Names for a Secret Lover {moodboard}

HI Berries. I’ve been bitten by the aesthetic bug!

Recap

I’ve been really struggling to get my name lists in order following the birth of my first actual tiny human. (For some reason, now that she’s been named, it feels like all my lists of combos and ideas for potential future siblings are just in shambles. )

I’ve been really inspired by all the name aesthetics and moodboards y’all have been posting lately, so I decided to start collecting names into categories based on the aesthetics I’m going for!

I’m calling this one Secret Lover. Names in this category are devastatingly romantic - star-crossed suitors writing passionate love letters, moonlight trysts in secret gardens, white knights serenading their loves beneath balconies. Colors and textures are midnight and blush, vellum and ivory, ribbons and ink, ivy and stone, vine-wrapped columns and night-blooming flowers, hidden paths and and moon-kissed fountains, whispered declarations of love and roses, roses, roses everywhere.

Moodboard

(This one was the most difficult aesthetic yet - it took me forever, and I’m still not happy with it!)

What names would you give a Secret Lover? I’ll be sharing the name list here. I look forward to your lovely suggestions!

Previous Aesthetics:

1 Like

[name_f]Every[/name_f] time your moodboards are gorgeous :heart_eyes:

Some names that sprung to mind for me are [name_m]Sholto[/name_m], [name_m]Isidore[/name_m], [name_m]Vincentio[/name_m], [name_m]Caradoc[/name_m], [name_m]Galahad[/name_m] and [name_m]Cassander[/name_m]

2 Likes

I can’t see the names.

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Romeo[/name_m] (Sorry had to)
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m]
[name_m]Daxton[/name_m]
[name_u]Henry[/name_u]
[name_m]Phillip[/name_m]
[name_m]Eugene[/name_m]
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_u]Israel[/name_u]
[name_u]Hayden[/name_u]

1 Like

Amias
Attila
Callum
Cornelius
Cosimo
Dashiell
Ferdinand
Fernando
Hawthorn
Hyacinthus
Ignatius
Ismail
Lucian
Marcellus
Niccolò
Rafe
Raphael
Tadhg
Teodor
Valdemar
Valentine
Wyeth

1 Like

[name_u]Tristan[/name_u] (from the book [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] & Isolde)
[name_u]William[/name_u]
[name_m]Nathan[/name_m]
[name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]
[name_m]Collin[/name_m]

1 Like

love, you’re supposed to come up with the names

& I’ll suggest

salvatore
vincenzo
fabrizio
mordechai
zephaniah

aurore
adora
adela
adalia

2 Likes

[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Valentino[/name_m]
[name_m]Ricardo[/name_m]
[name_m]Reynaldo[/name_m]
[name_m]Stephen[/name_m]
[name_m]Kessler[/name_m]
[name_u]Montgomery[/name_u]
[name_m]Alonzo[/name_m]
[name_m]Bastien[/name_m]
[name_m]Mathis[/name_m]
[name_m]Beauregard[/name_m]
[name_m]Benoit[/name_m]
[name_m]Laurent[/name_m]
[name_u]Julian[/name_u]
[name_u]Adrian[/name_u]
[name_m]Hadrian[/name_m]

1 Like

@Greyblue - Thank you so much!! :heart_eyes: I’m honored that you comment on them all! Honestly the only one from this list that I didn’t love here was [name_m]Sholto[/name_m]. [name_m]Isidore[/name_m] and [name_m]Cassander[/name_m] are especially magical!

@mea.ola - Oh! I start out with a blank list, but then update as we go along, adding my favorite names from everyone’s suggestions. Sorry about the confusion!

@Sophie_sawriter - Haha, no worries! [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] is like the poster-child for this particular brief. I’m also liking [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and [name_u]Henry[/name_u]. I loooove [name_u]Israel[/name_u], but maybe for a different aesthetic.

@lateaugust - So many gorgeous suggestions!! :heart_eyes: I’m loving [name_m]Amias[/name_m] (is there a single aesthetic that this name doesn’t work for?), [name_u]Callum[/name_u], [name_m]Cosimo[/name_m], [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m], [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m], [name_m]Fernando[/name_m], [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m], Hyacinthus (swoon), [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m], [name_m]Lucian[/name_m], [name_m]Marcellus[/name_m], [name_u]Rafe[/name_u] (so perfect here!), [name_m]Raphael[/name_m], [name_m]Tadhg[/name_m], [name_m]Teodor[/name_m], [name_m]Valdemar[/name_m], and [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]. So basically all of them! haha.

@ajenni10 - Tristan!!! Yes, he was the seed for this particular aesthetic. I’m also liking [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u].

@EllieWilbury - Ooh! [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m] is perfect!! I’m also liking [name_m]Vincenzo[/name_m] and [name_u]Zephaniah[/name_u].

@Ehrob1 - So many gems here! I’m loving [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Valentino[/name_m], [name_m]Ricardo[/name_m], [name_m]Reynaldo[/name_m], [name_m]Alonzo[/name_m], [name_m]Bastien[/name_m] (swoon!!), [name_m]Laurent[/name_m], [name_u]Julian[/name_u], and [name_u]Adrian[/name_u].

Wow, thank you all for your fantastic suggestions!! I’m off to update the list. :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Oooh fun! I love this.

