - That’s a gorgeous meaning! Thank you for your sweet words!

@SofiaSweden - Thank you so much! I’m so glad they inspire you! Repeats are fine, I always count them as yes votes :wink:
I love your suggestions! [name_f]Cosima[/name_f], [name_f]Sappho[/name_f], [name_f]Tinuviel[/name_f], [name_f]Sybilla[/name_f], [name_f]Althea[/name_f], [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] (swoon), [name_f]Celeste[/name_f], [name_f]Elswyth[/name_f], [name_u]Endellion[/name_u], [name_f]Mireille[/name_f], [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], and [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f] are all gorgeous!
I also adore [name_f]Sylvaine[/name_f], and I can totally see why it’s on the list. I just love the Sylv names for a different aesthetic.

1 Like

[name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] moodboard and the description is very inspiring! :blue_heart:
I second that the names [name_f]Marina[/name_f], [name_f]Melusine[/name_f], [name_f]Thalassa[/name_f] and especially [name_f]Undine[/name_f] (I prefer this spelling, it’s the original, and the U makes it more alluring and mysterious imo :heart:) are perfect for this aesthetic! I’ll try to avoid repeats this time, but there’s so many suggestions already that I’ll probably accidentally repeat a few. I also included pronunciations for some names that might be difficult to know how to pronunciate. :blush:

Aalin [ay-lin]
Adamantine
Adrasteia
Alanta
Aluona
Amaranthine
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] (because of the poem by [name_m]Edgar[/name_m] [name_m]Allan[/name_m] [name_u]Poe[/name_u], [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] Lee)
[name_f]Anwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Aqua[/name_f]
[name_f]Aquamarine[/name_f]
[name_u]Aria[/name_u]
Ariemma
[name_f]Arietta[/name_f]
[name_f]Asterope[/name_f]
[name_f]Athina[/name_f]
[name_u]Blue[/name_u] / [name_u]Bleu[/name_u]
Bluett
[name_u]Cadence[/name_u]
Callianeira / Kallianeira
Calliphaeia / Kalliphaeia
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] / [name_f]Kalliope[/name_f]
[name_f]Cerise[/name_f]
[name_u]Cerulean[/name_u]
Chrysopeleia
[name_f]Clarina[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] / [name_f]Clea[/name_f] / [name_f]Klea[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleodora[/name_f] / Kleodora
[name_f]Cyane[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
Deianeira
[name_f]Derya[/name_f]
Dulcimera
Durdana
Dynamene
Eidothea
[name_f]Eileithyia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleusine[/name_f]
[name_f]Elladine[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] / [name_f]Elodea[/name_f]
Endeis
Eriopis
[name_f]Eulalia[/name_f] / [name_f]Eulalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eudora[/name_f]
Eulimene
Eunoia
[name_f]Eurybia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eurynome[/name_f]
Euthemia
[name_f]Evadne[/name_f]
[name_f]Fairuza[/name_f]
Firouzeh / Firuzeh
[name_f]Kailani[/name_f]
[name_u]Kaimana[/name_u]
Kallistrate
Kaltrina
Kythereia
FĂ©thnaid [fay-nid]
[name_f]Gioia[/name_f]
Halimede
[name_u]Harmony[/name_u]
Helike
[name_f]Helmi[/name_f] / Helmina
[name_f]Hydrangea[/name_f]
Ianassa
[name_f]Ianthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Idaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Io[/name_f]
[name_f]Iolanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Iole[/name_f]
[name_f]Ione[/name_f]
[name_f]Ismene[/name_f]
[name_f]Jessamine[/name_f]
Kinvara
[name_f]Lapis[/name_f]
[name_f]Larissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f]
[name_u]Lazuli[/name_u]
Leuka / Leuke
Leucothea
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Liliwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilliet[/name_f]
Lilune
Limnaea
Limnoreia
Liriope
[name_f]Lucine[/name_f]
Lunamaria
Lycoria / Lykoria
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Lystra[/name_f]
[name_f]Maia[/name_f] / [name_f]Maya[/name_f]
[name_f]Medea[/name_f]
Melisma
[name_f]Melody[/name_f]
[name_f]Meraud[/name_f]
[name_f]Meri[/name_f]
Meridiana
[name_f]Mina[/name_f]
[name_f]Minthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Minuet[/name_f]
[name_f]Mira[/name_f]
Mirain [mee-rien]
Miramar
[name_f]Moana[/name_f]
Moninne / Moninna
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u] / [name_f]Morgana[/name_f] / [name_f]Morgaine[/name_f] / [name_f]Morgelyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Morena[/name_f]
[name_f]Morvoren[/name_f] (a mermaid in Cornish folklore)
Muirenn
Mytilene
[name_f]Nahla[/name_f]
[name_f]Naia[/name_f]
[name_f]Nanami[/name_f]
[name_u]Navy[/name_u]
[name_f]Nefertari[/name_f]
[name_f]Nefertiti[/name_f]
Nehalennia
[name_f]Nerina[/name_f]
[name_u]Nesta[/name_u]
[name_f]Nicasia[/name_f] / Nikasia
[name_f]Nila[/name_f]
Nilima
[name_f]Niloufar[/name_f]
[name_f]Nineveh[/name_f]
Ninniane / Niniane
Nymphaea
[name_f]Odessa[/name_f]
Orchidea
[name_f]Panthea[/name_f]
Pasiphaë
Pasithea
Periwinkle
[name_f]Perlezenn[/name_f]
Pherusa
Philyra
Pleione
Rusalija (from Rusalka; a water spirit in Slavic folklore who is similar to a siren/mermaid. Maybe even [name_f]Rusalka[/name_f] itself works as a name?)
Sequana
[name_f]Serenade[/name_f]
[name_f]Serene[/name_f] / [name_f]Serena[/name_f]
Serenei
Shiera
Shisera
[name_f]Sibylline[/name_f]
[name_f]Sini[/name_f] [see-ni]
Sinine [see-ni-neh]
Sinistra
[name_f]Sirje[/name_f] [the sir is pronounced like the sir in Sirius]
[name_f]Sonatina[/name_f]
[name_f]Symphony[/name_f]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
Teslin
[name_f]Thaleia[/name_f]
Theonoe
Thespia
[name_f]Tourmaline[/name_f]
[name_f]Tuilelaith[/name_f] [too-li-leya / til-a-la]
[name_f]Ula[/name_f]
Ulalume
[name_f]Umi[/name_f]
[name_f]Umina[/name_f]
Valinor
[name_f]Vela[/name_f]
Vellamo
Verisma
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] (and/or variants, like [name_f]Vesperia[/name_f], [name_f]Vespera[/name_f], Vespertina, Vespertine…)
[name_u]Vida[/name_u]
Vieno / Viena
[name_m]Vila[/name_m] (Slavic fairy similar to a nymph, which works as a name imo)
[name_f]Violette[/name_f]
[name_f]Wisteria[/name_f]
Yildun
[name_f]Yveline[/name_f]
[name_f]Yuna[/name_f]
Zephyrina / [name_f]Zephyrine[/name_f]

