Names for a Forest Guardian {moodboard}

Time for another LavenderWitch aesthetic!

Recap

I’ve been really struggling to get my name lists in order following the birth of my first actual tiny human. (For some reason, now that she’s been named, it felt like all my lists of combos and ideas for potential future siblings were just in shambles.)

I’ve been so inspired by all the name aesthetics and moodboards y’all have been posting lately, so I decided to start collecting names into categories based on the aesthetics I’m going for! My goal was to create ten masc and ten femme aesthetics that I can use to organize a top ten list for each, and this makes my tenth for the masc category! I’m so excited to be halfway finished!

I’m calling this one Forest Guardian. Names in this category run the gamut from man to myth and god to monster - shamanistic ancestors and prehistoric hunters, woodland elves and forest faeries, horned gods and green men. Colors and textures are green, green, green - pine and sage, spring and kelly, emerald and spruce - with bits of mist white, heartwood brown, and the grey-blue of rain clouds; the springiness of moss and the sponginess of mushrooms; the crumbling softness of rotting logs; the quiet drip of dewdrops from the canopy above; the soft gleam of animal bones against the forest floor; the cryptic shapes of antlers against deep green shadows; the smell of the earth after it rains.

Moodboard

I think of all the aesthetics I’ve done, this is one of the closest to my heart, as it’s very evocative of my personal spiritual path. So I’m very excited to see what you would name a Forest Guardian! (I’ll be updating the list here as we go.)

Previous Aestherics
2 Likes

This site https://kidadl.com/articles/best-names-that-mean-forest-for-your-little-ranger
suggests these (and much more):
Faunus
Firth
Garwood
Guido
Tane
Elswyth
Dagwood
Haywood
Silvanus
Roscoe
Xylo or Zylo
Nemorio

2 Likes

[name_u]Love[/name_u] this aesthetic! The first name that came to mind was [name_m]Paladin[/name_m], but you may also like

[name_u]Alden[/name_u]
[name_m]Dacre[/name_m]
[name_m]Finlo[/name_m]
[name_m]Marlon[/name_m]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]
[name_m]Sylvan[/name_m]

Also I’ve always loved botanical name Pyracantha for a feisty [name_m]Forrester[/name_m]!

Hemlock
[name_m]Grover[/name_m]
[name_u]Lyle[/name_u]
[name_m]Phineas[/name_m]
[name_m]Frank[/name_m]
[name_m]Lochlan[/name_m]
[name_u]Ramsey[/name_u]
[name_m]Chester[/name_m]
[name_u]Tobin[/name_u]
[name_u]Clayton[/name_u]
Barrett/Rhett
[name_m]Gordon[/name_m]
[name_u]Clifford[/name_u]
[name_u]Alwin[/name_u]
[name_m]Todd[/name_m]
[name_u]Adler[/name_u]
[name_m]Hector[/name_m]
[name_u]Elmer[/name_u]
[name_u]Harvest[/name_u]

love it! for this aesthetic i like strong but soft names at the same time
my favs:
Percival nn Percy (i mean - it’s just perfect: means “one who pierces the valley”; it’s strong but sweet with the nn Percy, it’s mythological, has a nature vibe, it’s very related to literature and screams green for me)
Atlas (it’s a mythological name, strong but soft, very related to literature and also has a nature vibe imo)
Zephyr (mythological and it actually means “west wind”)

some other suggestions:
Evander
Soren
Neo
Lysander
Leander
Everest
Evian
Espen
Elliot
Elijah
Echo
Tristan
Zaevion
Sage
Aspen
Bamboo
Finn
Florian
Abraxas
West

I think this is just boy names but for a girl: Inka !
it fits perfectly with this aesthetic imo
also Selva (means jungle in spanish), Saffron or Nerea

[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]
[name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m]
[name_u]Peregrine[/name_u]
[name_u]Tobin[/name_u]
[name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_m]Sylvan[/name_m]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]
[name_m]Tadhg[/name_m]
[name_m]Amias[/name_m]
[name_m]Kester[/name_m]
Ossian/Oisin
[name_m]Alfred[/name_m]
[name_m]Fergus[/name_m]

@EdgeOfTheMeadow - Ooh, thank you for the link! From your suggestions, I’m absolutely loving Faunus! I’m also liking [name_m]Tane[/name_m], [name_u]Firth[/name_u], [name_f]Elswyth[/name_f], [name_m]Silvanus[/name_m], and Nemorio. From the link, I’m liking [name_u]Arden[/name_u], Ardian, [name_m]Sylvain[/name_m], [name_m]Silvester[/name_m], Daere, [name_f]Idra[/name_f], [name_u]Alder[/name_u], [name_f]Sen[/name_f], [name_m]Yves[/name_m], and Arywode. Pyracantha is entirely new to me!

@krijesnica - Thank you! [name_m]Paladin[/name_m] is lovely! I’m also liking alden, [name_m]Dacre[/name_m], [name_m]Roland[/name_m], and [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m]. I like [name_m]Ronan[/name_m] as well, but for a different aesthetic.

@river_dweller - Ooh, Hemlock is gorgeous! I’m also liking [name_m]Phineas[/name_m], [name_m]Lochlan[/name_m], [name_u]Tobin[/name_u], and [name_u]Adler[/name_u]. I think [name_u]Harvest[/name_u] is swoonworthy for my [name_f]Samhain[/name_f] aesthetic!

@vida - Thank you so much! I have a very similar desire for strong and soft names. From your suggestions, I’m loving [name_u]Atlas[/name_u], [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u], [name_m]Evander[/name_m], [name_u]Neo[/name_u], [name_m]Lysander[/name_m], [name_m]Leander[/name_m], [name_u]Everest[/name_u], [name_u]Sage[/name_u], [name_u]Aspen[/name_u], [name_u]Florian[/name_u], [name_m]Abraxas[/name_m], and [name_u]West[/name_u]. I want to love [name_m]Espen[/name_m] so much, but I just see ESPN. [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] and [name_m]Soren[/name_m] are already on my shortlist for different aesthetics, so you obviously have a sense of my style! (Also, I love Saffron!)

@Greyblue - I’m loving [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m], Perergrine, [name_u]Tobin[/name_u], [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m], [name_m]Tadhg[/name_m], [name_m]Amias[/name_m], [name_m]Kester[/name_m], and [name_m]Oisin[/name_m]! I’m also considering [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m].

Thank you all for the beautiful suggestions! I’m off to update the list. :purple_heart:

4 Likes

of course! you’re welcome, so glad you liked them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: we definitely do have a similar taste in names, the ones you chose are also my favorites along with [name_m]Percival[/name_m] & [name_m]Bamboo[/name_m]! and i know right? [name_f]Saffron[/name_f] is lovely, definitely an underrated name! going right now to check your other aesthetics and see if i can suggest some :relieved::relieved:

1 Like