[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] (sprang to mind immediately
[name_m]Lochlan[/name_m]
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m]
[name_m]Valentin[/name_m] (too obvious? Lol)
Damien/Damian or maybe [name_m]Damon[/name_m]
[name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m]
[name_u]Virgil[/name_u]
[name_m]Morrissey[/name_m]
[name_u]Tiernan[/name_u]
[name_m]Antoni[/name_m]
[name_u]Declan[/name_u]
[name_m]Lucius[/name_m]

[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]
[name_m]Octavian[/name_m]
[name_u]Valor[/name_u]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
Duvalier
[name_m]Veren[/name_m]

I also really like [name_m]Romaric[/name_m] and [name_m]Valentinian[/name_m] for this category but your call on whether they’re too on the nose!

I could go overboard with this :blush::rofl:

[name_m]Alaric[/name_m]
[name_m]Apollo[/name_m]
Alesio
[name_m]Aurelio[/name_m]
[name_m]Balthazar[/name_m]
[name_m]Barthelemy[/name_m]
[name_m]Bertrand[/name_m]
[name_u]Charles[/name_u]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m]
[name_m]Cassian[/name_m]
[name_m]Cedric[/name_m]
[name_m]Cassander[/name_m]
[name_u]Chauncey[/name_u]
[name_m]Drayton[/name_m]
[name_u]Damaris[/name_u]
[name_m]Elio[/name_m]
[name_m]Eros[/name_m]
[name_m]Emilio[/name_m]
[name_m]Emiliano[/name_m]
[name_m]Eric[/name_m]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_m]Fabian[/name_m]
Finlayson
[name_m]Finneas[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederic[/name_m]
[name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]
[name_m]Hadrian[/name_m]
[name_m]Hermes[/name_m]
[name_m]Ivar[/name_m]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m]
Konstantine
[name_m]Leonardo[/name_m]
[name_m]Laertes[/name_m]
[name_m]Lazarus[/name_m]
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
[name_m]Leander[/name_m]
[name_m]Marcelo[/name_m]
[name_m]Marius[/name_m]
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_m]Orpheus[/name_m]
Perceus
[name_u]Quill[/name_u]
[name_m]Quillan[/name_m]
[name_m]Romeo[/name_m]
[name_u]Sylvester[/name_u]
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u]
[name_m]Thackeray[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_m]Vance[/name_m]
[name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
[name_m]Valentino[/name_m]

Darn I was hoping to be helping choose a name for a secret lover :joy: :heart:

@moonkai - Thank you!! I’m so in love with this trend of making aesthetics for names, because it’s just that much closer to how I naturally perceive them in my head. I’m loving Raphael for this one! Also Lochlan, Valentin (perfect), Damien, Damon, Lorenzo, Virgil, and Tiernan. I like Malachi, Declan, and Lucius; they just have a different feel, at least to me.

@EdgeOfTheMeadow - Ooh, some great ones here! I’m loving Rafferty, Octavian, Valor, and Duvalier, as well as Romaric. Valentinian is a bit overembellished for me, but I love Valentin and Valentine!

@anon25197097 - I love it when you go overboard!! :rofl: It’s like when you put the quarter in the candy machine and it dispenses so fast the candies overflow your hands. :heart_eyes: I’m loving Alaric (swoon), Aurelio, Balthazar, Barthelemy, Bertrand, Cassian, Cassander, Cedric, Eros, Emilio, Emiliano, Evander (perfect!), Fabian, Frederic, Gabriel, Konstantine, Leonardo, Laertes (!!!), Lysander, Leander, Marcelo, Marius, Orpheus, Perseus, Quill, Romeo, Tristan (the name that started this aesthetic!), Vincent, Valentine, and Valentino. Wow, so many! I’m also liking Thackeray, Sylvester, Lazarus, Jasper, Finneas, Apollo, and of course, Caspian, though I think they fit better with different aesthetics. Thank you for the goodies!!

That is hilarious!! Sorry to disappoint! :rofl:

One of my partners came in while I was replying to this thread and started singing “secret loveeeerrrrr through the mountaaaaiiin” to the tune of “secret tunnel” from Avatar: The Last Airbender. :joy:

3 Likes

hi again!:relieved:

for this aesthetic i first thought of [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] (sorry hahah) and [name_m]Leon[/name_m] or [name_m]Leonardo[/name_m]. They sound so romantic to me

im thinking maybe more traditional names and maybe some french, italian or hispanic names so some suggestions:
Amaro
[name_m]Amadeo[/name_m]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m]
[name_u]Amos[/name_u]
[name_m]Alessandro[/name_m]
[name_u]Basil[/name_u]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
[name_m]Benedict[/name_m]
[name_u]Beckett[/name_u]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
[name_u]Constantine[/name_u]
[name_m]Clement[/name_m]
[name_u]David[/name_u]
[name_m]Damon[/name_m]
[name_m]Deveraux[/name_m]
[name_m]Eric[/name_m]
[name_m]Eliseo[/name_m]
[name_u]Francis[/name_u]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Giovanni[/name_m]
Giulo
[name_m]Giuliano[/name_m]
[name_m]Isidore[/name_m]
[name_u]Jaime[/name_u]
[name_u]Joan[/name_u]
[name_m]Leonard[/name_m]
[name_m]Leonidas[/name_m]
[name_m]Leopold[/name_m]
[name_u]Leone[/name_u]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Milan[/name_u]
[name_m]Orlando[/name_m]
[name_m]Pascal[/name_m]
[name_m]Pascual[/name_m]
[name_u]Prince[/name_u]
[name_m]Philippe[/name_m]
[name_m]Raffaello[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Stefan[/name_m]
[name_m]Stefano[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_u]Timothy[/name_u]
[name_m]Otello[/name_m]
[name_m]Octavian[/name_m]
[name_u]William[/name_u]

for a girl i def love [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]!