Names for a Gentle Druid {moodboard}

Hi Berries. I’ve been bitten by the aesthetic bug!

I’ve been really struggling to get my name lists in order following the birth of my first actual tiny human. (For some reason, now that she’s been named, it feels like all my lists of combos and ideas for potential future siblings are just in shambles.)

I’ve been really inspired by all the name aesthetics and moodboards y’all have been posting lately, so I decided to start collecting names into categories based on the aesthetics I’m going for!

I’m calling this one Gentle Druid. Names in this category are lush, organic, drenched in woodland vibes. Colors and textures are green, green, green with pops of brilliant crimson; old growth forests carpeted with ferns; craggy bark dripping with moss; shiny hard berries and soft downy feathers; leaves and lichens and fir needles everywhere.

Moodboard

What names would you give to a Gentle Druid? (I can’t wait to see your ideas!)

Update: I’ve created a public list for this aesthetic, which I’ll be updating as we go. You can see it here.

6 Likes

I adore this aesthetic :)!
The Gentle Druid:
Soren, Florens, Bramble, Willoughby, Edern, Thyme, Fern, Heath, Hawthorne, Boaz, Hansel, Jowan, Theotime, August, Kieran, River, Errol, Larkin, Edmund, Lysander, Flynn, Noam, Merle, Iver, Jove, Willem, Poe, Jonquil, Dashiell, Cashel, Gregory, Grisha, Caradoc, Laurentin, Adair.

1 Like

:herb::crescent_moon:
[name_u]Lorien[/name_u]
[name_u]Sora[/name_u]
[name_u]Lupin[/name_u]
[name_m]Viggo[/name_m]
[name_u]Elm[/name_u]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u]
[name_m]Castiel[/name_m]
[name_m]Othello[/name_m]
[name_m]Ewan[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_u]Sage[/name_u], [name_u]Calder[/name_u], [name_m]Alasdair[/name_m], [name_m]Huck[/name_m], [name_u]Taj[/name_u], [name_m]Jex[/name_m], [name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u], [name_m]Niven[/name_m], [name_u]Winslow[/name_u], [name_u]Sloane[/name_u], [name_m]Everson[/name_m], [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m], [name_u]Ziggy[/name_u], [name_u]Ashby[/name_u], [name_m]Thierry[/name_m], [name_m]Tycho[/name_m], [name_m]Stone[/name_m]

1 Like

@nymphnaps has AMAZING suggestions (;

[name_m]Bramble[/name_m]
[name_u]Auburn[/name_u]
[name_m]Emrys[/name_m]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u]
[name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]
[name_m]Macklin[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_u]Callum[/name_u]
[name_m]Bram[/name_m]
[name_f]Brazos[/name_f]
[name_u]Alder[/name_u] (I am still thinking about this one from your little one’s long list!)
[name_m]Pascal[/name_m]
[name_m]Isidore[/name_m]
[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_m]Oren[/name_m]
[name_u]Ashby[/name_u]
[name_m]Cullen[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_m]Ilan[/name_m]

2 Likes

[name_m]Toren[/name_m], [name_m]Torin[/name_m], or Tauren are the first names that came to mind! Maybe it’s because of the similar sounds with [name_m]Taurus[/name_m], and that’s what this aesthetic reminds me of :))

Something nature-ish: elm, [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], fern, [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m], [name_u]Alder[/name_u], Ivo/Iver, [name_u]Aspen[/name_u], [name_u]Cedar[/name_u], [name_u]Lotus[/name_u], [name_u]Finch[/name_u], [name_m]Thorne[/name_m], [name_u]Eden[/name_u],