A lot of greek mythological names, a few music and colour related names, and just overall sea related names. Lastly, I can’t resist mentioning The [name_m]Little[/name_m] Mermaid’s [name_u]Ariel[/name_u] and her sisters: Attina, [name_f]Alana[/name_f], [name_f]Adella[/name_f], Aquata, [name_f]Arista[/name_f] and [name_f]Andrina[/name_f]! :ocean:🧜‍♀

1 Like

@ShaniaLiz - I got so excited when I received the notification that you’d replied to this thread, and this list does not disappoint! Wow!
[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites this time are [name_f]Melusine[/name_f], [name_f]Thalassa[/name_f], Adrasteia, [name_f]Asterope[/name_f], [name_u]Cerulean[/name_u], [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], [name_f]Eleusine[/name_f], [name_f]Eurynome[/name_f], Kythereia, Fethnaid (such a beautiful sound!), Ianassa, [name_f]Io[/name_f], [name_f]Lapis[/name_f], Lilune, Limnaea, Limnoreia, Liriope, [name_f]Lucine[/name_f], [name_f]Lystra[/name_f], Miramar, [name_f]Nerina[/name_f], Nypmhaea, [name_f]Odessa[/name_f], Pasithea, [name_f]Serenade[/name_f], [name_f]Serene[/name_f], Serenei, [name_f]Sibylline[/name_f], [name_f]Sirje[/name_f], [name_f]Thaleia[/name_f], [name_f]Tourmaline[/name_f], and [name_f]Zephyrine[/name_f].
I also like Amaranthine, [name_f]Aquamarine[/name_f], [name_u]Aria[/name_u] (but cannot use it due to a niece with the name), [name_f]Arietta[/name_f], Callianeira, Kallianeria, Calliphaeia, Kalliphaeia, [name_f]Calliope[/name_f], [name_f]Cerise[/name_f], [name_f]Clea[/name_f], [name_f]Cleodora[/name_f], Deianeira, Dulcimera, [name_f]Eileithyia[/name_f], [name_f]Fairuza[/name_f], Kallistrate, [name_f]Ione[/name_f], [name_f]Larissa[/name_f], Leucothea, Lycoria, Melisma, Meridiana, [name_f]Morvoren[/name_f], Muirenn, Mytilene, [name_f]Naia[/name_f], Nehalennia, [name_f]Nicasia[/name_f], [name_f]Niloufar[/name_f], Niniane, [name_f]Panthea[/name_f], Pasiphae, Pherusa, Philyra, [name_f]Rusalka[/name_f], [name_f]Serena[/name_f], Sinine, [name_f]Symphony[/name_f], Theonoe, [name_f]Tuilelaith[/name_f], [name_f]Undine[/name_f] (though I do prefer [name_f]Ondine[/name_f], because my synesthesia loves O names), Ulalume, Verisma, and [name_f]Yveline[/name_f].
I love [name_f]Anwen[/name_f], Eidothea, [name_f]Eulalia[/name_f], [name_f]Eulalie[/name_f], [name_f]Evadne[/name_f], [name_f]Ianthe[/name_f], [name_f]Iolanthe[/name_f], [name_f]Lavender[/name_f], [name_f]Liliwen[/name_f], [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], [name_f]Minthe[/name_f], [name_f]Minuet[/name_f], [name_f]Nefertiti[/name_f], Periwinkle, Valinor, [name_f]Violette[/name_f], and [name_f]Wisteria[/name_f] - I just love them all for other aesthetics over this one.
Thank you once again for all the time and thought you put into these gorgeous suggestions! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :purple_heart:

1 Like

I am obsessed with your aesthetics! (Do you have an Instagram, cuz you should start one!) You are so creative and they are all so beautiful.

1 Like