Other random suggestions:
[name_m]Lief[/name_m], [name_m]Lars[/name_m], [name_u]Fen[/name_u], [name_u]Rune[/name_u], [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u], [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m], [name_m]Ramsay[/name_m] (or [name_m]Bram[/name_m], Ram), [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m], [name_u]Thoreau[/name_u], [name_m]Truman[/name_m], [name_m]Ike[/name_m], [name_u]Poe[/name_u], [name_u]Cal[/name_u], [name_m]Otis[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_m]Oslo[/name_m]
[name_m]Darius[/name_m]
[name_u]Beck[/name_u]
[name_u]Vivendel[/name_u]
[name_u]Sequoia[/name_u]
[name_f]Willodean[/name_f]
Cosgrove
[name_u]Cypress[/name_u]
[name_m]Cyprian[/name_m]
[name_m]Santiago[/name_m] / [name_m]Thiago[/name_m]
[name_f]Beryl[/name_f] / [name_m]Berilo[/name_m]
Ozai
[name_m]Jacinto[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicanor[/name_m]
[name_u]Pine[/name_u]
[name_m]Adlai[/name_m]
[name_u]Koa[/name_u]
[name_m]Haskell[/name_m]
[name_u]Laurel[/name_u]
[name_u]Valor[/name_u]
[name_m]Nash[/name_m] / [name_m]Nashville[/name_m]
[name_m]Oakes[/name_m] / [name_u]Oakley[/name_u] / [name_u]Oakland[/name_u]
[name_u]Hudson[/name_u]
[name_m]Decker[/name_m]
[name_u]Briar[/name_u]
[name_m]Iggy[/name_m] / [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m]
[name_m]Caius[/name_m]

I love the imagery!
[name_u]Amos[/name_u]
[name_u]Alva[/name_u]
[name_m]Elden[/name_m]
[name_m]Veren[/name_m]
[name_u]Taran[/name_u]
[name_m]Tennyson[/name_m]
[name_m]Breccan[/name_m]
[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]
[name_u]Harlow[/name_u]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_m]Finlo[/name_m]
[name_m]Fintan[/name_m]
[name_u]Asher[/name_u]
[name_m]Ashwin[/name_m]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]
[name_u]Roan[/name_u]
[name_m]Malachite[/name_m]
[name_u]Jade[/name_u]

[name_u]Merlin[/name_u]
[name_u]Emlyn[/name_u]
[name_m]Sylvan[/name_m]
[name_u]Peregrine[/name_u]
[name_u]Meridian[/name_u]
[name_m]Barnabas[/name_m]
[name_m]Horatio[/name_m]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m]

[name_m]Garth[/name_m]
[name_m]Samson[/name_m]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u]
[name_m]Gregor[/name_m]
[name_u]Drew[/name_u]

[name_f]Ceres[/name_f]
[name_f]Sian[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Greer[/name_f]
[name_u]Ro[/name_u]

Sorry for any repeats!

[name_m]Cassian[/name_m]
[name_m]Finnian[/name_m]
[name_m]Fintan[/name_m]
[name_m]Oswald[/name_m]
[name_u]Rudy[/name_u]
[name_u]Elm[/name_u]
[name_m]Kenelm[/name_m]
[name_u]Lowen[/name_u]
[name_u]Grove[/name_u]
[name_u]Sequoia[/name_u]
[name_u]Alden[/name_u]
[name_u]Alder[/name_u]
[name_u]Bryn[/name_u]
[name_m]Percival[/name_m]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_u]Dean[/name_u]
[name_u]Darragh[/name_u]
[name_u]Laurel[/name_u]
[name_m]Yves[/name_m]
[name_m]Ivo[/name_m]
[name_m]Hadrian[/name_m]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Viggo[/name_m]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]
[name_m]Emrys[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]Birch[/name_u]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u]
[name_m]Iver[/name_m]

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_u]Briar[/name_u]
[name_m]Moss[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_u]Clifford[/name_u]
[name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Crispin[/name_m]
[name_u]Henry[/name_u]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Soloman[/name_m]
[name_m]Klaus[/name_m]
[name_u]Milo[/name_u]
[name_u]Taliesin[/name_u]

Eee! This is my favorite way to wake up - loads of gorgeous replies on my name threads! :heart_eyes:

@nymphnaps - I’m so glad you love it! Your Sculptress board was the main inspiration for this new kick I’m on. And you have some beautiful suggestions! I’m loving [name_m]Soren[/name_m], [name_m]Bramble[/name_m] (swoon!), [name_u]Thyme[/name_u], [name_f]Fern[/name_f] (this is one of my daughter’s middle names!), [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m] (this one just absolutely nails the brief), [name_u]River[/name_u], [name_m]Lysander[/name_m], [name_u]Poe[/name_u], [name_m]Caradoc[/name_m], and [name_u]Adair[/name_u]. I’m also a huge fan of [name_u]August[/name_u], though I have that one set aside for a different aesthetic (moodboard pending). Theotime is completely new to me! Where did you find this gem?

@rhodes2nowhere - [name_u]Lorien[/name_u] is absolutely magic. I also like [name_u]Elm[/name_u], [name_m]Ewan[/name_m], and of course, [name_m]Castiel[/name_m]!

@noiseandkisses - [name_u]Sage[/name_u] and [name_u]Calder[/name_u] are lovely! I’m also liking [name_m]Alasdair[/name_m] and [name_m]Tycho[/name_m], but for different aesthetics.

@canyonmoon28 - Right? [name_m]Bramble[/name_m] and [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m] are both so perfect. I’m loving [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] and [name_u]Auburn[/name_u] soooo much! I have them set aside for different aesthetics, though [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] does fit the brief here beautifully.

@eattacosforbreakfast - [name_u]Alder[/name_u] would be perfect here, though I still have my heart set on it for a future femme child. [name_m]Isidore[/name_m], [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m], [name_m]Oren[/name_m] and [name_m]Ilan[/name_m] are lovely. [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] is literally the name that sparked this entire aesthetic (the red berries are rowan berries), so you nailed it with that one!

@gracegillian - Wow, you have my style totally pegged. [name_m]Toren[/name_m] / [name_m]Torin[/name_m] is new to me, and I’m really loving it! [name_u]Elm[/name_u], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] (literally the seed for this whole aesthetic), [name_f]Fern[/name_f] (one of my daughter’s names!), [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m] (swoon!), [name_u]Alder[/name_u] (runner up for my daughter’s middle name, but [name_f]Fern[/name_f] won by a hair’s breadth), [name_u]Aspen[/name_u], [name_u]Cedar[/name_u], [name_u]Finch[/name_u], [name_m]Thorne[/name_m], and [name_u]Eden[/name_u] are all gorgeous! I’m also loving [name_u]Fen[/name_u], [name_u]Rune[/name_u], [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] (seed for the aesthetic I’m currently working on), [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] (for a different list), [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m], [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] (for a different list), [name_u]Poe[/name_u], and [name_u]Thoreau[/name_u]. So many gems here! I feel like a hungry child at a table full of sweets, just stuffing handfuls of them into my face, haha.

@Oblivious_octopus - [name_u]Cypress[/name_u] is just absolutely swoonworthy! I’m also liking [name_u]Vivendel[/name_u], [name_u]Sequoia[/name_u], [name_m]Cyprian[/name_m], [name_m]Nicanor[/name_m] (this one is new to me!), [name_u]Pine[/name_u], [name_m]Adlai[/name_m], [name_u]Laurel[/name_u] (ooh, I’d never considered this as a masc name but love it so much more than on a femme!), [name_u]Oak[/name_u] (prefer it without the suffixes), and [name_u]Briar[/name_u] (my number one GP, as we know someone with the name, but it fits the brief perfectly!)

@EdgeOfTheMeadow - Thank you so much! [name_m]Tennyson[/name_m] is just perfection - I don’t know why I didn’t think of this one before! I’m also liking [name_m]Elden[/name_m], [name_u]Asher[/name_u], [name_m]Ronan[/name_m], and [name_m]Malachite[/name_m].

@Greyblue - Ooh, Merlin!! I’m also loving [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m] (swoon!), [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u], [name_u]Meridian[/name_u], and [name_m]Orson[/name_m].

@taylorlou - [name_u]Robin[/name_u] and [name_f]Ceres[/name_f] are both lovely!

6 Likes

Had to start a second reply post, because I like to give individual responses, but can only @ 10 people per post, haha.

@ellerbea - Ooh, lovelies! [name_m]Cassian[/name_m], [name_u]Elm[/name_u], [name_u]Grove[/name_u], [name_u]Sequoia[/name_u], [name_u]Alder[/name_u] (this was almost one of my daughter’s names), [name_u]Sage[/name_u], [name_u]Laurel[/name_u] (I’m seriously liking this for a masc name), [name_m]Yves[/name_m], [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] (pure magic, and the seed for a different aesthetic), [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] (the name that sparked this moodboard!), [name_u]Birch[/name_u], and [name_u]Theo[/name_u].

@mololy - Oh my goodness, Moss!! All of the heart-eyes. And Taliesin!!! [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] are the two names that I had in mind when making this moodboard! I’m also loving [name_u]Sage[/name_u], [name_u]Briar[/name_u] (swoon), [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], and [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] (the seed for the aesthetic I’m currently working on).

Thank you everyone for your absolutely magical suggestions. This is the most inspired I’ve been since I was name hunting for my daughter! :purple_heart:

3 Likes

I love doing aesthetic boards. I have my own thread on here. I’ve done about 500 for members now lol.

Boy names I would associate with this aesthetic

[name_u]Aspen[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_u]Ash[/name_u]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_m]Alaric[/name_m]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Castiel[/name_m]
[name_m]Cassian[/name_m]
[name_u]Calder[/name_u]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]
[name_u]Cypress[/name_u]
[name_m]Deacon[/name_m]
[name_m]Elio[/name_m]
[name_u]Elm[/name_u]
[name_u]Ember[/name_u]
[name_u]Endellion[/name_u]
[name_m]Fraser[/name_m]
[name_u]Fox[/name_u]
[name_m]Finlo[/name_m]
[name_m]Farley[/name_m]
[name_u]Forest[/name_u]
[name_m]Grover[/name_m]
[name_m]Gulliver[/name_m]
[name_u]Griffin[/name_u]
[name_m]Hamish[/name_m]
[name_m]Hart[/name_m]
[name_f]Hesper[/name_f]
[name_m]Heath[/name_m]
[name_m]Ivan[/name_m]
[name_m]Ivar[/name_m]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_m]Jacoby[/name_m]
[name_m]Lorcan[/name_m]
[name_u]Lux[/name_u]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_u]Milo[/name_u]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
[name_m]Orpheus[/name_m]
[name_u]Puck[/name_u]
[name_m]Prospero[/name_m]
[name_u]Quill[/name_u]
[name_m]Sylvan[/name_m]
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u]
[name_m]Vance[/name_m]
[name_u]Valo[/name_u]
[name_u]Valor[/name_u]
[name_u]Wynn[/name_u]
[name_u]Willoughby[/name_u]

How about…

[name_m]Cedric[/name_m]
Lauris/Loris
[name_u]Lowen[/name_u]
[name_u]Sol[/name_u]
[name_m]Frey[/name_m]
[name_m]Cassander[/name_m]
[name_m]Llewelyn[/name_m]
[name_m]Leif[/name_m]
[name_m]Cador[/name_m]
Eurig (AY-rig)
[name_m]Arthen[/name_m]
[name_m]Elwyn[/name_m]
Hedrek
Enyon
Alrik/Alaric
[name_m]Albie[/name_m]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Edric[/name_m]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_u]Evren[/name_u]
Esben

@anon25197097 - Oh my goodness, 500! :scream: That’s amazing. It takes me forever to do these. I’ve thought about making a request thread because it would be fun to do them for others, but I would get so behind so fast. And if I ran into requests for names that I dislike, it would be so difficult to be inspired enough to do all the work of making one. I admire your commitment!!
I also love sooo many of these suggestions. [name_u]Aspen[/name_u], [name_u]August[/name_u] (though I prefer this for another aesthetic), [name_u]Ash[/name_u], [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] (this was the seed for my [name_f]Starlight[/name_f] [name_u]Sailor[/name_u] board!), [name_u]Calder[/name_u], [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m], [name_u]Cypress[/name_u] (swoon!), [name_u]Elm[/name_u], [name_u]Endellion[/name_u] (oooh, perfect!), [name_u]Fox[/name_u], [name_m]Farley[/name_m], [name_u]Forest[/name_u], [name_m]Heath[/name_m], [name_m]Lorcan[/name_m], [name_u]Puck[/name_u], [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m], and [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] (though this is the seed for a pending moodboard).

@Myosotis - [name_m]Frey[/name_m] is amazing!! And Llewellyn!! I’m also loving [name_m]Cedric[/name_m], Cassandar, Arthan, [name_m]Soren[/name_m], [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], and [name_u]Evren[/name_u].

2 Likes

found theotime when i was trying to find smoosh word names with a nature vibe :).

1 Like

woah…ur super talented at making these aesthetics!!

suggestions: :evergreen_tree:

female: :deciduous_tree:
aodette
ilana
alyvia
cedar
aspen
cayley
elswyth
olive
althea
kezia